Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

German Sniper mounts???

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Hosted by Drew Maynard.

German Sniper mounts???

Postby JACK-BOOT on 30 Jul 2012 18:39

Hello i recently purchased an antique WFW 6x42 german scope. Its in great condition and the optics are crystal clear, i would like to mount it to my k98 but the problem is what mount do i use??? I know germans used many mounts, such as claw, high turret, low turret, side mounts...ect. Which ones are the most historicaly accurate and most used during ww2 by the germans??? I figure id ask you guys rather then buy a $50 dollar book....honestly im gonna buy the book any way (german sniper 1914-1945) :milwink: . As for the mounts i would really like some help because the mounts are not cheap and id hate to get an historicaly inaccurate one. So your Tips, opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. :milsmile:
JACK-BOOT
United States

Return to Reenactment