Lost Battalions Update

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
allen.walton8

Lost Battalions Update

Post by allen.walton8 » 06 Apr 2011, 03:37

Hi,

My name is Allen Walton. Ed Walton is my dad and is also the owner of Lost Battalions.

About a year ago, Lost Battalions started falling apart and people weren't getting their orders. I eventually became aware of this about 4 months ago in December, and since then have been sending out overdue orders and resolving any other issues with customers. I've also been updating the website with information over the past few months.

Back in December, I joined a usergroup of reenactors and was able to fill a ton of overdue orders. I remember being linked to this forum, and seeing that my dad had stiffed some people on here. I'm not sure how many there are, and can't find the users who said they were missing stuff.

This post is a way to get in touch with customers who have uncompleted orders with LB. Now that 90% of unfilled orders have been completed, I am selling off all remaining stock through new orders. I don't know if I will continue Lost Battalions, but I have spoken with several potential buyers.

I want to make sure I get old orders out to people who have already paid for them. Please send an email to the address at the top of the Lost Battalions homepage with all pertinent info regarding your order. Be as detailed as humanly possible in what you ordered, when you paid, how you paid, and etc. I've only been at this a few months and still have no idea what half this stuff is. Also, don't be a jerk and act like you placed an order when you actually didn't. I'm not going to fall for it.

If I don't get back to you for a couple days, please for give me. I have a full-time job and school and LB is a part time thing I don't have much room for.

The website and my email address are located at: http://www.lostbattalions.com

If you don't see a grey webpage, you need to empty your cache so you can see the updates I have made. I also have a partial inventory of some stuff we have if anyone is interested (sorry if this is a shameless plug, but I have a sister and brother going to college this fall). If you know anyone that is owed items, please send them this post.

Regards,

Allen Walton

Berthier92

Re: Lost Battalions Update

Post by Berthier92 » 17 Sep 2011, 13:17

Hi Allen, I recieved my Fliegerbluse, and i just want to say thank you, it has to be the best bluse i have ever bought.

Cheers from NZ.

P.S. I'm hearing rumours that LB has gone bust, sad to hear if this is true,
jhgf.jpg
P.S.S yes i know my gear isn't accurate atm. i'm only just starting to build up my kit, and as for this photo i just chucked on a few things i had nearby, most of my gear is in Auckland (4 hours away)
3rd Recon battalion ,DAK , First in Tripoli, First at front

landser32

Post by landser32 » 04 Oct 2011, 02:29

Komeraden,
I received this email via a WH email group I am a member of. If this is true, it seems that Lost Battalions will really be rising from the ashes as the author claims it to be. Here's the body taken from the actual email:

Three years ago it was announced that Lost Battalions was going to be sold. I am very pleased to announce that I am the new owner. Next week I will be leaving for Texas to meet with Ed and pick up the remaining inventory and production equipment. We have an outstanding tailor who will be taking some notes from Ed's tailor during the trip. We expect to maintain the same excellent attention to detail that has been the hallmark of the Lost Battalions name. We will be using the same materials, suppliers and machines that were used by Lost Battalions. The new operation will be located in Folsom, California.

Prior claims for products that were paid for but not received will be reviewed with Ed and Allen Walton. If you have a claim please let me know and I will address it during my visit. Include your proof of payment and order details in your e-mail. I will review all claims I receive prior to October 30, 2011. Any claims made after October 30, 2011 will be between you and Ed Walton.

It will take a little while to get organized so please be patient during start-up. I am looking forward to supporting my fellow reenactors, and once again offering a US made product with the level of authenticity these products are famous for. For those of you on the West Coast I will be at the October Camp Roberts Battle with Lost Battalions uniforms. I cannot bring everything but will bring requests if you send me an e-mail prior to October 20.

Lets wish him luck..

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 04 Oct 2011, 05:25

HURRAY!!!
3rd Recon battalion ,DAK , First in Tripoli, First at front

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 05 Oct 2011, 00:45

:D HORRIDO!!!!!!!! :D

Kingo

Post by Kingo » 06 Oct 2011, 21:24

Any chance of the email address for new owner, a mate of mine in Tarrytown NY has been waiting since June for an order to be filled.

Kingo

Post by Kingo » 07 Oct 2011, 19:29

Well what do you know? The new owner has already contacted my mate and is posting the items on. Good result already!

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 07 Oct 2011, 20:34

LB never dies :milwink:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 10 Oct 2011, 07:41

I'd like to have this guys email also. I am owed a Flieger Blus that I never got.
Sarge
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

allen.walton8

Post by allen.walton8 » 09 Jan 2017, 09:46

Hi everyone,

Sorry for bumping a dead thread, but I've got another update.

Recap: LB went under and a lot of customers got burned. I tried fixing it the best I could and it sure sounded like everyone got taken care of. LB was then sold and I believe is still making stuff, but I'm not part of your world and not entirely sure.

I'm coming back to this forum because I'm not sure where else to go.

My parents had a large storage unit full of Lost Battalions inventory, original patterns, and genuine items from WW2. I've enlisted the help of Ray, my dad's longtime partner, to make an inventory list so that we can sell these items and give the money to my mother.

I'd love any ideas on where I can go (Facebook groups, websites, and etc) to find people interested in these items. THERE ARE A LOT OF ITEMS. We're probably talking six figures worth of inventory. Would be grateful for any help.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 09 Jan 2017, 12:28

Maybe my Flieger Blus is in that pile? I never did hear anything from them since my post above - 5+ yrs ago.

I would like to have a list of what you have when you get it all sorted out. Probably be several guys here in Colorado that would be interested.
Sarge

allen.walton8

Post by allen.walton8 » 09 Jan 2017, 22:14

Sarge wrote:Maybe my Flieger Blus is in that pile? I never did hear anything from them since my post above - 5+ yrs ago.

Sarge, did you ever email us back then? I'm confident that we took care of anyone that reached us through that channel when we made the initial outreach to past customers. I still have all our emails from back then, so let me know.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 11 Jan 2017, 10:49

I think I also may still have all of my emails on the subjekt, but I'll have to check to be sure.
Sarge

landser32

Post by landser32 » 12 Jan 2017, 16:26

Allen,
Welcome back, despite the circumstances.. A quick question, how is your dad?

I was a loyal customer of his and Ray's for many many years until the very end.. And even today with all the advances in patterns and fabrics, still use your dads uniforms when participating in the hobby..

allen.walton8

Post by allen.walton8 » 02 Feb 2017, 23:37

landser32 wrote:Allen,
Welcome back, despite the circumstances.. A quick question, how is your dad?

I was a loyal customer of his and Ray's for many many years until the very end.. And even today with all the advances in patterns and fabrics, still use your dads uniforms when participating in the hobby..
Thanks for asking! Been busy and haven't gotten around to answering this.

Dad is good - he got super into fitness after his cancer and is now a personal trainer. His clients seem to be pretty loyal - I met one of them after my own workout this afternoon and apparently he's been training with dad for over 6 years now.

I'm still hoping to get rid of a lot of this inventory - Dad will have a total inventory count up by next week. He was just setting up shelving and I'm assembling a photo studio so we can collect all the data on everything we have and send it out in an email blast, or on Facebook.

Return to “Reenactment”