Zeltbahn pouch

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
edelweiss

Zeltbahn pouch

Post by edelweiss » 18 May 2015, 20:55

The WH had the pouch in Splittertarn, so in what camouflage had the SS their pouch or they had the plain ones?

edelweiss

Re: Zeltbahn pouch

Post by edelweiss » 12 Jun 2015, 23:11

Or just wrap the zelt around the poles and stuff?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 16 Jun 2015, 09:57

Tent Pole pouches an any Camo. were not the norm, though they were made in limited numbers ... most of the so called "Camo" pouches are postwar creations. I've never seen or recall "SS" Camo. versions... except for the "Swiss" versions that were often sold as "SS Dot Camo."... so I can't really help with your question.

By 1944/45 I doubt "tent pole pouches" were top on the priority list.... they did what was convient/easy "on the move"...
John G.
Mainemilitaria

edelweiss

Post by edelweiss » 16 Jun 2015, 19:39

John G. wrote:Tent Pole pouches an any Camo. were not the norm, though they were made in limited numbers ... most of the so called "Camo" pouches are postwar creations. I've never seen or recall "SS" Camo. versions... except for the "Swiss" versions that were often sold as "SS Dot Camo."... so I can't really help with your question.

By 1944/45 I doubt "tent pole pouches" were top on the priority list.... they did what was convient/easy "on the move"...
John G.
Mainemilitaria

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 19 Jun 2015, 15:56

I don't believe that any pouches were an issued item in ww2. They're not in the Zeltbahn manual, nor in the Soldbuch is there a space to list them.
Member of Kampfgruppe Haase, reenacting WW2 History for over 30 years: http://www.soldaten.ca

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 21 Jun 2015, 12:33

Many 3rd Reich political forces still used them (NSDAP,SA, NSKK, A-SS, RAD,etc.), but you're right (of course) the older style tent peg pouches are more WW 1 and Reichswehr/prewar... when speaking about Wehrmacht & W-SS

Kinda miss-spoke... happens sometimes!
Thanks for setting thing right.
John G.

Return to “Reenactment”