Problems with LB?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
JurgenHaack

Problems with LB?

Post by JurgenHaack » 15 Feb 2010, 18:21

This is not meant to be an attack on LB or to start any kind of untrue rumors.

I am just wanting to know if anyone else has had problems getting their orders in the last couple of months. I placed an order the first of January and have received two items to date. In regards to the rest of the order all I have received is unaswered emails and the run around on the phone.

elconfederado

Re: Problems with LB?

Post by elconfederado » 27 Feb 2010, 16:58

I have always been impressed with Lost Battalions product quality and customer service but I too have had a problem with them lately. I ordered a cap back in December which I returned to them at the end of Dec. for a refund or alteration. The cap was not up to their normal standard and had a couple of issues. Anyway, I sent it back with the letter which they request and heard nothing back from them. I emailed as recently as last week and have received no response. I'm not sure what is going on with them but it is not normal. I'll post if I ever hear back from them regarding the cap. Good luck with your order!

JurgenHaack

Post by JurgenHaack » 28 Feb 2010, 01:55

I have emailed and called several times as of late and no response. I have filed a compliant with the BBB and my card company. I hated to do that but I feel as I have ran out of options.

JurgenHaack

Post by JurgenHaack » 28 Feb 2010, 02:14

My order was placed on January 5, 2010 with Ray via the telephone. They were having a sale going at the time that I wanted to take advantage of. I ordered an M40 feld bluse and M40 trousers. The bluse was to be fitted and returned for alterations. I received the order within a week and a half as always. I tried the bluse on and sent pictures via email as instructed by Ray the day I received it. Ed replied that night and said it was too big and the sleeves needed to be lengthed and to return it. I was also sent a pair a M42 hosen instead of M40's. Ed instructed to return them as well. I boxed everything up the next day and returned it via USPS priority two day.

After about a week and half with no response I called Ed and asked if he got the returns yet. This would be the middle of January. Ed stated it may be at the Post Office I will go check and call you back. I heard nothing. This went on for several days. Finally I told Ed I felt like I was getting the run around and he stated that he had been busy filling orders for FIG. No problem there everybody gets busy, but if you tell someone your going to call them back call them back.

I recevied an email from Ed on January 26 saying my bluse would ship within two days. He never made mention of the trousers. Here it is Feb. 27 and I have not seen my ordered. I have emailed several times and called several times with no luck. I have got A LOT of snow where I live and UPS ran everyday except for two or three. So I don't think mother nature is holding things up.

I have dealt with Ray several times with no problems or compliants. I hate it came to this.

Sorry for airing dirty laundry but I thought others should now.

elconfederado

Post by elconfederado » 01 Mar 2010, 04:55

Just sent another email tonight. I'll let you know if I get a response and what they say as well. I wish you luck too! Sorry to hear that you had to go to the BBB but I will as well if I have not heard from them by this Friday.

elconfederado

Post by elconfederado » 11 Mar 2010, 02:07

Well, as I stated above I sent LB another email asking about the cap I sent back to them. I followed it up with another email last Wednesday asking them to return to me what I had already purchased and I offered to pay for shipping as well. I have never sent an impolite email or been impolite in my communication with them. They have not responded. Gentleman, draw your own conclusions, but I will no longer be able to order from Lost Battalions. I'm very disappointed as I have ordered from them for several years and without problem. I was always pleased with the quality of their uniforms and caps. If my cap turns up in the mail or if they contact me I'll let you know. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB as well.

landser32

Post by landser32 » 11 Mar 2010, 06:58

Komeraden,
The word is that Lost Battalions is in the process of moving yet again to another location, be patient.. I cannot see the folks over at LB pulling a fast one on any reenactor and thus ruining a stellar reputation especially after so many years of dedicated service to a very loyal cliental.

elconfederado

Post by elconfederado » 11 Mar 2010, 16:58

I didn't know they were moving. I'll give them some more time. I certainly don't wish to cause them any problems and bear them no ill will. However, an email or a posting on their site would certainly go a long way to taking care of this problem.

