Hitler's study

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 07 Sep 2007, 22:58

Reichssammler wrote:The bullet is still in there...the DHM has taken some pics of the bullet in 2005 but I can´t find one of them at google.
This is the only good pic I could find. Looks to me like the bullet-hole is around southern Czechslovakia or Hungary.

Kind regards.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 18 Sep 2007, 17:49

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 18 Sep 2007, 18:05

This is a fantastic artical Ghostsoldier on AH's Globe, well worth the read! Thanks again.

Johnny R. :-)

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 18 Sep 2007, 18:10

Yes thanks Rob for that interesting article.

To be fair, the DHM have never claimed that their globe is from Hitler's study. Dr. Assmuss e-mailed me confirming that the one on display was from Ribbentrop's Foreign Ministry.

Extract from my earlier post:
The globe displayed here was made, in the style of the other furnishings of the "Men's, Living Room" for the interior design of the Foreign, Office on Wilhelmstrasse. A bullet has been shot, through the area of northern Europe and the globe has, signs of blows that were made with a blunt object.
So I wonder where Hitler's globe is now? If it really is in some archive in Moscow then there is very little chance of it being put on public display after what happened last time with Hitler's Golden Party Badge being stolen.

Kind regards.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 18 Sep 2007, 19:32

Potsdamerplatz wrote:...there is very little chance of it being put on public display after what happened last time with Hitler's Golden Party Badge being stolen.
Without mid-directing this thread, what exactly happend in that incident? Where can I read of it?
Rob

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 18 Sep 2007, 19:41

ghostsoldier wrote:
Potsdamerplatz wrote:...there is very little chance of it being put on public display after what happened last time with Hitler's Golden Party Badge being stolen.
Without mid-directing this thread, what exactly happend in that incident? Where can I read of it?
Rob
Hi Rob,

Hitler gave Magda Goebbels his Gold Nazi Party badge just before he killed himself as reward for her bravery. The Soviets found the badge in the bunker and it was stored in a vault at the Lubyanka, the KGB headquarters. In 1996 the FSB, the Russian Federation successor to the KGB, revealed that it had the badge and in 2005 put it on display. On November 18, 2005, it was stolen in a brazen smash-and-grab raid. The burglar escaped even though he triggered the display alarms. As of August 2006, it had not yet been recovered.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0% ... %2C00.html

Kind regards.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 18 Sep 2007, 19:59

Wow. I never heard about that....can you imagine what that might be worth now? And does anyone know what the "eight other items" taken might have been?
Rob

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 18 Sep 2007, 20:11

Hi Potsdamer-Platz,
the story with "Hitler´s" globe is such a mythos like "where are the Brecker statues which were in the Ehrenhof" or "where is the furniture from the Reichskanzlei"...we won´t know it because the russians see this things like a "trophy".
They have many items in their archives, many items are lost and forgotten in any archives in germany and russian, but there are also things from other countries which the russians "stealed" in 1945- 1947 like pictures, jewrely, furniture, portraits, expensive pictures and art from many famous people.

In the future we won´t get this stuff back to germany because our government don´t want to see this things again, it´s a part from history what isn´t good to remember and they aren´t fascinated like we are from this things, really sad :(

EDIT: at our last flea-market I saw a russian seller who sold a Golden Party badge...perhaps it was the original :D

Wotan2

Post by Wotan2 » 18 Sep 2007, 21:18

The stolen Golden PB: Was it the Golden Party Badge of AH, which he has given to Magda Goebbels before his suicide and which was burned with her body (a picture of this piece was published in Lew Bysemskies (?) book about the death of AH or was it the one the Russions found on AHs uniform in the bunker ? BTW I can remember, that Kempka or Günsche had hidden it in their uniforms and the piece was discoverd after their capture by the Russians?

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 25 Sep 2007, 03:47

A rare photograph of Hitler's study at Führerhauptquartier Wolfsschanze. A far cry from the luxury of the Reichskanzlei.

This room was accurately reproduced at the beginning of Der Untergang when Hitler is interviewing Traudl Junge.

Kind regards.

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 25 Sep 2007, 05:41

Great Photo. Thanks

Johnny R.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 25 Sep 2007, 18:32

Potsdamerplatz wrote:This room was accurately reproduced at the beginning of Der Untergang when Hitler is interviewing Traudl Junge.
I thought I recognized that room! :) Thanks for posting it! :D
Rob

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 26 Sep 2007, 02:07

Here I have found another photograph of Hitler's study in Berlin with a different desk. The layout of the room is also slightly changed from all the other photographs we have seen so far.

Another new photograph of the room:

Notice that not only is Hitler's desk different, but also the chairs and the lamp. It looks as if the couch in the background near the fireplace is also a different pattern.

This photograph below has already been posted earlier in the thread but I think this one is better resolution :D

So now we know that Hitler definitely had 2 desks in his study between the opening of the Reichskanzlei in 1939 and the storming of the building by the Russians in May 1945.

Kind regards.

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 26 Sep 2007, 02:24

I've never seen this other desk...Thanks Potsdamerplatz your got a good nose for finding the hard ones:-)

Johnny R.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 26 Sep 2007, 04:06

Awesome find, David... :D ...
Question for you: Did Albert Speer design the furniture of the Reichskanzlei, also? I'm reading "The Spandau Diaries" at present, and he talks of seeing one of the chairs he designed for the RC, brought to the prison for their use (and it stated that the chair had come "from a government surplus warehouse" in Berlin...hmm...I wonder if that "warehouse" still exists?) :)
Rob

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”