Impression help?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Captain Cogle

Impression help?

Post by Captain Cogle » 09 Nov 2012, 13:40

Hi guys,

I am trying to slowly build a WW2 Hungarian basic infantry impression. I already own some bits such as the helmet and rifle, and I have located where to buy the uniform and boots, but what I really need help with is equipment! I cannot find any one out there in the USA who is doing this impression and I have read in several different places that items such as the bread bag, mess tin and shelter halves are being reproduced. Can any one tell me where to locate any of this gear? Any information at all would help

Thanks in advance!

MG42sForAll

Re: Impression help?

Post by MG42sForAll » 10 Nov 2012, 17:29

If you search the forum you can find several pages of posts involving the Hungarians. Looks like a lot of the posts are old but perhaps the members that made them are still around if you want to try PMing them. Also I found this link which may help you out: http://www.denes.us/forums/YaBB.pl

Captain Cogle

Post by Captain Cogle » 11 Nov 2012, 03:33

Thanks, I have a lot of reading material on the Hungarian Royal Army. I am trying to locate original or reproduction gear. I know what I need, what I need to know is WHERE to find it. I am also part of that forum, it is dead as a doornail.
Sorry if my post was confusing.

Captain Cogle

Post by Captain Cogle » 15 Nov 2012, 05:54

No one knows of any vendors out there with reproduction or original Hungarian equipment?

RabidMangalica

Post by RabidMangalica » 07 Dec 2012, 16:55

Captain Cogle wrote:Thanks, I have a lot of reading material on the Hungarian Royal Army. I am trying to locate original or reproduction gear. I know what I need, what I need to know is WHERE to find it. I am also part of that forum, it is dead as a doornail.
Sorry if my post was confusing.
I probably know where to get it but I have no Idea how to get it out of Hungary. They have an E-bay type of thing were you can find stuff till your eyes tear. You have to speak Hungarian though and probably live there. I had some good connections down there a while back but unfortunately non now. Maybe someone here can find the web address (I have it but on another computer.)

/Stefan

IamYourFear

Post by IamYourFear » 19 Jan 2013, 12:35

Hello !
If you would need help with something, please feel free to contact me ! Here in Czech Republic we are reenacting Hungarian royal army, and we have plenty of materials, stuff, equip and photos =)

True is, that most of things can be only found in Hungary, Slovakia, or here in Czech Republic.
Uniform, bread bag, and cloth pre-war gas mask case are made only in Hungary.
Belt, ammo pouches, bayonet sling etc can be bought also in czech republic, because its similar or same as Austro-Hungarian equip in ww1 and also as Czechoslovakia army equip during 1919-1938.

Here is a shop with repro equip, and I have to say it is really good looking and also of big quality.

http://www.kukreplika.cz/en/

I will try to find the shop with uniforms also.
But its not that easy, if you are not from central Europe.One of our members is working in Hungary now, where he has contact on the guy, who is making replicas of uniform and other stuff.So, its not that hard to get it into Czech, Slovakia or Austria, but its much more harder to get it into USA.

From the original equip you can usually found only helmet, water bottle, tin gas mask case, and if you are lucky also the mess tin, but they are quite rare to find.

Excuse my bad english :D

Captain Cogle

Post by Captain Cogle » 19 Jan 2013, 14:03

Awesome!!! Than you so much IamYourFear! I sent you a message too.

I currently have the uniform from a guy in Hungary, the boots, helmet, rifle with sling, ammo pouches and waist belt. I am after all the other equipment now.

Return to “Reenactment”