JurgenHaack

Post by JurgenHaack » 12 Mar 2010, 03:11

I agree with Elconfederado if this in fact the case then perhaps Ed should have posted something on his site stating this. I think it is pretty lousy that he will not return people's phone calls or emails. This could have went a long way with folks me included.

Byelogvardetza

Post by Byelogvardetza » 17 Mar 2010, 08:44

I ordered a cap from them a month ago. It was only after a dozen attempts to get them on the phone, and hearing "messagebox is full", leaving unrequited emails, etc. Finally I got somebody & ordered the cap. So far it hasnt been charged, let alone sent. Any attempt to call & ask about it gets the old "messagebox is full" answering machine message.
(draw own conclusions here _________________)

elconfederado

Post by elconfederado » 24 Apr 2010, 00:57

Well gentlemen, I have no ax to grind with Lost Battalions except that they have continued to ignore my communications with them. I sent them an email last Friday explaining that I understood their current plight and here I am a week later with still no response. A simple response would be nice. They can either refund my money or return my cap. They choose to do neither. I hope the rest of you have had better luck. I for one will have no further dealings with them. It is too bad as they were a first rate company.

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 29 Apr 2010, 18:49

I'm happy to report that Ed is just about caught up on orders after moving the entire facility to a different location and losing Ray to a very smart & honorable career change. Please continue to be patient, because the transition period is just about complete as of this date, and bear in mind that LB is a 2-person cottage industry operation that emphasises on quality reproductions, NOT a fully staffed garment factory that produces potato sack like costumes.

aeros66

Post by aeros66 » 01 May 2010, 18:48

I understand that they are moving/ small business, etc.
But MORE the reason since they are NOT a "fully staffed garment factory", that they probably need to emphasize THEIR quality and customer service more than the "big" companies involved in this hobby...I mean, really, I can understand what a pain it is to listen to hours of voice messages but emails? You can just have a standard "Please be patient, I'm trying hard to take care of things, I've not forgotten you"- type of email to send to worried customers rather than have posts like Elconfederados posted in public forums. That to me, is very damaging to a companies' reputation offsetting the "quality reproductions" that they offer..Potato sacks notwithstanding, this is a SMALL part of the garment industry, period.
I wish him the best of luck in extricating himself from this dilemma.

Sepp

Post by Sepp » 03 May 2010, 02:43

I use to be a big fan of LB, not any more. Here is my experience with LB. I placed a "custom" order with Ed to have a pair of his 39 pattern marschsiefel made, based on a prior pair I had foolishly sold. My Calves are 18.5 inches in circumference and based on my prior order, which Ed said he still had on file, I needed a size 11. I paid just prior to Ed making the announcement that he was closing up shop but my order had made it in on time. Approximately 6 months later my boots arrive and Ed tells me to disregard the size 10.5 that are written inside the boot. He swore they measured out as a size 11. I tried them on and the calf is standard size!! A call to Ray at LB was made and he said "Sorry, send them back and he'll fix the problem or refund my money". When I said I needed the correct boots for FIG in 3 weeks, I'm told, "Sorry but that is not going to happen". I take these boots to my cobbler and he opens up the rear seam and inserts a piece of triangular leather to open the boots up to accept my legs. He did a fantastic job and I paid quite a bit to have them fixed, since I really needed them for the event.

I wore them for a limited time at that event and they killed my toes! While at the event I compared them to another pair of 10.5 LB boots and they were exact. So, These are a true LB size 10.5. I got lied to and sent a pair of stock boots that were never supposed to be mine!!

I recently sold them and took a huge loss on them. I paid handsomely for them to be made to specifications that Ed had on file and he botched the order. Not only did I pay a lot for them but I waited nearly 7 months for them as well.

Last year I placed an order for a Heer Officer side cap and I dealt with ray. I had no problems at all. My boot order went through Ed and look what happened! I hear Ray no longer works at LB so I won;t be placing any orders there anytime soon!

Sepp

aeros66

Post by aeros66 » 04 May 2010, 03:56

Sepp- Wow. What a bummer/ nightmare of a story! 8O

Return to “Reenactment”