The single "S" (siegrune) of Hitlerjugend?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Arto O

The single "S" (siegrune) of Hitlerjugend?

Post by Arto O » 08 Sep 2011, 08:49

Hi,
The SS organization had double SS (siegrunen) as their their symbol, as a resemble with the letters of SS. But why Hitlerjugend got their simple "S"?
Arto

coburg22

Re: The single "S" (siegrune) of Hitlerjugend?

Post by coburg22 » 09 Sep 2011, 04:13

My guess would be that the SS in the pre-war days was considered a racially pure organization and the "Imperial Guards" of the Führer and the movement. With this being the case, it would be inspiring for any young member of the HJ to someday join the SS and may have adopted this symbol from the SS. It only reinforces this fact when you consider the close bond between the Hitlerjugend and Leibstandarte W-SS Divisions. I may be totally wrong but you never know as that one is left for the HJ Cloth experts and/or Historians.

Best,

James

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 09 Sep 2011, 04:45

Thanks James,
Now as you mention this, I think that I red something similar. It makes sense.
Arto

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 09 Sep 2011, 05:01

The Hitler Jugend had not a "S", their symbol was the "HJ" letters.

The organization with one "S" was the "Jungvolk", the JV was a organization of the HJ but the S only belong to the JV.

Image from a Organizationbuch der NSDAP.
Attachments
HJ y JV.jpg
HJ y JV.jpg (99.89 KiB) Viewed 2685 times

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 09 Sep 2011, 05:09

Thanks for the correction Helly regarding the symbol belonging to the DJ rather than the HJ, it still does not explain the backround of the single Siegrunen.

Best,

James

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 09 Sep 2011, 05:29

Hi,
Maybe without thinking/checking well, I made the question in base of the symbol of 12nd SS Division "Hitlerjugend": single "S" with the key of LAH. Now I still cannot understand, what was then the symbol of Hitlerjugend? The swastica with white/red base? And if the single "S" was the symbol of Jugendvolk. Why this was chosen to 12th Division?
Cheers
Arto

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 09 Sep 2011, 05:30

Nein. Is just the nordic rune "Sigel", "Sowilo" or "Sol" from the Young Futhark and was created to the SS and Jungvolk by Karl Maria Wiligut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sowil%C5%8D

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 09 Sep 2011, 05:33

The simbol of the WSS 12D-HJ, was the rune Sigel with the simbol: key "Dietrich" as the meaning is "the competition" or the best players in a competition.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 09 Sep 2011, 05:47

Thanks Helly,
It is coming late, so I read tomorrow the web site with better concentration.
Saludos a Venezuela.
Arto

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 09 Sep 2011, 07:32

Friend Arto!!!!

In this moment, just in this moment... I saw the flag of your country and I discover your are one of my brothers!!! Our fathers are the same Simón Bolivar and Antonio José de Sucre!!!!
Saludos a Perú!
Tomorrow I will explain about the runes but in spanish please... english kill me!!!! hahaha

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 11 Sep 2011, 03:34

Hi,
The internet is playing with me, okei it is saturday evening, so conexion is busy.
Helly, thanks for the explination. The runes are more complicated than I thought.
Yes, I live in Peru, but I am not a peruvian, but a finn, living here for 25 years. But nowadays I identify myself more a peruvian than a finnish. Here is my family (peruvians), home and work. Peru and South America are beautiful and interesting country and continent. One day I hope to visit Venezuela.
For me it would be more easy to write in spanish than english, but we know the rules.
Okei, you can explain about the runes in spanish, but we need to translate it.
Saludos.
Arto or Arturo as they call me here

eligius

Post by eligius » 07 Feb 2013, 11:51

Very old thread I know but the Deutsches Jungvolk was an independent organisation that eventually became incorporated into the Hitler Youth in 1931. This is often overlooked. Before incorporation the organisational symbol of the Deutsches Jungvolk was the silver sigrune on black:

"The movements flag was black with a silver Sigrune and the Jungvolk slogan was "For the Reich and for truth"

Link to original:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f48/hi ... volk-4905/

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”