Best Steel Reproduction late model German Helmet

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Broncobilly72

Best Steel Reproduction late model German Helmet

Post by Broncobilly72 » 10 Oct 2011, 06:54

Hello,
Just located this great forum, and was wondering who (vendors on the web) sells the best quality Steel reproduction late model (WWII) German helmet? From doing a Google search, I located various venders, with different pricing? Just wondered what the opinions of forum members are? I did a search here, and didn't locate anything? The real ma coy is out of my price range 8O

Berthier92

Re: Best Steel Reproduction late model German Helmet

Post by Berthier92 » 10 Oct 2011, 13:27

i have a repro helmet bought second hand from an ex reenactor, and inside the helmet there is an edelweiss stamped inside it. the guys say its one of the top quality helmets you can get (i got it for a steal :) ) i cant remember the company name but i think its a US company
3rd Recon battalion ,DAK , First in Tripoli, First at front

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 10 Oct 2011, 18:04

Why buy a repro German helmet when you can buy a restored original German M35, M40 and M42 helmets for a bit more than you will pay for a copy which btw never looks as good and is a total waist of money IMO( www.germanhelmetsinc.com ) :milwink:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Broncobilly72

Post by Broncobilly72 » 11 Oct 2011, 05:07

Berthier92 & Schwartz Edelweiss,
Thanks for the reply and info! I will look into both Edelweiss and germanhelmetsinc (which seems to have very reasonable prices).

Broncobilly72

Post by Broncobilly72 » 11 Oct 2011, 05:50

Anyone have any experience with this helmet or company?: http://www.atlantacutlery.com/p-1130-ge ... elmet.aspx These helmets are made in India by Windlass Steelcrafts.

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 11 Oct 2011, 10:18

Schwarz Edelweiss wrote:Why buy a repro German helmet when you can buy a restored original German M35, M40 and M42 helmets for a bit more than you will pay for a copy which btw never looks as good and is a total waist of money IMO( http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com ) :milwink:
If your seen with an original helmet in an event in NZ, be prepared to guard it from the other guys :lol: :lol: :lol: they would want to take it home and make sure its preserved :milsmile: dont use an original in reenactments, you dont want them to get damaged and dented

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 11 Oct 2011, 11:35

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , i see but the ones i recommended are just restored original WW2 German helmet shells , cost way less than original ones and just a bit more than repros but still you have the real deal on your head and you have to keep one eye opened at events in NZ, just in case somebody wants to snatch it , best thing to do is to glue it to your head :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 11 Oct 2011, 11:51

Schwarz Edelweiss wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , i see but the ones i recommended are just restored original WW2 German helmet shells , cost way less than original ones and just a bit more than repros but still you have the real deal on your head and you have to keep one eye opened at events in NZ, just in case somebody wants to snatch it , best thing to do is to glue it to your head :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: it would be a bit awkward going to work the next day in a suit and with an M40 or M42 still stuck on your head because you lost the solvent :lol: :lol: :P

I know a guy who used to wear an original ww2 soviet helmet (also restored) and he lost it during his "Death" scene :lol: :lol: pity was, it rolled right under the moving T-34s left track and as you can imagine, when the tank passed it resembled a flattened can of coke 8O 8O 8O

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 11 Oct 2011, 14:45

...it was like there goes my helmet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 11 Oct 2011, 17:34

Schwarz Edelweiss wrote:...it was like there goes my helmet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Broncobilly72

Post by Broncobilly72 » 15 Oct 2011, 05:01

Anyone here have a M42 or M1935 WWII German reproduction helmet from Windlass Steelcrafts (made in India)? I spoke with a WWII rein-actor, who claims they are a quality helmet for the money? Just wondering if anyone here has seen or purchased one?

LSSAH1944

Post by LSSAH1944 » 10 Nov 2011, 18:04

Honestly, I wouldn't trust anything from India-heard too many horror stories. Just get a refurbished- you're garunteed the quality at a great price!

dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 » 16 Nov 2011, 22:06

Hong Kong Kieths helmets used to have the edelweiss stamped inside. As for Indian made items don't knock them. Deepeka FJ lids are one of the best available once you change the liner and much of their metal work, be it WWII or other periods is pretty bloody good.

Return to “Reenactment”