Show us your reenactment photos!

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
norbert biber

Re: Show us your reenactment photos!

Post by norbert biber » 04 Mar 2008, 20:01

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:Actually, my country was liberated by the Canadians and the US troops got their arses handed to them here. But that has nothing to do with my point, which is that you should consider the sensitivity of what you are doing to have fun.

If you had the choice between potraying a:

Regular non-stereotypical nazi looking Heer officer

Regular non-stereotypical nazi looking SS officer

Fanatical waffen - SS haircut extremely nazi looking officer (Officer or NCO, doesn't matter, that's a detail)

I would always choose the first, and leave the 2nd option to others, but I would find it acceptable. The third option is also acceptable, because you can't tell people what to do and what not to do (within legal boundaries of course) but you CAN think about what people will think of you. And that's the difficult part about WW2 german reenacment, it's all about politics and people's opinions...

Simple solution, shave the moustache and lose the walking stick and you'll look a LOT less offensive!

From a reenactment point of vieuw though, thumbs up. You guys look great!

Regards,

Imme
Thanks for your reply Imme.....again...I do it all because I enjoy it and have done lots of other impressions and though I do not try to offend anyone I dont go out of my way not to either. I do it for myself and my Kameraden and to honor the men that fought ,died, were lied to and used in WWII and it has nothing to do with Hitler to me.
The Wolchow stock is way to cool to "lose" and many thousands of them were made and used in the war especially on the Ostfront.I think a few more guys need to carry them myself instead of losing them. I collect them,amongst other things and find them to be one of the cooler personal items from the war. The mustache...I wont shave because it is fake ! Ha Ha...anyways lets all lighten up and know none of this was meant to upset anyone and was all done in good fun. If we ever start to line civilians up against the wall for photos then that would be way too much and something we would never do, but this is supposed to represent a bunch of SS guys going "out on the town" prowling for the female variety of opponents. Danke,Norbert

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 04 Mar 2008, 20:38

Panzer Meyer44 wrote:Christ almighty let it go!! So now your having a go at hair cuts?? I have short back and sides with hair swept back, and re-enact W-SS so that makes me fanatical does it?

Norbert- I've seen pics of yourself around before and must say its one of the most accurate and realistic impressions i've seen. What unit do you do as i'm sure i've seen you badged to Frundsberg before?
Vielen Dank Kamerad ! I and the others in the pic are in Deutschland Rgt out of the Pacific North West . When we come back east for the Gap we fall in with Sepp Hahne and the LAH Pioneer .
We appreciate everyones comments ,even if they did not agree with it all. We can still all civilly agree to disagree on some subjects...Norbert

PS..Im sure some of you know, but to show how different things/people can look the "Hitler " guy (me) is also the same guy pinning the EKII on the Grenadier in the other pic I posted....do I look too Nazi there or like a front line Alte Hasse?

nihil

Post by nihil » 04 Mar 2008, 21:54

Sheikh Al Stranghi> Try open a book about a thing called 'The second world war', I think it will do you good.
And please spare us that 'my country were occupied' nonsense. My country were occupied also, my family fought in the german side, on the allied side, and as resistance fighters. And I reenact Waffen SS.
If you have issues, then here is clearly not the place to 'get help'...

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi » 05 Mar 2008, 00:43

nihil wrote:Sheikh Al Stranghi> Try open a book about a thing called 'The second world war', I think it will do you good.
And please spare us that 'my country were occupied' nonsense. My country were occupied also, my family fought in the german side, on the allied side, and as resistance fighters. And I reenact Waffen SS.
Clearly, you have been living under a rock for the past 60 years and your situational awareness is below zero.

Nothing to add.

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 05 Mar 2008, 00:54

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
nihil wrote:Sheikh Al Stranghi> Try open a book about a thing called 'The second world war', I think it will do you good.
Clearly, you have been living under a rock for the past 60 years and your situational awareness is below zero.

Nothing to add.

Hey Guys,,,It was just a couple of pics I thought people might like to see ,just because they were a little different.I never meant for any negativity to come out of it. Norbert

txlssah

Post by txlssah » 05 Mar 2008, 04:10

Hey Guys,,,It was just a couple of pics I thought people might like to see ,just because they were a little different.I never meant for any negativity to come out of it. Norbert
Hey Norbert, they were great pics thanks for sharing!

Dewel Ralls
1.LSSAH

Gesetz

Post by Gesetz » 05 Mar 2008, 04:16

They were great pics but someone always has to rain on the parades. Take it to PMs if you must bicker on. Please...

Brendan Hunt

Post by Brendan Hunt » 05 Mar 2008, 04:20

Any more photos from GAP 08?
Brendan

WolfgangKessler

Post by WolfgangKessler » 05 Mar 2008, 15:55

Gesetz wrote:They were great pics but someone always has to rain on the parades. Take it to PMs if you must bicker on. Please...
Well said.

Amazing pics, Norbert. I'd like to know more about the Wolchow stick.

craigob

Post by craigob » 05 Mar 2008, 17:35

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 06 Mar 2008, 02:38

WolfgangKessler wrote:
Gesetz wrote:They were great pics but someone always has to rain on the parades. Take it to PMs if you must bicker on. Please...
Well said.

Amazing pics, Norbert. I'd like to know more about the Wolchow stick.
Vielen Dank....heres some pics of original Wolchowstock in my collection. The two on the far left in the photo are reproductions.
These were often made by Russki prisoners and were popular with all ranks ,so they wernt necessarily an officer or NCO thing. They usually have the areas where the owner served and usually the unit insignias etc. Norbert

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 06 Mar 2008, 02:39

Try again on the pic....NB

Brendan Hunt

Post by Brendan Hunt » 06 Mar 2008, 02:44

Once more!
Brendan

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 06 Mar 2008, 02:46

Brendan Hunt wrote:Once more!
wolchowstock details_1_1.jpg
wolchowstock details_1_1.jpg (148.85 KiB) Viewed 1631 times

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 06 Mar 2008, 02:47

norbert biber wrote:
Brendan Hunt wrote:Once more!
wolchowstock details_1_1.jpg
These are my favorite ones.I will reduce the pic I have of all of them and try to resend later. The one on the right in this pic is Condor Legion unit.

Return to “Reenactment”