Impression Food Wrappers- UPDATED

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Drew Maynard

Impression Food Wrappers- UPDATED

Post by Drew Maynard » 17 Oct 2004, 21:39

(or what vinland does in his 'spare' time)

ladies and gents:

for those of you who take 7-11 chimichongas or a can of Stew into the field, fear no longer!

:lol:

I've put together, for the good of the people, three lables (to start).

One, Ersatz Coffee pouches
Lemon Drop pouches
Soup Pouches

the three pdfs can be found at http://www.manix.ca/WSSlabels.zip

that's hosted on my website, for all of you to enjoy. Now, a couple of things (the fine print).

Erstaz coffee. Especially for thos of you who go on tacticals, who would love to pop open the Esbit and boil some water to make a coffee? Now you can! (sounds like a horrible commerical). Put instant coffee in these pouches, with a little dry creamer or sugar- and mix in your canteen lid to make some coffee in the field. be the envy of every soldat! :D

Now, I've taken some type from the wiking.org site- credit due where crdit's due. I've altered some text and put a fun little graphic on the top in colour. You'll also notice every packet I made I changed the name of the producers to include 'Vinland' so if you see them- or if i see them- you'll know where they came from.

Lemon Drops. Avoid trench mouth forever! :lol: Pop in your favourite lemon drops, Altoids, whatever. And look the cat's ass while you do.

Soup Pouches. Enjoy some nice soup packets in the field as well. Print em out, fill with soup mix, enjoy. NOw, those of you with more than limited German will notice that the pouch says 'soup seasoning.' I might change the text in the future.

Printing out. Take the pdfs, load up adobe reader (http://www.adobe.com) a free download. Then, you'll need the following:

'No.1 Coin Envelopes' The size is 2 1/4 inches X 3 1/2 inches. Use these for coffee and for lemon drops.
'No. 5 Coin Envelopes' 3 1/4 inches X 5 5/8 inches. Use these for the soup mix. these coin envelopes you can find everywhere at Office Depot etc.
8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
Inkjet Printer.

Take the little envelopes. Open the flap and hang it over the top of the 8.5 X 11 sheet, so that the envelope is centre left to right (some printers have odd offset margins so you might have to practise and then mark where the envelope sits every time. then a little tack of glue stick, to hold while you fire that through the printer. then pull off, fill and enjoy!

:idea:

Oh yeah some sample pics. Im sure some of you wll use manilla/off white envelopes, I used white. Oh and the little packet in my helmet is a packag of wood matches in a box, wrapped with a new label.

Thought we could all share, so here's my contribution to the lads and ladies of the forum and in reenactment everywhere. Enjoy! And pass em on!

Vinland
Attachments
packatte.jpg
packatte.jpg (59.85 KiB) Viewed 17945 times
Last edited by Drew Maynard on 01 Jun 2006, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Carden

Post by Chris Carden » 17 Oct 2004, 22:46

looks good!

Askold

Post by Askold » 18 Oct 2004, 04:51

Great job Vinland!! Don't forget to make can wrapper for the event next week.

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 18 Oct 2004, 13:48

Horrido!

Bitte, Du Habst einige zucker mit deine Kaffee.
Attachments
small sugerpack.jpg
small sugerpack.jpg (16.06 KiB) Viewed 17920 times

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 18 Oct 2004, 14:17

thanks for the sugar packatt. askold- i'd do some 'half iron rations' tins, they're roughly the size of tuna cans. mak sure you spray paint the tin in a primer, grey primer. i'll do one up if you want. what's in it- kraft dinner? zoodles? franco-american spaghetti? lol

thanks for the comments all. any requests for labels?

vinland

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 18 Oct 2004, 14:41

Vinland wrote: any requests for labels?

vinland
Hell Yes!
are you crazy?
Any German label you can get your hands on......
I have a couple more I can post, a match box label & bread, BTW I haven't been able to download your zip file, it just hangs, like there's nobody on the other end, for god's sake it's only 150 kb, but it hangs on 11kb!

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 18 Oct 2004, 16:29

Pnazerrat:

Glad you enjoyed the creations. I just downloaded the file twice, no problem. pm me and i can email them to you if you're having problems...

I have a match box lavel (see the pic). Knackerbröt label do you want?

Vinland

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 18 Oct 2004, 18:03

This was constructed from an Original "Dauerbrot" (duration Bread) label, sorry but this is the Original size, there is not a larger or clearer one
Attachments
bread.jpg
bread.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 17909 times

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 18 Oct 2004, 18:16

interesting. i could recomp that up- my thought is not to rip off those that have done these previosuly, but to make high quality labels available to everyone. and i'm not trying to put out of business the companies that make them and sell them on line either. let's clal it 'my giving back to the hobby' and elave them at that.

vinland

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 18 Oct 2004, 18:21

Go ahead, my friend actually reconstructed that label for me, he also did the matchbox, but i didn't want to push my luck by asking him to do the Bread label larger as the matchbox was quite a job being that the Original label had yellowed & rippled over the last 60 years

Panzerrat

Post by Panzerrat » 18 Oct 2004, 18:29

Here's a wine label I did quite awhile ago but I gave up because I couldn't make the smaller curving text any clearer, as you can see I did quite a bit of work on this label as the edges were torn on one side, missing from the other & the text including all the colours were quite faded......
Attachments
WineGerman.JPG
WineGerman.JPG (48.09 KiB) Viewed 17920 times

craigob

Post by craigob » 18 Oct 2004, 19:08

Panzerrat wrote:Horrido!

Bitte, Du Habst einige zucker mit deine Kaffee.
lol thats my sugerpacket!!-- see that warning i put it there after someone from the repro paper yahoo groups sold it as part of a kit.. its also watermarked:)

i have loads of stuff ill post later - but remember, dont sell it!

Askold

Post by Askold » 18 Oct 2004, 19:55

Vinland, I'd pass on the tuna sized can. Can you make one for the small round can of corn? Write on it whatever you want -" Uberessen fur dem Ubermensch" or gummibears :)

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 18 Oct 2004, 20:08

houw about 'schtrumpf fleisch' (smurf flesh). lol.

no problem. and i won't sell the sugar packett, was wonderin gwho owned the copyright or design. nah these designs are for what you might call 'public domain'.

wine lable is nice, but i think if we matched the fonts (see how the black type comes out too strong), it'd look even better. great design.....

vinland

Hans Reichmann

Post by Hans Reichmann » 18 Oct 2004, 21:33

:) great idea vinland!

Return to “Reenactment”