Who can sew uniforms?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
EmilPL

Who can sew uniforms?

Post by EmilPL » 24 Feb 2010, 03:31

Hey there,
Im looking for someone to sew a me Polish uniform,I can provide the fabric and buttons.I have the plans but they are in Polish but I do have lots of uniforms of the uniform being in use and pictures of originals.How much yards of fabric would I need to sew a regular sized uniform?
Thanks

Regards
Emil

cruff

Re: Who can sew uniforms?

Post by cruff » 24 Feb 2010, 16:13

You might try replicators:

http://www.replicaters.com/

I think that they can do just about any uniform that you'd want.
Barring that or any like company attempting to make your Polish uniform, you might want to have a competent tailor do it. Even if the directions are in polish, the numbers used for measurment could be easily understood.
Just a couple of questions to better guide you:
Is the pattern a new made/ commercial pattern of a vintage uniform or is it an original WWII era pattern?
Is it a full scale pattern or one that needs to be scaled up to produce?

Sewing uniforms or garments of any type is kind of like connect the dots and anyone with an eye for detail and an understanding of how a garment goes together will be able to still make it despite the language barrier.

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 24 Feb 2010, 19:15

Emil- you might want to contact Rob at Gmaxtailoring.com, he does a lot of custom work. He's also in Canada, might help working things out easier.

Regards

d
Member of Kampfgruppe Haase, reenacting WW2 History for over 30 years: http://www.soldaten.ca

EmilPL

Post by EmilPL » 25 Feb 2010, 01:01

Hey guys :D
Thanks for your suggestions,I think shipping to India would cost me a ton,So ill try contacting the guys at GMAX.The patterns are originals which I found pictures of on the internet.I think its a full scale pattern.As for having a good tailor do it,There arnt any good ones in my area that I know of.
Thanks

Regards
Emil

mrlassociatesltd

Replicator boots

Post by mrlassociatesltd » 30 Mar 2015, 21:16

Any had experience with replicators or paddlators - both in India - with supply of RAF ww2 Pattern flying Boots , particularly 1941 ones ?

Return to “Reenactment”