Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Max

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Max » 15 Apr 2016, 17:18

Geoff Walden wrote:.

@Pavel - Looks convincing to me! :) Thanks to Mira!
It certainly is the 1915 pattern, but as this pattern was used until 1957 it still might not be contemporary with Hitler.
Perhaps there are some other marks on the base that might decide the issue.
On the base plate, most of these bottles bear the name of the city where they were first filled.
http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2009/11/ ... ottle.html
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 16 Apr 2016, 01:18

I don't believe the cellars could be accessed from the garage either as I am sure that had it been possible, I would've attempted to get in. As it was I gained access through a trapdoor-type hole in the roof of the cellar/floor of a room. (This was 1982 and I was much younger and fitter.) At the time there were signs at the site warning German speakers to keep out. My entry point was apparently the one used by the graffiti-writing revellers who had preceded me. I do have three photographs of someone else exploring the cellars but I got them from the Internet and cannot remember the source. Anyone who particularly wants to see them can PM me but there is no sign of the Kegelbahn or much else except rubble.I suspect the three photos I lifted came from this source: http://mint.sbg.ac.at:8000/pics/2010/Obersalzberg/ but I can't find them there. Attached is a photo of the interior of the garage which I am pretty sure I've posted before. Without wanting to hijack the thread, I've included an additional photo of what I called the Goering steps (because I was told that the Goering house stood where the white marker is in the third photo)but I really have no idea what these steps were. The red arrow indicates where the steps were in relation to the white marker. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Attachments
AHFGI.jpg
Garage interior.
AHFGS.jpg
Mysterious steps
AHFGHS2.jpg
Alleged site of Goering house.
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 16 Apr 2016, 16:44

Mannheim wrote:I don't believe the cellars could be accessed from the garage either as I am sure that had it been possible, I would've attempted to get in. ... additional photo of what I called the Goering steps (because I was told that the Goering house stood where the white marker is in the third photo)but I really have no idea what these steps were. The red arrow indicates where the steps were in relation to the white marker. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sometimes that was access through a small opening at the left rear of the garage (just at the left corner, if one could have walked in the front door), sometimes not. When I was there in 1981, there definitely was NOT any access from the back of the garage, else I too would have been in there. But there was access there later in the 1980s - that's how people got into that part of the cellar.
Some of those steps are still there behind the site of Goering's house, but not all of those in your pic. Similar steps are on the other side, on the back side of that little hill to the left, with the wooden bench on it. I think these steps just led to walking paths that ran back in there (and still do - leading to the mergency exit of G's tunnel system).

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 16 Apr 2016, 22:56

Thanks for the info, Geoff! Here's another to keep you busy. About halfway up the mountain from Berchtesgaden to the bus stop where the Platterhof used to be, there's a gateway which looked to me like it was period. This gateway is on the left as you go up. Any idea where it might have led? Sorry about the poor quality of the photo but I took it from the moving bus.
Attachments
gate 2.jpg
The gateway

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 17 Apr 2016, 19:48

Hi Gary,

That's the Teugelbrunn gateway. It leads back into the meadows down and behind the Gutshof.

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 17 Apr 2016, 22:56

Thanks. Geoff. I knew you'd know. BTW, I don't think I'd fancy that bus trip with snow on the road.

Hessler86

Post by Hessler86 » 19 Apr 2016, 07:41

I recently acquired a Reiseführer of 1935 of the Berchtesgaden area, would anyone be interested in a scan?
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker.
Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

Hinomaru

Post by Hinomaru » 19 Apr 2016, 09:59

I'm not sure if this youtuber has been mention on this thread yet or on this forum, but I highly recommend watching work. I don't think you'll find anything better on the web.

Lytvyn

Post by Lytvyn » 20 Apr 2016, 22:51

work on the layout
Attachments
IMAG0260.JPG

*NL*

Post by *NL* » 23 Apr 2016, 22:49

Looking great Lytvyn ! Hope you will keep us up to date with your future progress.

Lytvyn

Post by Lytvyn » 07 May 2016, 22:14

ОК.
Attachments
IMAG0265.JPG

RobertD1

Post by RobertD1 » 09 May 2016, 09:10

Did a quick hike to the Kehlstein on Saturday in gorgeous weather. Roadwork on the Kehlsteinstrasse is still ongoing, they are replacing some of the guard railing. The Kehlsteinhaus is now scheduled to open on May 14th. Attached are some pics of the Endstalstollen. Enjoy!
Endstalstollen.jpg
IMG_20160507_101923.jpg
Endstal.jpg

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 11 May 2016, 16:43

Thanks for the pics, Robert! The entrance looks so different without grass growing in all the crevices. Looks like, from the weather forecast, that you picked the right weekend ... not next weekend!

Did you visit the Hintereckstollen as well? 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RobertD1

Post by RobertD1 » 12 May 2016, 07:52

Did you visit the Hintereckstollen as well?
Hi Geoff, no, not this time. The last time I checked (a couple of weeks ago), the padlock which was open around the turn of the year had been replaced by a sturdier one...
Have you been in there recently?

Instructor80

Post by Instructor80 » 12 May 2016, 16:21

Geoff Walden wrote: Did you visit the Hintereckstollen as well? 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8O :D
http://www.bayernwelle.de/berchtesgaden ... eschaedigt

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”