Wear Reenactment Clothes For Everyday Use

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Field Marshal Mung Beans

Wear Reenactment Clothes For Everyday Use

Post by Field Marshal Mung Beans » 17 Jan 2013, 10:28

Just curious but do any of the reenactors here wear their reenactment clothes for purposes behind reenacting? Ie wearing a cap to keep warm or wearing jackboots for hiking. Sorry if I seem ignorant or asking a stupid question.

Halle

Re: Wear Reenactment Clothes For Everyday Use

Post by Halle » 17 Jan 2013, 22:36

M36 Mantel , Windjacke , 2 and 3 pocket Windbluse , M36 Pullover , Bergmutze ( occasionally ) , and not all at the same time :lol:
I wore my Bergschue in on long walks and climbs .

Trackhead M2

Post by Trackhead M2 » 17 Jan 2013, 23:03

Field Marshal Mung Beans wrote:Just curious but do any of the reenactors here wear their reenactment clothes for purposes behind reenacting? Ie wearing a cap to keep warm or wearing jackboots for hiking. Sorry if I seem ignorant or asking a stupid question.
Dear FMMB,
I wear my Tanker Jacket regularly and only wear web trouser belts with open face buckles. ( I wear suspenders/braces with suits)
Strike Swifty,
TH-M2

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 18 Jan 2013, 00:25

I occasionally wear a feldgrau service shirt with a Heer v-necked sweater and a Luftwaffe service shirt with feldblau sweater, and more often than not I'm wearing service socks and use an officer's belt on my pants.
I have also been known to wear my ankle boots and "stripped" Bergmutze on mountain hikes while my breadbag and canteen are slung across my back. :milsmile:

Freak1

Post by Freak1 » 18 Jan 2013, 11:14

I do, but i portray partisan so my ss jacket is without any insignia, looks like a normal jacket 8-)

Heer Slinky

Post by Heer Slinky » 19 Jan 2013, 01:15

I've worn my Jackboots around the yard, and my M36 trousers if I'm going out real quick.

Dare Furor

Post by Dare Furor » 29 Jan 2013, 15:38

If you want to be able to write-off your uniforms for tax purposes, they must be "not intended for everyday wear"....which they are not. :wink:

Dare Furor
<uuuUkuuu>

c_hoff82

Post by c_hoff82 » 07 Sep 2013, 21:32

I sometimes use my white drillich tunic when I`m working in the woods.
And I also use a M43 field cap when I`m fishing, walking in the mountain and in the woods.

cnicoll123

Post by cnicoll123 » 10 Sep 2013, 20:13

Generally i'd wear my M40 trousers about the house, to break into them.

I remember wearing my M40 Stahlhelm for a full weekend' just to break into it.

Sometimes i'd wear my Grey Undershirt if it's a nice day (sometimes with LAH shoulder boards)

Other than that, it's kind of rare for my to wear my gear as it's generally on 'display' just now.

Plan to get a pair of low-boots this winter so i'm prepared for the snow and ice... if any falls this year.
Connor Nicoll

Grenadier C.Nikel
1st SS Panzer Division "LSSAH" 3.Kp

MAPMFF

Post by MAPMFF » 12 Sep 2013, 17:35

I know a few guys in my group wear some stuff here and there, pretty sure one guy occasionally wears a stripped tunic for bouncing duties. I'll wear an M43 feldmutze mowing the lawn occasionally and I'm planning on picking up a parka for shoveling duties this winter, just not sure which I want either a mouse gray or dot 44 reversible....hmm

Wehrmacht39

Post by Wehrmacht39 » 15 Sep 2013, 19:57

I wear my Heer M43 Feldmütze w trapezoid insignia almost everywhere I go. I've had people even a few vet's approach me because they recognized it, always positive comments though. Only one negative comment, the guy was Jewish and he said "you shouldn't be wearing that Hitler hat!". I also wear my Dot 44 tunic quite often, even for hunting.

BAZ

Post by BAZ » 21 Sep 2013, 15:55

Always wear my here grey/white winter parka in the winter. NYC gets chilly!! I usually wear my panzer or Fallschirmjager wool trousers in winter to work. Not many tattoo artists wearing WWII "uniform" to the studio!

edelweiss

Post by edelweiss » 01 Oct 2013, 16:04

i always wear my fieldcap with 116th panzerdivision emblem and dot 44 jacket an jackboots. Sometimes i also wear the dot 44 pants

landser32

Post by landser32 » 06 Oct 2013, 19:34

Komeraden,
I wear my "V" neck sweater daily during the winter months, and occasionally also one of my mantels if the weather gets cold and crappy enough. Personally those moments are far and few in between, since I feel wearing the mantel outside of reenacting to be impractical..

Plus I try to conceal the fact that I reenact as a member of the "dark side" so I try not to advertise this to the sheeple..

UnteroffizierLuke

Post by UnteroffizierLuke » 20 Oct 2013, 23:51

All the time lol no just sometimes but a lot m43 cap for sure sumpftarn smock, bone sack, winter pants. When I'm with my one friend he makes bike jumps I come along and help just to make my stuff look good. Dot 44 tarnjacke to work, it's very black now lol, I have a junk m42 feldbluse I wear for doin stuff. I use the zeltbahn whenever it rains. Hey if I'm gonna spend all this money I my as well use the stuff :D
Grenadier D. Geff Buttner
Luke G Barto
[email protected]

Searching for any info on a German soldier named D. Geff Buttner, rank unknown, France, name was found painted inside a german helmet that was a vet bring back.

Return to “Reenactment”