Ustase

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 18 Jun 2004, 00:23

Spy wrote:In my opinion HOP was useful til 1990, perhaps 1995, but today Croatia is already liberated. HOP means - Croatian movement for liberty. HOP didn't won more votes 'cause there are too many parties in Croatia, more than 90 parties (!), so I think that about 80% of Croats don't know that this party exist. You can visit their homepage: http://www.hop.hr

BTW I don't think they're a "lunatic-fringe party" (to be honest I don't know what this mean but it sounds bad). The worse party in Croatia is HNS lead by Vesna Pusiæ.
Spy:

I do not think that the HOP was ever useful for the Republic of Croatia. They are a party mired in the past, out of touch with the present, and without a viable program for the future. They didn't receive the handful of votes due to the existence of 90 parties in Croatia (how would the HDZ and other mainstream parties receive their numerous votes otherwise?) - they were marginalized because they do not represent the will and ideas of a great majority of the Croatian people. BYW, 'lunatic fringe' means a group that has minor importance due to its more extreme views (in this case, a political party).

Regards,
Allen/

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 18 Jun 2004, 00:24

Musashi wrote:Dobar vecer Allen.
I remember a cardinale, Juraj Dobrila on Deset Kuna banknote. If I remember well, Croats told me he was responsible for the atrocities. They also said me he was something like "saint" in Croatia.
What is your opinion?
Pozdrav,
Chris
Hi Musashi:

Perhaps you are thinking of Cardinal Stepinac, who was (falsely) accused of crimes by Tito's regime?

Allen/

neue.ahnenerbe

Re: Ustase

Post by neue.ahnenerbe » 10 Dec 2011, 12:22

Back to the original topic about the Ustasha Youth, the similarities between the Ustaška mladež and the Greek fascist youth EON are striking, have a look:

http://www.ethniko.net/blog/comparision ... ska-mladez

(Ustaška mladež i grčki fašističke mladeži)

Joe Sakic

Post by Joe Sakic » 09 Jul 2014, 13:30

There was most definitely a Ustaša Youth, known as the Ustaška mladež, UM. The official youth organization of the Ustaša movement, UM was organized in a military manner and structured territorially, as in other Axis countries and along similar lines as the organizations in Italy and Germany. Each of the Counties (velika župa, the first county-level subdivision) had a UM headquarters (stozer), and each kotar (second level subdivision) had a UM camp (logor). Each community (općina, or third level subdivision) had a tabor. Within tabors there were platoons and squads (vod and roj, respectively).

The platoons where organized in branches according to the age. So there was the Ustaška uzdanica for children 7-11 years old, Ustaški junak for children 11-14 years old, and the Starčevićeva mladež for children 17-21 years old. The elite units of the last group might have been organized in Ustaški jurišnik, that trained with weapons and even engaged in combat.

The girls were organized in the same manner, but for the jurišnik they were organized in Ustaška djevojka.

papa hausser

Post by papa hausser » 16 Jan 2015, 08:52

one question to the experts: are there any members of the PTB are still alive?

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”