Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Michael Miller » 03 Jun 2013, 16:57

Any questions?
Attachments
Not to be confused.jpg
Not to be confused.jpg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 17183 times

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 08 Jul 2013, 00:37

-I have found the promotions for one new ehemaligen Abzeichen stellverter Gauleiter!!!! However, the date is unclear??? It has to be (late 1936 or in 1937), because refernce was printed in (1937).

-Tragen der Uniform eines Politischen Leiters mit den fur Ausgeschiedene vorgeschriebenen Abzeichen:

A. Die Uniform mit den Abzeichen eines ehemaligen stell. Gauleiters: (Gau Mecklenburg) - Rudolf Schildmann

Pitino

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 08 Jul 2013, 03:07

An excellent find, Pitino, for which I am grateful.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 08 Jul 2013, 16:21

Michael Miller wrote:An excellent find, Pitino, for which I am grateful.

Best wishes,
~ Mike
Mike,
-This went along with Schildmann's award. These two were awarded on the same date, but I cannot see the date!

-Die Uniform mit den Abzeichen eines ehemaligen Hauptstellenleiters der Reichsleitung: (Reichsrechtsamt)- Dr. Reinhard Neubert.

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 08 Jul 2013, 23:06

Pitino wrote:-This is what my updated Honorary Gauleiter and Deputy Gauleiter list looks like!!! If anyone can add to the list or provide dates then please do so!!!

-Ehrenhalber/Ehemaligen Gauleiters- (Honorary/Former Gauleiters)
1. Herbert Albrecht
-( ??? )- Gauleiter z.b.V. (for special Duties) der Reichsleitung der NSDAP
2.Andreas Bolek
-( ??? )-
3.Walter Gottschalk
-( ??? )-
4.Theo Habicht
-(1933)- Gauleiter e.h. (ehrenhalber)
-(1933)- Gauleiter z.b.V. der Reichsleitung der NSDAP
5.Paul Hinkler
-(January 19,1931)- Gauleiter z.D. (at Disposal) der Reichsleitung der NSDAP
-(January 1939)- Gauleiter e.h. (Die Uniform mit den Abzeichen eines ehemaligen Gauleiters)
6.Josef Leopold
-( ??? )-
7.Alfred Proksch
-(July 1934)- Gauleiter e.h.
8.Josef Adamczyk
-( ??? )-
9.Bernhard Rust
-( ??? )-
10.Wilhelm Kube
-(January 26,1938)- Gauleiter e.h. (Die Uniform eines ehemaligen Gauleiters)
11.Walther von Corswant
-(1931)- Gauleiter z.b.V. der Reichsleitung der NSDAP
-(November 25,1939)- Gauleiter e.h. (Die Uniform mit den Abzeichen eines ehemaligen Gauleiters)
12.Hans Krebs
-(April 26,1938)- Gauleiter e.h. der NSDAP
13.Rudolf Jung
-(June 15,1938)- Gauleiter e.h. der NSDAP
14.Friedrich Ringhausen
-( ??? )-
15.Alfred Frauenfeld
-( ??? )-

-Possible Ehrenhalber/Ehemaligen Gauleiters:
1.Ernst Schlange
2.Julius Streicher
3.Hans Hohnfeldt

-Ehrenhalber/Ehemaligen Stellvertretenden Gauleiters- (Honorary/Former Deputy Gauleiters)
1.Dr. Karl Fritsch
-(January 1939)- Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h. (Gau Sachsen)
2.Karl Hermann Frank
-(November 25,1939)- Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h.
3.Walter Köhler
-(April 20,1939)- Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h. (Gau Baden)
4.Helmuth Friedrichs
-( ??? )-
5.Georg Weidenhofer
-(1936)- Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h.
6.Heinrich Reiner
-(July 1,1937)- Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h.
7.Hans Meinshausen
-( ??? )-
8.Max Koglmeier
-( ??? )-

-Possible Stellvertretenden Ehrenhalber/Ehemaligen Gauleiters:
1.Erich Schmiedicke
-(July 19,1934)- Appointed Stellvertretenden Gauleiter e.h. by Wilhelm Kube (Unsure if it was official)

