Hitler's Bunker.

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
hein

Post by hein » 04 Oct 2004, 03:58

Speer didn't design it so who did? Who built it? Many thanks... Rob.
Rob

The complex was built in two distinct phases, one part in 1936 and the other in 1943. The 1943 development was built by the Hochtief company as part of an extensive program of subterranean construction in Berlin begun in 1940. The accommodation for Hitler was in the newer section.
this is the website of the company who build a lot of things during the reich atlantikwall, viking etc ...

http://www.hochtief.com/hochtief_en/97.jhtml
fun
This is one of the last pictures taken of Adolf Hitler in his bunker in Berlin in 1945 as he shakes hands with Col. Gen. Ferdinand Schoerner, appointed commander in chief of the nonexistent Wehrmacht in Hitler's last will and testament. In the doorway stands Hitler's adjutant, Julius Schaub. Planning to commit suicide since he'd entered the bunker, the day after his wedding Hitler penned his last will and testament. Most of the rambling document tried to blame the war on "international politicians who either come from Jewish stock or [were] agents of Jewish interests."

The Remains of the Bunker
Sightseers walk amid the ruins of Hitler's bunker, sometimes referred to as Hitler's "tombstone," after a detachment of Soviet army engineers blew it up on Dec. 11, 1947. The ventilating tower of the shelter (a cylinder with a conical top) is at right. Stones from the shattered bunker, where Hitler and his mistress, Eva Braun, reportedly committed suicide, spattered the broken walls of the Reich Chancellery (background), and a few landed in the middle of the huge room that once was Hitler's office.

hein

re

Post by hein » 04 Oct 2004, 08:34

here you got the good dimensional view

and if it is permitted ..some pictures to

nr 30 on the map above

hein

re

Post by hein » 04 Oct 2004, 08:36

hein

re

Post by hein » 04 Oct 2004, 08:38

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 11 Oct 2004, 11:42

Those bastards! :x Did they really have to destroy such an great building? They didnt think the historical value it would have 50 years later.... :cry:

Of course, parts of the bunker still remaing under the buildings but unles someone is planning to blow them up...

:roll:

hein

re

Post by hein » 13 Oct 2004, 00:02

you very wright christian

time will show us that they made a historicall big mistake
time makes forget bad memorys that brought war during the war

its like destroying the roman colloseum
or the egyptian piramides

hein

fuhrerbunker video

Post by hein » 13 Oct 2004, 14:36

hoi

maybe the other link i gave was not very good
try this one
discovery channels virtuel fuhrer bunker visit

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/storage/ ... r2_300.asx?
http://media.dsc.discovery.com/storage/ ... x?obj=V001

story of Misch
hitlers private phone number 120050 in the bunker

http://www.adolfhitler.ws/modules.php?o ... =0&thold=0

Post by 1812 » 14 Oct 2004, 06:13

I dont understand why they did this. The bunker is very important to history. But the bunker is still there, so perhaps one day it will be seen again. I hope it does.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 14 Oct 2004, 13:36

I don´t think so, the bunker was flooded after to be taken by the Russians and sealed. To the years the STASI seeking possible tunnels by where the people could escape toward the Federal Republic, they closed with cement the entrances of the Bunker and various of their walkways besides continuing the flood. The existing only photos of the bunker during the decade of the sixty are of the STASI (German Secret Police).

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 14 Oct 2004, 14:47

Parts of the bunker still remaing under the buildings. Im hoping that one day, one day, people would realise its historical value, get rid of those damn buildins ( that nearly destroyed an historical monument ) and dig up what remains of the bunker. :cry:

hein

re

Post by hein » 14 Oct 2004, 15:31

Parts of the bunker still remaing under the buildings. Im hoping that one day, one day, people would realise its historical value, get rid of those damn buildins ( that nearly destroyed an historical monument ) and dig up what remains of the bunker.
i am shure that 1 day he will rise and be restored because just take a look at the building they made for know

most of these social app.are made for 1 lifetime
thats the way it goes in owhr consumption society
the bunker is so strong that he can survive thousands of years

theres only painfull memories as long as there are survivors,
so lets say in about 150 years people will have forgotten the pain of war...
and thats where historie starts

so you better try to stay alive :wink:

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 14 Oct 2004, 18:29

Someone, yust blow those buildings sky high. So i can go there my self with my trusty shovel and start digging... :lol: :cry: Of course with all the people evacuated fist...

Johnnyrocket

The Fuhrer Bunker:

Post by Johnnyrocket » 31 Aug 2007, 04:32

Here is a good informational poster of the Fuhrer Bunker for reference only. I'm sure this is all copy written material (e.i. photographs and illustrations. I posted it here for reference on locations with images. I notice that many different illustrations are floting around of various configurations of the rooms and such. I'm sure that this is because of improvments over the years preceeding, and including the war period.

If you would like larger copies of this poster, please send me your email address and I'll send a larger file to you.
Attachments
AH Bunker 1945 L R.jpg
bunker low res.jpg
AH Bunker 1945 L R.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
Last edited by Johnnyrocket on 06 Sep 2007, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy

Re: The Fuhrer Bunker:

Post by Jimmy » 31 Aug 2007, 18:28

Johnnyrocket wrote:Here is a good informational poster of the Fuhrer Bunker for reference only. I'm sure this is all copy written material (e.i. photographs and illustrations. I posted it here for reference on locations with images. I notice that many different illustrations are floting around of various configurations of the rooms and such. I'm sure that this is because of improvments over the years preceeding, and including the war period.

Johnnyrocket

where did you get that poster?
is it available to download somewhere????

Wotan2

Post by Wotan2 » 31 Aug 2007, 20:14

From the original bunker only the basic concrete floor exists in the deep ground and some parts from the outer walls. Please see at homepage of "Berliner Unterwelten e.V." in Berlin. Dietmar Arnoöd made a very good job about showing the real remains (not the phantasie ones!). The remains are looking like the rest of an old swimming pool. For showing his original size he has to be rebuild completely; but who will allow this in Germany. And who will pay for it. Do you have any suggestions?

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”