Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Reproductions of "smaller countries" uniforms/equipment

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Hosted by Drew Maynard.

Reproductions of "smaller countries" uniforms/equipment

Postby IamYourFear on 03 Feb 2013 17:49

Hey guys !

Maybe a stupid question, I admit, but it would be very helpful, if you reply.At first I am sory if this is wrong thread, but seemed to be as equal for my question.

Me and few friends of my want to make a reproduction of uniforms (and earn money by this way to buy some new shoes). We definitely dont want to make reproductions of uniforms such as German, American or British ones during ww2, but we would more likely be focused on "smaller" states, such as Italy, France, Poland, Romania etc. , which got involved in both world war wars.Concisely said : From my own experience I know that a nice reproduction of a lot of uniforms or equipment is still hard to get, and it must be often replaced by non-100% correct "substitute" .

So we would be very glad, if you with any part of uniform/equipment which is for 1. hard to get, or which for example isnt even being made.

Thank you very much for replies !
Last edited by IamYourFear on 03 Feb 2013 18:21, edited 2 times in total.
IamYourFear
Czech Republic

Re: Reproductions of "smaller countries" uniforms/equipment

Postby Freak1 on 03 Feb 2013 18:04

Italian wool uniforms
Freak1
Slovenia

Postby IamYourFear on 04 Feb 2013 17:10

Thank you for reply ! Any other idead are welcome !
IamYourFear
Czech Republic

Postby jtemple507 on 23 Feb 2013 13:22

Armia Militaria is one of the only sellers of Polish uniforms, helmets, and gear in the world. Go to (copy/paste it in your URL thingy) www.armiam.com
Shooting 'em down in flames!
jtemple507
United States

Postby jtemple507 on 23 Feb 2013 13:25

Please disregard my first post, I reread your question and found I didn't look at it correctly the first time. You should make some French uniforms! Hardly anyone plays a French WW2 unit and I wanna see one!
Shooting 'em down in flames!
jtemple507
United States

Postby IamYourFear on 25 Feb 2013 18:05

jtemple507 wrote:Please disregard my first post, I reread your question and found I didn't look at it correctly the first time. You should make some French uniforms! Hardly anyone plays a French WW2 unit and I wanna see one!

Hey ! Thank you vm for your message ! Any idea is really helpful ! :)
IamYourFear
Czech Republic

Postby Mangrove on 25 Feb 2013 19:32

IamYourFear wrote:So we would be very glad, if you with any part of uniform/equipment which is for 1. hard to get, or which for example isnt even being made.

I have not seen a single manufacturer for proper Finnish cold-weather clothing, e.g.:
- Felt shoes
- Shearling hat
- Shearling vest
- Wool and fur mittens
Mangrove
Finland

Postby JTV on 26 Feb 2013 06:20

At the moment there seems to be only one manufacturer of Finnish uniform reproductions and that manufacturer is in China, so presumably there might be a market for Finnish uniform items in general, if you are based to EU and can been pricing at competative level.

One Finnish item for which I know there would certainly be interest and no manufacturer is M/1927 field tunic. Some of my friends have tried gathering the needed materials for personally getting one tailor-made for them, have not been able to locate correct brown coarse cloth fabric locally. Original patterns needed for making this tunic are available.

Photos of this tunic can be found on this page:
http://www.mosinnagant.net/finland/Finn ... evised.asp

Jarkko
JTV
Finland

Postby IamYourFear on 08 Apr 2013 19:59

Thank you vm guys ! =) I am really grateful for any new ideas !
IamYourFear
Czech Republic

Return to Reenactment