Pitino

I can now confirm that Erich Schmiedicke was awarded the honor of stellv. Gauleiter e.h., but I do not have a date. It has to be in 1937 or sometime prior to 1937, because my reference was printed in (1937). He was awarded the honor at the same time that Paul Wichmann was awarded the Amtsleiter e.h. award. It looked like this:

-Tragen der Uniform eines Politischen Leiters mit den fur Ausgeschiedene vorgeschriebenen Abzeichen:
1. Die Uniform mit dem Abzeichen eines ehemaligen Amtsleiters der Reichsleitung: Paul Wichmann

2. Die Uniform mit den Abzeichen eines ehemaligen stellv. Gauleiters: (Gau Kurmark)- Erich Schmiedicke

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 14 Jul 2013, 18:17

-I can confirm that Schildmann's ehrenhalber stv. Gauleiter award took place in (1937) and to be more specific it was after (June 25, 1937). His application for the award was sent to the ROL-5 on (June 12, 1937). Then on (June 25, 1937) the Stab des StdF requested the records on the procedure and the decision of Schildmann's Obersten Parteigericht from (June 2, 1935). So, after deliberating on his Obersten Parteigericht trial nearly 2 years before, it looks as if the Stab des StdF finally ruled in his favor for the ehrenhabler stv. GL. award sometime after (June 25, 1937).

-Rudolf Schildmann-(awarded in 1937 but after June 25, 1937)- to stv. GL. e.h. (Gau Mecklenburg)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 11 Jan 2014, 17:04

-I have found a rather interesting transmission from Ley to the Stab des StdF on (January 4, 1940)!!!! Basically it is a transmission discussing the reorganization and recasting of various Gaues. First it talks about the incompatability of the Gauleiter's office with other offices within the Reich with the exception of Reichsstatthalter and Oberprasident posts. Basically, he is saying that being a Gauleiter and performing anothe duty like Reichskommissar is incompatible. Also, it provides Hitler's view on 1 Gauleiter guiding 2 Gauen to which his view is that it is impossible! Then, the part that I really liked is when Ley gives his proposals for the controlled and unoccupied Gauleiter posts at that time. Ley has to provide these suggestions under the direvtive of Hitler that no stellvertretenden or stellvertreter Gauleiter can become the Gauleiter of their present Gau. Leys suggestions looked like this:

-1. Delivery of Sud-Hannover-Braunschweig from Rust as Reichserziehungsminister to the present StGL von Hamburg, Henningsen. Also, suitable is the StGL Peper but not MPras. Klagges.

-2. Delivery of the Gau Westfalen- Sud from the GL von Schlesien und Preiskommisar J. Wagner to the StGL von Schlesien, Bracht.

-3. Delivery of either the Gau Saarpfalz from GL Burckel to the StGL von Muchen-Oberbayern, Nippold, or the Gau Wien from GL Burckel to the StGL von Saarpfalz, Leyser.

-4. As for the unoccupied Gau Karnten the proposal goes to the StGL von Koln-Aachen, Schaller.

-5. for Berlin an exception possibly in view of the same Sitzortes!!!! (unsure about this, but maybe talking about Goebbels functions as Gauleiter and Reichsminister)

-Pretty interesting stuff and I would like anyone to add to this!!!!!

-("Regesten", Heiber)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 26 Feb 2014, 04:08

-I found a very interesting transmission concerning 2 Austrian ehemaligen Gauleiters asking for the rank of Reichsleiter der NSDAP!!!! Apparently, on (August 6, 1936) ehemaligen osterreichischen Gauleiter Proksch and Habicht had put in for the vaunted Reichsleiterrang!!!! On (August 20, 1936), Bormann informed the two on Hitlers decision concerning former Austrian Political Leaders. Hitlers decision was this: Since the closure of Landesleitung osterreich and the osterreichischen Gauleitungen these party members and all other party members will "only have the status of former political leaders" Also, Hitler refused outright the right to Reichsleiterrang to party members Proksch and Habicht. Then it referred to some (June 13, 1936) date for ehemaligen osterreichischen and Reichsdeutschen Politischen leiters as the valid reason. Unsure what that date means for Austrian and Reich Proper Political LEADERS. Anyone know???? Pretty interesting!!!!

