Rudolf Hess-Siedlung Pullach

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Oberhessin

Rudolf Hess-Siedlung Pullach

Post by Oberhessin » 03 May 2012, 12:56

I'd like to open a new topic on one of the new projects I am working on after leaving the NS-Documentation Center Munich and share some so information with you.

The Reichssiedlung Rudolf Hess, also known as "Sonnenwinkel" was build from 1936 on in the rural area of Pullach in the valley of the Isar. It was build by Roderich Fick (and later Hermann Giesler), the garden architecture was by Alwin Seifert.
The inhabitants of the compound were mostly high-ranking members of the Stab Hess and Parteikanzlei, among them Gerhard Klopfer, Gottfried Neesse, Helmut Friedrichs, Herbert Reischauer, Edinger Ancker and others. But there were some other Party officials living there as well for instance Walter "Bubi" Schultze.
Martin Bormann house was later the living place of Reinhard Gehlen.
In April 1945 the most inhabitants left their homes and escaped to South Tyrolia or survived in the rural area around the different bavarian lakes while the local Pullach people plundered their . Their did not return to their homes because the Civilian Censorship Division moved into it after it had been a POW Cage in Sommer 1945. In December 1947 the Organization Gehlen moved in.
The Bundesnachrichtendienst is leaving for Berlin and the city of Pullach discusses the future of the compound.

PavelH

Re: Rudolf Hess-Siedlung Pullach

Post by PavelH » 03 May 2012, 21:43

Any period photos of party leaders houses at FHQ Siegried?
Attachments
pullach.jpg

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 05 May 2012, 20:21

The Party leaders Houses are on the other side of the compund, not close to the FHQ.
Here you can see some of the houses, minute 10_:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Q1lHCQ ... re=related

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 10 May 2012, 19:13

Thanks for posting this, was not aware of it before! Please keep us informed about any news.

Kind regards,

Maurice

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 07 Jan 2013, 22:04

If someboy is interested in the story of the compound: There will be a presentation in Pullach on the 24th of January, Part 2 of "Before the BND". I will talk about Adolf Hitler and Martin Bormann and the function of this place for the Nazi Leadership.

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 15 Nov 2013, 22:06

I'd like to annouce the opening of the exhibition "Pullach, Heilmannstrasse - Von der Reichssiedlung Rudolf Heß zur Zentrale des Bundesnachrichtendienstes. Geschichte eines geheimnisvollen Ortes" on the forthcoming Thursday (Nov. 21st). It will be shown in the Town House of Pullach. The mayor of Pullach and the Vice-President of the Federal Intelligence Service will give a short welcoming speech. There will be 4 evening presentations afterwards: one on Roderich Fick, a paper on Klaus Barbie or the Freiheitsaktion Bayern, an evening with children of the Reichssiedlung talking with young Pullach folks and a presentation of the film documentation "Nazis in the Federal Intelligence Services" with a discussion afterwards. Participants will be members of the Intelligence service and the author of the film documentation.

Admission is free.
If somebody is interested in more information please me know.
There is broadcast documentation in two parts on the 17th and 24th of November too, Channel BR 2, 13.30-14.00 pm.

And I'd like to say thank you to Geoff, Ian and Jeff, who shared their photo collections with me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maithly

Post by maithly » 10 Dec 2013, 14:38

If anybody is currently in or near Berlin, you might like to visit an exhibition on German Social History in what's left of the old Propaganda Ministry. It's free and you get inside the building for a look. I asked for permission to take photographs and the bloke at the door didn't know if I was allowed or not so he decided "No" was the safest answer. You may choose to play dumb and see what happens re photographing.

Makarov

Post by Makarov » 17 Feb 2014, 08:48

Does anyone know if any of the OKW buildings shown on the map in second post still exist? And what about the other buildings? Are there any information board on site?

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 26 Feb 2014, 21:32

As far as I know there are three OKW Barracks left. The others had been destroyed. One of the three will be turned down in the near future. it is the socalled "Waldhaus" where the new agents of the ORg and BND had been trained.
The Bunker Hagen exists too. He was to strong to destroy.

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 06 Jul 2014, 15:25

News from the Archives of Technische Universität: They put the digitalized plans of Roderich Fick on the Reichsseidlung I had ordered two years ago online:
http://mediatum.ub.tum.de/?id=888134

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 12 Aug 2014, 22:15

I'd like to announce the publication of the book on the Reichssiedlung and the years after. It will be on the markte at the end of September.
And I want to say "thank you" to all of you, who helped me the last months with the stories of this place, especially Geoff Walden and Jeff Hanson for their generous sharing of photos with me
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If one of them will be anounced AHF member of the month candidate they can count on my voting!!!

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 10 Sep 2016, 21:02

I'd like you to know that the film on the Hess-Siedlung is online till monday:
http://www.daserste.de/information/repo ... h-100.html

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”