Pre war SS tunic reproductions

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Pre War VT fan

Pre war SS tunic reproductions

Post by Pre War VT fan » 20 Mar 2016, 02:56

Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I haven't been doing much reenacting the last few years, but I have worked on several uniform projects for myself and other people who are interested in German uniforms worn up until the Russian campaign. I just thought I would throw these pics up for some comments & anyone else that enjoys this sort of thing. My sewing is a lot better now than what it used to be. For this tunic I used a Janke M36 army tunic with a wider m38 type ss collar, & figured I would make it a very early SSVT regiment NCO. I have seen in one or 2 pictures where guys left the em piping on the collar, so I thought it would be kind of neat to have both on there. with the big rounded shoulder boards.
Attachments
small collar.jpg
smaller tunic.jpg

Josias

Re: Pre war SS tunic reproductions

Post by Josias » 22 Apr 2016, 18:01

Too bad there are no people to enjoy that sort of things these days here(at least I guess hm.. collector rather than re-enactor myself)
You sew it nicely, Very hard to find pre war SS-VT repros seems you through it and I guess you would say you bought those from historical militaria.
please beware that shop has poor belts buckles and medal repros if you are planning to it, don't buy them. But I assume you already know this fact the shop picture tells it's bad apple.
Also the WW1 Iron cross ribbon is kinda inaccurate they are not suppose to do with SS-VT NCO as far as I know.
Well I used to love inter war stuffs like yours but those aren't fits for re-enactor because there are nothing to re-enact with that,so called pointless I would say, but I used to collect those since I just love them although it was pointless it's because we chase joyness of our own and that's the point.
and now I quit it long time ago.

So here the advice, if you are wealthy enough to try Janke why don't you try originals? and if your keep going with repros try panzergrenadier forum.
Hope you enjoy your hobby well.

With regards :welcome:
Sometimes a guy needs something to rely on.

Return to “Reenactment”