Turkish reenactment group-Australia-Advice, Ideas?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Sisman61

Turkish reenactment group-Australia-Advice, Ideas?

Post by Sisman61 » 26 Sep 2015, 19:10

Hi everyone,
I have this long term goal to establish a Turkish WW1 reenactment group. The idea came to mind after I saw the Great War Association doing a reenactment at the 2015 Avalon Airshow. They had members reenacting Turkish soldiers which i thought wasn't done much in Australia. being born in Australia and having a Turkish background the whole Gallipoli campaign is very interesting to me. This is due to the mutual respect and the friendship that formed after the war. I wish to start a group to reenact the 57th regiment who all perished at Gallipoli. i think it would be a great way to further the friendship and help better understand the two cultures and perspectives. maybe can even work together with other reenactment groups in events etc.
problem is i wouldn't have a clue about how to start one up. getting members won't be an issue as I have many nationalistic Turkish friends that may be interested in reenacting . Of course i would welcome anyone to join. I'm more worried about uniforms, weapons, financing etc. It is a long term goal so any advice or interest would be appreciated. It has been 100 years since the war and i hope that Australian Turkish friendships prosper. Thanks all for any advice.

Return to “Reenactment”