Karinhall

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
karinhall

Post by karinhall » 22 Feb 2005, 00:44

Hey guys ... i'm new to the forum ... my names Patrick, from the UK
I know this isn't strictly related to the topic but would any of you have any idea where I can get some good information in books or the net about Goerings hunting lodge at Karinhall (in english preferably)
Thanks

Best wishes

AvD

Try Google

Post by AvD » 23 Feb 2005, 02:40

Just typing Karinhall gives 1460 entries.
Karinhall illustrations gives 24!

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 23 Feb 2005, 03:06

The term is Carinhall, not Karinhall...!

Link: http://www.bunker-ig.de/intro/start/bun ... nhall.html

Regards Michael

*Change the Nickname...! :P

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 23 Feb 2005, 03:21

Carin Goering / Göring:

Source: http://www.rockelstad.se/ny/historia/goring.asp

Regards Michael

karinhall

Post by karinhall » 23 Feb 2005, 05:14

I have seen it written as 'karinhall' but hey who cares ...
The fact is that the big bloater built himself a lodge outside Berlin decked out in period finery!
Goering fascinates me ....I saw a thread not that long ago which said who one would like to spend a day with ...
My choice would undoubtably be Hermann .... sipping fine wine from his expansive cellars and dining on the finest food ... a dream!! Such an exuberant character and so full of enthusiasm! Who else shares my fascination with this guy? As apose to a wretch such as Himmler!

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 23 Feb 2005, 10:14

knieptang wrote:The term is Carinhall, not Karinhall...!

Link: http://www.bunker-ig.de/intro/start/bun ... nhall.html

Regards Michael

*Change the Nickname...! :P
Actually, Karinhall is also correct. Although the correct spelling of Göring's wife was Carin and therefore Carinhall was more commonly used, the alternative spelling with a K was also widely in evidence. Here is an official contemporary site plan from 1937 where you can see that the spelling with a K is used.
Max.
Attachments
Carinhall (1).jpg
Carinhall (1).jpg (39.03 KiB) Viewed 15554 times

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 23 Feb 2005, 11:54

karinhall wrote:I have seen it written as 'karinhall' but hey who cares ...
The fact is that the big bloater built himself a lodge outside Berlin decked out in period finery!
Goering fascinates me ....I saw a thread not that long ago which said who one would like to spend a day with ...
My choice would undoubtably be Hermann .... sipping fine wine from his expansive cellars and dining on the finest food ... a dream!! Such an exuberant character and so full of enthusiasm! Who else shares my fascination with this guy? As apose to a wretch such as Himmler!
You might find that you obtain a better response from serious researchers if you leave out the dramatised descriptions such as 'big bloater' and 'wretch'. You could also try searching using the more common spelling "Carinhall". Just a couple of suggestions.
Max.

karinhall

Post by karinhall » 23 Feb 2005, 16:35

I'm sorry if i offended anyone .... i was a little over the top perhaps.
I would class myself as a serious 'researcher' of this topic
I am a university student and am studying the third reich in depth in relation to my degree.
I know a great deal about both Hermann Goering and Henrich Himmler and so perhaps I felt 'wretch' was an 'educated' insult, shall we say.
Pat

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 24 Feb 2005, 01:20

Two books in german language are avaliable about Goering / Carinhall / Goerings Collections:

Source: http://www.amazon.de

Regards Michael

eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 28 Apr 2005, 21:17

Just thought I would bring this back to the top.

I also find Göring an interesting study. He was flamboyant and over the top but he was a jovial individual and I feel the least suited among his lot. More than anything I see Göring doing nothing but floating about in fancy garb and finery. He was certainly not a harmless character but a figurative one.

Out of all the characters to top the cake he seems most steeped in his Germanic history and somewhat out of place in the 3.Riech. More a figure of WW1 and the past then the future they were trying to create.

karinhall

Goring

Post by karinhall » 29 Apr 2005, 02:15

Thanks for the last post .... glad someone agress with me about H.G.
I find he certainly has the most intriguing story to follow during the Nazi regime.
He adds light hearted elements to an often intense and horrific period.
There is also significant evidence that he used his allotted powers to help many of his own and emmy's jewish counterparts to safety during the war.
Indeed, at Nuremburg, he suggested to Jackson that it would have been possible for many atrocities to have been committed in the east and for him to have no real recollection of their extremities...he had fallen significantly from favour with the leadership by 1941-2 and was often kept in the dark about many matters ... is it possible that the ridiculous bureaucracy of the NSDAP could have ACTUALLY led a vulnerable character to take 'resettlement in the east' for nothing more than what is written? far fetched perhaps ... but with goring i am almost certainly there is some middle line between the extremes ... and for that I waver some kind of respect for the man.
Weak minded, vulnerable ... blind? But in my opinion ... not a mass murderer by nature or even actions.

I would love to hear peoples opinions as i am aware this is contreversial.
Regards,

Patrick Duckworth

jv
In memoriam

Karinhall

Post by jv » 29 Apr 2005, 09:35

Max is right that the correct spelling is Carinhall. You may be interested in a photoseries of the Carinhall from Joy & Work 1939 which I post here. As for Goering, he was certainly a worthy protagonist for Jackson during the Nuremberg Trials. Jackson was no match for Goering because Goering's intimate knowledge of all levels of power within the reich. Follow his discourse with Jackson who was largely outwitted by Goering and you will see what I mean. A far cry from Goering's performance during the Reichstag Fire trial when Goering was outclassed, so to speak, by Dimitroff. Dimitroff turned Goering into a ranting and raving mess. Check out that interaction as well. jv
Attachments
Carinhall.jpg
Carinhall.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 15078 times

MAX_theHitMan

Post by MAX_theHitMan » 02 May 2005, 13:27

Yep, Hermann was a different type of nazi compared to others on the same boat.
Quite extravagente in my opinion. I wouldn´t mind having a few beers with the fella and ask him about his world war one days when he was in charge of Richtofens flying circus airplane group. That most have been very interesting.
Has for his later life with the nazi party, I guess it was just pure decadence for him. What a waste of money. :o And specially bad taste in decoration on some rooms he did. Some were pretty alright, but some were just downright awfull.
But of course this is only in my humblest opinion.

Eckart

Post by Eckart » 02 May 2005, 13:54

Here is a photo of the Japanese Foreign Minister Yosuke Matsuoka in Karinhall, on March 29 1941. Maybe you find it interesting.

Cheers!!
Attachments
Carinhall, Minister Matsuoka 29.03.1941.jpg
Carinhall, Minister Matsuoka 29.03.1941.jpg (43.37 KiB) Viewed 14935 times

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 17 Dec 2006, 16:23

One more photo

* Image Source : 'The Reich Chancellery and Führerbunker Complex'
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (44.82 KiB) Viewed 13136 times

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”