2nd post.Swedish tunic conversion.

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Wilibald

Post by Wilibald » 07 Sep 2004, 03:28

Hi Leibstandarte _reenactor :)

Do not take it personally, I just meant that many units on our side of the Atlantic do not look as sharp as those guys EVEN if they buy Janke uniforms for 500$ each. It's a matter of attitude, and i think that swedish unit does great (well, I know, if you browsed all their pix you probably spotted a mustache of one of the soldier in camo smock.- which I personally would NOT allow but.. all in all, they do look great and their kits are convincing enough :) )

Hope I did NOT offend anybody here, especially you Leibstandarte since I use to agree with all your postings! lllooll :)

wilibald

Sturmmann Dalheim

Post by Sturmmann Dalheim » 07 Sep 2004, 08:56

Thank you Wilibald for your kind words.

Yes, most of us use converted Swedish wool uniforms. Our Oberscharführer Bernhard is the one that does the conversions and owns the shop (EFM) which has a link on our webpage. I must say that he probably is one of the most prominent converters of these uniforms.

Our webpage is currently outdated. During the last year or so, much and more have happened to our society (MHS). Lots of good reenacting on our new training ground, a LARP, and a wealth of pictures. A new webpage is being worked upon which will be set up in october. Stay tuned!

Strm. Dalheim
3.SS.Pz.AA.11. "Schweden Zug"

Leibstandarte_reenactor

Post by Leibstandarte_reenactor » 07 Sep 2004, 17:59

Wilibald wrote:Hi Leibstandarte _reenactor :)

Do not take it personally, I just meant that many units on our side of the Atlantic do not look as sharp as those guys EVEN if they buy Janke uniforms for 500$ each. It's a matter of attitude, and i think that swedish unit does great (well, I know, if you browsed all their pix you probably spotted a mustache of one of the soldier in camo smock.- which I personally would NOT allow but.. all in all, they do look great and their kits are convincing enough :) )

Hope I did NOT offend anybody here, especially you Leibstandarte since I use to agree with all your postings! lllooll :)

wilibald
none taken at all my friend!!!!!

i agree with you 100% i think that most North American units look shameful. all unit have their "odd ball" or what not, i have been called a "stich nazi" on numerous occations because of the way i feel about authenticty.

Angus1235

Re: 2nd post.Swedish tunic conversion.

Post by Angus1235 » 10 Dec 2013, 07:45

Upon reading this, I thought 'why bother'
The effort/cost of tailoring/dyeing/new buttons etc. would still not create an authentic looking tunic, and even then, a lot of reenactment groups wont allow it.
Just buy a cheap Repro uniform, they're not even $130 on Ebay. If you're concerned about the quality, then save up a couple of weeks longer and get a better quality.
I don't understand how people can destroy old relics, when there's a much easier and in some cases, cheaper alternative.
Rant=over.
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 20 Dec 2013, 16:22

This thread is from 2004. The availability and quality of inexpensive reenactment uniforms has vastly changed in the last 9 years. Uniform standards for many reenactment groups may have changed as well. I think this discussion would have gone quite differently today.

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 09 Jul 2014, 05:16

cpittman wrote:This thread is from 2004. The availability and quality of inexpensive reenactment uniforms has vastly changed in the last 9 years. Uniform standards for many reenactment groups may have changed as well. I think this discussion would have gone quite differently today.
fair point :o
I suppose Swedish-uniform collectors have to thank china for jumping in on the ww2 bandwagon :)
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Return to “Reenactment”