Turk and Nazi diplomat in this picture! Who are they?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Emre

Turk and Nazi diplomat in this picture! Who are they?

Post by Emre » 03 Jul 2007, 16:35

June 1941, Turkey

I found this photo but I don't now who they are. Anyone know them?

vox stellarum

Post by vox stellarum » 03 Jul 2007, 20:58

Hi Emre, I have this photo and I scanned&used on my personal blog http://vxstllrm.blogspot.com . But recently a lot of people in Turkey displaying this picture without giving any credit to me :( Anyway, that's okay! :)

This photo was taken on June 18th, 1941 in Ankara -four days before Operation Barbarossa took place- at German-Turkish Friendship Treaty. German Reich Chancellor appointed Ambassador Franz von Papen and the President of the Turkish Republic appointed Foreign Minister Þükrü Saraçoðlu as plenipotentiaries.

In connection with the happy conclusion of the treaty the plenipotentiaries of both sides express the wish that the press of both countries, as well as the radio on both sides, in their publications and transmissions will always take account of the spirit of friendship and mutual confidence that characterizes German-Turkish relations.

Emre

Post by Emre » 03 Jul 2007, 21:01

vox thanks for your great post!

Have you got other Nazi and Turks in one picture?

vox stellarum

Post by vox stellarum » 03 Jul 2007, 21:56

Hi!

Check out my new blog entry http://vxstllrm.blogspot.com/2007/07/hi ... aller.html and this thread http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=120698

Other photos from the treaty:

w/ Saffet Arýkan

vox stellarum

Post by vox stellarum » 03 Jul 2007, 23:28

Emre wrote: Have you got other Nazi and Turks in one picture?
Try ullstein bild for more pictures (thanks to mjölnir) http://www.ullsteinbild.de There are lots of photos there.

Some more:

Celebration for the 10th anniversary of the Turkish Republic. Marching-up of a SA honouring tower before the Turkish Ambassador General Kemalettin Sami Paþa in Berlin, SA-Stabschef Ernst Röhm, Turkish Militarattache, SA-Gruppenführer Karl Ernst (29.10.1933)

Meeting of the APA in the hotel Adlon in Berlin for the speech of Wilhelm Frick on "non-German groups in the German Reich" from left: Reichsfrauenführerin Gertrud Scholtz-Klink, Turkish Ambassador Mehmet Hamdi, Reichsleiter Alfred Rosenberg, Wilhelm Frick.

The same reception. From right: Ambassador Mehmet Hamdi, Alfred Rosenberg, Reichspressechef Dr. Otto Dietrich.

Reception at the hall of the new Reichskanzlei. Reichsaussenminister Joachim v. Ribbentrop and Turkish Ambassador Mehmet Hamdi. And Adolf Hitler in case you didn't notice :)

Emre

Post by Emre » 03 Jul 2007, 23:49

Thanks for your photos. Thy are document of secret history.

ottoman

Post by ottoman » 30 Oct 2007, 16:37

Very interesting photo. Maybe the first time I see the "führer" in the background. Hitler in the background, lol, hard to think.

brankov

Re: Turk and Nazi diplomat in this picture! Who are they?

Post by brankov » 20 Aug 2008, 12:15

On the last photo with von Ribbentrop and Hamdi there is Freiherr von Dörnberg standing
behind von Ribbentrop,partially seen.
I have recently seen a movie with this actual reception.

Best Regards.

Cartaphilus

Re:

Post by Cartaphilus » 15 Nov 2011, 12:51

vox stellarum wrote:
Reception at the hall of the new Reichskanzlei. Reichsaussenminister Joachim v. Ribbentrop and Turkish Ambassador Mehmet Hamdi. And Adolf Hitler in case you didn't notice :)

Why Ribbentrop's insnignia shows any stars. It suposed that the arm insignia for Ministers had four stars.

Mark Costa

Re: Turk and Nazi diplomat in this picture! Who are they?

Post by Mark Costa » 15 Nov 2011, 14:39

Ribbentrop is wearing his first style "horsehoe" insignia for his rank. The Foreign Ministry no longer used the horseshoe starting in 1940 and it was then only used by the other Gov't Ministries. Ribbentrop had a special rank insignia designed after this version that included a globe and large eagle. He NEVER wore a horseshoe with 4 stars although technically as a Minister he could have.

Mark Costa

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”