Martin Bormann's Family... Tracing my family tree

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
uhu

Re: Martin Bormann's Family... Tracing my family tree

Post by uhu » 01 Apr 2014, 21:12

Find the town they were born in. Find out the religion and then ask the chuch for information and family tree. Then search the relatives until you find one that is doing, or knows, the family history. Many of the towns have a written history of the town, who lived there and when, who is related to who. Those books are also a good starting point. These things will all take time, there is no quick way to do it. go to Amazon.de and in book search put in "Heimatbuch (name of Town)" Here's a sample,

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_ ... +cannstadt

Jbormann

Re: Martin Bormann's Family... Tracing my family tree

Post by Jbormann » 05 Jun 2018, 17:18

LadyDi99610 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Martin Bormann's youngest sons and daughters: Fred Harmut (1942), Volker (1943), Eva Ute (1940) and Girda (194?). Are any of his children still alive, and does anyone have contact information. Is it possible to match DNA to determine lineage in the Bormann family? A possible family member has some unanswered questions. If Martin Bormann's wife took 8 children with her (out of 10 children, minus one that appears to have died right after or during birth, what happened to the 9th one not taken with his wife? Does anyone know the names of the ones she took with her??? Or the fate of the 9th child. Does anyone recall a child named "Eric", possibly a bastard child of Bormann's?

Actually, Eric is my dad! We live in Illinois and he is the son of Dorothy and Gerald Bormann so not the son of Martin, the great great great (kinda guessing) grandson of him!
JLBornman wrote:
nathan1987 wrote:Hi guys,
I am wanting to find out all I can about the family of Martin Bormann/JR, Albert Bormann etc.
I was wondering if anyone had any info on his brothers and sisters and what their names and last places of residence are.. ?
This may come as a bit of a shock but I believe I am the great grandson of one of the Bormann brother/s, possibly Albert. I am trying my hardest to trace my family tree since my grandma and my great grandma have past away.
I know very little about my mothers side of the family as her family was German and she was raised in Britain too.
Any information atall on any of the family members would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Hi Albert,
I am Jennifer, I am a Bormann (Bornman-US Spelling). Martin is related on my father's side, a great great grandfather of mine. I am trying to learn just like you! I was born and raised in the US.
Please feel free to contact me with any info you have. Id love to learn more about family history!
miceal123 wrote:there has been a recent developement regarding family of Martin Bormann, is it possible for me to post my email address here ?.
JLBornman wrote:
nathan1987 wrote:Hi guys,
I am wanting to find out all I can about the family of Martin Bormann/JR, Albert Bormann etc.
I was wondering if anyone had any info on his brothers and sisters and what their names and last places of residence are.. ?
This may come as a bit of a shock but I believe I am the great grandson of one of the Bormann brother/s, possibly Albert. I am trying my hardest to trace my family tree since my grandma and my great grandma have past away.
I know very little about my mothers side of the family as her family was German and she was raised in Britain too.
Any information atall on any of the family members would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Hi Albert,
I am Jennifer, I am a Bormann (Bornman-US Spelling). Martin is related on my father's side, a great great grandfather of mine. I am trying to learn just like you! I was born and raised in the US.
Please feel free to contact me with any info you have. Id love to learn more about family history!

I live in the us and we still spell it Bormann, but my father has a book of his family history so if you’d like I can send you pictures if you contact me at [email protected]

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”