-"Regesten, Volume 2""

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 26 Feb 2014, 16:18

Anyone know anything?????
Pitino wrote:-I found a very interesting transmission concerning 2 Austrian ehemaligen Gauleiters asking for the rank of Reichsleiter der NSDAP!!!! Apparently, on (August 6, 1936) ehemaligen osterreichischen Gauleiter Proksch and Habicht had put in for the vaunted Reichsleiterrang!!!! On (August 20, 1936), Bormann informed the two on Hitlers decision concerning former Austrian Political Leaders. Hitlers decision was this: Since the closure of Landesleitung osterreich and the osterreichischen Gauleitungen these party members and all other party members will "only have the status of former political leaders" Also, Hitler refused outright the right to Reichsleiterrang to party members Proksch and Habicht. Then it referred to some (June 13, 1936) date for ehemaligen osterreichischen and Reichsdeutschen Politischen leiters as the valid reason. Unsure what that date means for Austrian and Reich Proper Political LEADERS. Anyone know???? Pretty interesting!!!!

-"Regesten, Volume 2""

Pitino

BG21

Post by BG21 » 16 Jun 2014, 09:07

I have several interrelated topics concerning the governing in Köln, Koblenz, Neuwied from 1942-1944.

First, who was Neuwied's Bürgermeister in October 44'?

Next, who was the Oberfinanzpräsident in Köln in June 1943?

What is a Zollininspektor? and who held that position in Köln/Koblenz in February 1943?

My document mentions Metternich, which I know is a famous "house" in mid 1800s with Heinrich von Metternich and also my document mentions Kreis Mayen, which I know means 'district Mayen'.

Thanks for any help,
Bryan

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 15 Apr 2015, 14:16

Hello Bryan,

Burgermeister Neuwied : Haupt
Oberfinanzpräsident Köln : Dr. Kühne

(source Taschenbuch für Verwaltungsbeamte 1942 and 1943)

Zollinspektor is an civil servant executive rank (not senior executive) in customs administration. He could have served in Zollamt of the Landkreis Mayen (part of Regierungsbezirk Koblenz)

Georges

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 23 Jan 2016, 01:51

I have a 1934 book named "Zentralblatt der Bauverwaltung, Volume 54" from 1934 and it states this:

...stellvertretende Gauleiter Dr. von Grunberg.

Later in the sentence it referes to Gau Ostpreussen. Can anyone tell me if Stv. GL. Grossherr went on leave for awhile during 1934 to warrant Dr. von Grunberg having this title or has anyone ever seen this man listed as a deputy Gauleiter in the past????

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 26 Jan 2016, 20:14

After much research I have found the appointment date for Rudolf Schildmann to ehrenhalber stellv. GL!!!!!

-Rudolf Schildmann (Gau Mecklenburg) die Uniform mit dem Abzeichen eines ehemaligen stellv. Gauleiter.

Munchen, den 29. August 1937 Adolf Hitler

Pitino
Last edited by Pitino on 27 Jan 2016, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 26 Jan 2016, 20:31

Rudolf Schildmann born 12.10.1902 at Gnoien.
+ 1987
Schmiedemeister
Bezirksleiter then Kreisleiter der NSDAP Kreis Malchin 1932/1933
1.6.1933 - marz 1935 Stell. Gauleiter Mecklenburg LÜbeck
1932 1933 MdLandstag Mecklemburg-Schwerin
1933 - 1936 MdR
Editor of the Niederdeutscher Beobachter at Schwerin

Georges

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 27 Jan 2016, 02:49

-I also have found the appointment date for Georg Weidenhofer to ehrenhalber stellv. GL!!

Georg Weidenhofer (Gau Ost Hannover) die Uniform mit dem Abzeichen eines ehemaligen stellv. Gauleiters.

Munchen, den 1. Mai 1937 Adolf Hitler

Pitino

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”