Luftwaffe Blue Panzer Wrap querry

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
LNO75

Luftwaffe Blue Panzer Wrap querry

Post by LNO75 » 20 Dec 2011, 19:24

Hello everyone,

an episodical lurker since last year , I present this question as my first post :) :

Does someone know where i can get a good quality, custom-made, blue luftwaffe panzerwrap for around 300e, w:o any insignia, shoulder boards, breast eagle, etc...
I read, i think on this board that Janke ones were available in 2009 for 213e in Europe but i couldn't find a dealer on my own.

I'm also interested in a pair of black officers boots for around 100e.

Thanks in advance, for the answer, and for the forum as a whole.

Sapper44

Re: Luftwaffe Blue Panzer Wrap querry

Post by Sapper44 » 21 Dec 2011, 07:16

I have never seen a blue panzer wrap, only Field gray and black.

LNO75

Post by LNO75 » 22 Dec 2011, 03:20

Lost Battalions had a photo of one on their website. They were issued or at least approved for use within the HG division.

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 22 Dec 2011, 04:56

Just because Ed made one, doesn't mean it exists. :roll:

Black panzer wraps, for sure, but no blue panzer wraps. HG Dv wore black ones.
Member of Kampfgruppe Haase, reenacting WW2 History for over 30 years: http://www.soldaten.ca

LNO75

Post by LNO75 » 22 Dec 2011, 05:46

I'm pretty sure you're right... Shame as i loved the looks of it. Will G-MAX tailoring if they might do it.
What would be your recommandation for a black panzer wrap in the 200E range, shipping from europe?
I read Polish ones were quite good, but chere to find them?

LNO75

Post by LNO75 » 23 Dec 2011, 00:42

Thank you very much sir for the tip, although this jacket is too large for me.:)
I see from the Foto that the Janke version is grey rather than a true luftwaffe blue...

Newton30

Post by Newton30 » 23 Dec 2011, 04:18

Hi LNO75 :welcome:
It seems to be gray. :milwink:

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 24 Dec 2011, 08:51

As the owner of a Janke Feldblau StuG uniform (jacket and trousers), I can attest that it is made in the same Feldblau material as his fine Fliegerblusen. The Sturmartillerie units of the Division "Hermann Göring" wore them in 1944-45 (as they also did the feldgrau Heer version jacket with the SS pattern trousers).
Contact either Bill Bureau's Militaria in the USA, or Extraklasse in the UK to order a set; you will NOT be disappointed. :milwink:

aeros66

Post by aeros66 » 24 Dec 2011, 22:01

Well, that's interesting. I'll have to add one of these to my panzer jacke collection.

LNO75

Post by LNO75 » 26 Dec 2011, 03:46

Thanks for the enlightenment, and for the welcome.:)

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 21 Sep 2016, 05:47

The colour photo is more than likely a repro. The wedding photo would seem to indicate the use of a blue-grey wrap since it is being worn with a standard issue luftwaffe cap.
I have heard of original LW coloured wraps, and that they were used from 1944 onwards, making them relatively uncommon, and I believe most would have just been issued feldgrau with LW insignia.
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

screensize

Post by screensize » 02 May 2022, 20:47

Dieter wrote:
24 Dec 2011, 08:51
As the owner of a Janke Feldblau StuG uniform (jacket and trousers), I can attest that it is made in the same Feldblau material as his fine Fliegerblusen. The Sturmartillerie units of the Division "Hermann Göring" wore them in 1944-45 (as they also did the feldgrau Heer version jacket with the SS pattern trousers).
Contact either Bill Bureau's Militaria in the USA, or Extraklasse in the UK to order a set; you will NOT be disappointed. :milwink:
Hello Dieter,
this is a very old thread, but I would like to reanimate it by asking for the source of your statement:
as they also did the feldgrau Heer version jacket with the SS pattern trousers
Please can you tell me, where can I find information about the StuG units of HG and the kind of clothing they wore.
I am especially interested in facts and sources about the SS pattern pants you mentioned.

I hope you are still active on this forum and read my answer to this 11 year old thread :-)
Any info by other members of the forum is just as much appreciated, of course.

Best,
Christian

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 03 May 2022, 16:18

screensize wrote:
02 May 2022, 20:47
Dieter wrote:
24 Dec 2011, 08:51
Hello Dieter,
this is a very old thread, but I would like to reanimate it by asking for the source of your statement:
as they also did the feldgrau Heer version jacket with the SS pattern trousers
Please can you tell me, where can I find information about the StuG units of HG and the kind of clothing they wore.
I am especially interested in facts and sources about the SS pattern pants you mentioned.

I hope you are still active on this forum and read my answer to this 11 year old thread :-)
Any info by other members of the forum is just as much appreciated, of course.

Best,
Christian
No matter what color was specified there were variations of that color.
http://www.dererstezug.com/germanwoolfabric.htm

https://www.ss-steel-inc.com/product/ex ... -trousers/

Colors vary from computer to computer. Chances are you will not see the true color on a computer.
https://www.colormatters.com/computer-color-matters

screensize

Post by screensize » 10 May 2022, 12:27

Thanks for the link.
But my question was not about the color, I am interested to know where I can get info about the "SS pattern" StuG pants, the HG-StuG-crews were wearing.

Regards,
Chris

Return to “Reenactment”