Mooslahnerkopf Teahaus

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
bronk7

Mooslahnerkopf Teahaus

Post by bronk7 » 14 Nov 2014, 14:54

I saw the pics of this Teahaus on the Third Reich in Ruins site..does any know of any other sites or books about this place? or the Obersalzberg?

Jeroen7

Re: Mooslahnerkopf Teahaus

Post by Jeroen7 » 20 Nov 2014, 22:07

I don't know, but I know a perfect Now & Then video about the Mooslanherkopf Teahaus!

YouTube: http://youtu.be/wX9KaKQbPew
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/76139946

British Sapper

Post by British Sapper » 21 Nov 2014, 04:50

I worked for a time on the golf course road and building a ski lift there in the mid 1970's with the Royal Engineers and didn't know anything about the 'tea house'. We didn't know it was there. All we saw was a bunch of trees.

Mind you, I was only 20 years of age and knew nothing.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 21 Nov 2014, 09:41

2014 book "Hitler's Berchtesgaden" - http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Berchtesg ... chtesgaden (or other dealers).

There is a large bibliography on the Obersalzberg in the back of the book.

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 21 Nov 2014, 15:13

very very! nice Jeroen..I didn't even think/would believe there would be a video like this ...much thanks

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 21 Nov 2014, 15:16

Geoff Walden wrote:2014 book "Hitler's Berchtesgaden" - http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Berchtesg ... chtesgaden (or other dealers).

yes, I saw that from 'Third Reich in Ruins'...but I usually don't buy books,[ I get them from library ] and the library didn't have that....I really would like it though!! very good suggestion...much thanks ....

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 21 Nov 2014, 15:19

British Sapper wrote:I worked for a time on the golf course road and building a ski lift there in the mid 1970's with the Royal Engineers and didn't know anything about the 'tea house'. We didn't know it was there. All we saw was a bunch of trees.

are the REngineers military or civilian??? so you stood where hitler/etc stood???

Jeroen7

Post by Jeroen7 » 21 Nov 2014, 20:43

bronk7 wrote:very very! nice Jeroen..I didn't even think/would believe there would be a video like this ...much thanks
Thanx. I did know you would love it.

N.C. Wyeth

Post by N.C. Wyeth » 22 Nov 2014, 04:53

bronk7 wrote:
Geoff Walden wrote:2014 book "Hitler's Berchtesgaden" - http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Berchtesg ... chtesgaden (or other dealers).

yes, I saw that from 'Third Reich in Ruins'...but I usually don't buy books,[ I get them from library ] and the library didn't have that....I really would like it though!! very good suggestion...much thanks ....
Now that is funny! :thumbsup: :lol:

You should now buy the book [yes - it's good, and well worth the cash], and let us know what you think of it, "bronk7" . . . Who knows? you might just make the Author feel a little better about offering his hand at helping you find a few answers to your questions. :D
History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illuminates reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life, and brings us tidings of antiquity. - Cicero

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 22 Nov 2014, 11:43

Oh, I like book sales, but I enjoy writing in this forum too - I *really* missed my daily "fix" while it was down.

Geoff

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 22 Nov 2014, 17:33

N.C. Wyeth wrote:
bronk7 wrote:

Now that is funny! :thumbsup: :lol:

You should now buy the book [yes - it's good, and well worth the cash], and let us know what you think of it, "bronk7" . . . Who knows? you might just make the Author feel a little better about offering his hand at helping you find a few answers to your questions. :D
my birthday is soon and Christmas..maybe I'll get it...yes, Geof, I did see that.....I am going to post a new question on it

bronk7

Post by bronk7 » 22 Nov 2014, 17:49

funny, funny joke on me...I'll probably buy it now....

British Sapper

Post by British Sapper » 23 Nov 2014, 03:35

bronk7 wrote:
British Sapper wrote:I worked for a time on the golf course road and building a ski lift there in the mid 1970's with the Royal Engineers and didn't know anything about the 'tea house'. We didn't know it was there. All we saw was a bunch of trees.

are the REngineers military or civilian??? so you stood where hitler/etc stood???
Very nuch a part of the British Army mate. The Royal Engineers are/were the largest Corps in the British Army. When at Berchtesgaden we were based at Strub Kaserne in the Medic block with the US Army. A great guy called Judd Kelsey was a 'top Sergeant' who ran the Medic centre at that time.We did link up with the US Army Engineers. as well as the German mountain troops who were across the road at Strub kaserne. We did get access to the underground tunnels on the Obersalzburg, and were given a map of the tunnels at that time which was still given the security clearance of 'classified'.

I no longer have that map. A 'friend' borrowed it and never returned it.

prideleader

Post by prideleader » 11 Jun 2015, 02:02

What's up with the 3 openings in the blueprints that are around. in the pictures there are 4 Windows.

Tilvasos

Post by Tilvasos » 03 Sep 2015, 18:40

Hey,

I noticed this photo being used in the 'Obersalzberg now & then episode 3' but is it from the teehause overlook? The background in the photo doesn't fit with how the mountains look from that spot. Was it perhaps from another spot or maybe the background is from a different photo and Hitler has been copy/pasted to it?
Attachments
Hitl1.jpg
Hitl1.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 1670 times

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”