Interested in WWI Reenacting

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
HistPolity

Interested in WWI Reenacting

Post by HistPolity » 15 Jul 2016, 05:03

Recently I've been interested in World War I reenacting.

I was wondering how difficult is it to get into reenacting for this particular era? As it seems less common then say Civil War or Second World War reenacting.

Also just curious how hard is it to get an officer position in a WWI reenacting unit. I was interested in say British, French, or German junior officer role.

I was also intrerested in coming to watch a reenactment one weekend. I live in the mid-Atlantic region and tried asking one group if I could come and got quite a hostile response. So I was wondering if anyone would be more open towards allowing outsiders interested in the hobby to come watch?

Thank you very much for your responses,
HistPolity

Sheldrake

Re: Interested in WWI Reenacting

Post by Sheldrake » 15 Jul 2016, 10:26

HistPolity wrote:Recently I've been interested in World War I reenacting.

I was wondering how difficult is it to get into reenacting for this particular era? As it seems less common then say Civil War or Second World War reenacting.

Also just curious how hard is it to get an officer position in a WWI reenacting unit. I was interested in say British, French, or German junior officer role.

I was also intrerested in coming to watch a reenactment one weekend. I live in the mid-Atlantic region and tried asking one group if I could come and got quite a hostile response. So I was wondering if anyone would be more open towards allowing outsiders interested in the hobby to come watch?

HistPolity
Did you shared your interest in being an officer with the group of re-enactors you wanted to watch? If you want to be an officer why not form your own unit.

I note you didnlt mention being AEF. Is there no interest in re-eacting doughboys?

HistPolity

Post by HistPolity » 15 Jul 2016, 23:15

Sheldrake wrote:
HistPolity wrote:Recently I've been interested in World War I reenacting.

HistPolity
Did you shared your interest in being an officer with the group of re-enactors you wanted to watch? If you want to be an officer why not form your own unit.

I note you didnlt mention being AEF. Is there no interest in re-eacting doughboys?
Not at the time, as I didn't know what direction I wanted to go in with reenacting(and I'm still trying to figure it out)

I forgot to mention the AEF-I would be interested in an AEF unit as well.

MLW

Post by MLW » 16 Jul 2016, 03:11

I suggest contacting the Great War Association. They are a center point of WWI reenacting in the Mid-Atlantic region. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatwarasociation/

Regards,
Marc

Return to “Reenactment”