Martin Bormann

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Max Williams

Martin Bormann

Post by Max Williams » 22 Apr 2014, 20:46

Mark Costa wrote:Re: Where's Martin Bormann ?
Post Number:#29 Postby Mark Costa on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:17 pm

What is always missed about the article and photo above, is that the skull shown, with the photo of Bormann, is actually that of Ludwig Stumpfegger!! Bormann's skull was actually sitting on the other side of the Bormann photo, but the original AP editor cropped the photo incorrectly, hence showing Stumpfegger's skull instead. And no one has ever corrected the original photo!!

Mark Costa

I was reading an old thread on the discovery of Bormann's remains and noticed this old post from Mark Costa. Unfortunately the thread was locked so nobody asked where this information came from. Mark, can you provide a source for this please as I note the skull is still being identified as that of Bormann.
Thanks,
Max.

Mark Costa

Re: Martin Bormann

Post by Mark Costa » 23 Apr 2014, 14:46

Max:

To be honest I don't remember the article but here are photos of both skulls together (Top Photo) Bormann's skull is on the right with mud caked over the eye sockets before it was cleaned up. The middle photo shows the skull by itself -- note the missing teeth etc. And the bottom photo shows the facial reconstruction as shown by the Berlin Investigative Office. The skull shown in the reconstruction is the one on the right in the top photo. Note the missing teeth in the Bormann skull as well as the complete forehead. The Stumpfegger skull has a full set of teeth and is missing the large part above the eye socket. But as you say the media still shows the Stumpfegger skull when discussing Bormann's remains.

Mark
Attachments
bormann%20botten.jpg
bormann%20botten.jpg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 525 times
msptErLo3eVVZS6cxkIcKew.jpg
mI901uB9dnXii5lWoqFT6zg.jpg

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 23 Apr 2014, 16:06

Thanks Mark. If you Google images of the Bormann skull, they all show the other skull which you have identified as that of Stumpfegger.
Max.

Tessio

Post by Tessio » 23 Apr 2014, 23:50

I would take a guess by saying that the skull with a huge hole in it has more 'impact' and sensationalism then the other one hence why its more commonly used.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”