Reproduction SdKfz 250/B GoFundMe

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Van der Waal

Reproduction SdKfz 250/B GoFundMe

Post by Van der Waal » 18 Aug 2015, 10:29

Hi everyone,

It's been a hot minute since I've last posted here, and I can readily understand how my sudden reappearance--especially considering the topic I am submitting--may seem contrived. I assure you, I've been lurking for the past few years, and I have followed along with your discussions (especially the photo thread which we all seem to enjoy so much!).

In the last decade we've seen the emergence of better and better reenacting vehicles: be they modified Cold War vehicles or complete ground up constructions (PanzerFabrik in the US and the WETA workshop in New Zealand come to mind, for starters). This outpouring of creativity should serve as an excellent reminder of how great of a time it is to be a reenactor and WWII enthusiast.

With that in mind, I offer up the following for discussion: a friend has posted a Go Fund Me for his ambitious SdKfz 250/B Project. What do you guys think? Is the vehicle choice the right fit for the reenacting community?

Full disclosure: I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with this project, and am only posting about it because I am excited that it is moving forward. I was previously in the unit that the builder is affiliated with (2. Panzer Division (HRS)) but I have been inactive for the last two years and have not spoken with him since 2013.

All the best,
VdW

Return to “Reenactment”