Hitler's love child?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
john2

Hitler's love child?

Post by john2 » 18 Feb 2012, 04:44

Marcus

Re: Hitler's love child?

Post by Marcus » 18 Feb 2012, 18:06

Isn't this the same claim that was disproved with a DNA test?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marie_Loret#The_mystery_unveiled wrote:In 2008, the Belgian journalist Jean-Paul Mulders found the definitive solution to this enigma. He traveled to Germany, Austria, France and the United States to collect DNA of the Lorets and of the last living relatives of Hitler in Austria and on Long Island. By comparing this, Mulders could prove that Jean-Marie Loret was not the son of Adolf Hitler.
The results of his research were published in Het Laatste Nieuws, Belgium's largest newspaper. In February 2009 a book on this subject has been published by Herbig Verlag in Munich: Auf der Suche nach Hitlers Sohn - Eine Beweisaufnahme. The news was picked-up by several international media, including Daily Mail, USA Today, Bild, Hürriyet and China Daily.
/Marcus

john2

Post by john2 » 18 Feb 2012, 18:25

If it was already proven wrong I wonder why it is being brought up again? The article mentioned nothing of a dna test.

Keir

Post by Keir » 19 Feb 2012, 10:24

I'm reading about this now in the Daily Telegraph. Nothing about any DNA test, but rather the mother holding out the possibility that the son could gain from the royalties to Mein Kampf. The whole story is nonsensical. Consider what she says:
"When your father was around, which was very rarely, he liked to take me for walks in the countryside. But these walks usually ended badly. In fact, your father, inspired by nature, launched into speeches which I did not really understand. "He did not speak French, but solely ranted in German, talking to an imaginary audience. Even if I spoke German I would not be able to follow him, as the histories of Prussia, Austria and Bavaria where not familiar to me at all, far from it."
But amidst the millions of troops involved on the Western Front, she now identifies him as Hitler!

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 20 Feb 2012, 00:19

According to the article linked by the OP, she was allegedly receiving financial assistance from the Nazi government, and following her death long, long ago painting allegedly painted and signed by AH were found in her home.
Keir wrote:But amidst the millions of troops involved on the Western Front, she now identifies him as Hitler!
What I'd like to know is what are the chances of finding a copy of Loret's and/or Mulder's book?

Harro

Post by Harro » 20 Feb 2012, 09:52

Roger Moorhouse wrote:Come on media, let's get serious. The Hitler "love child" story is neither new nor credible - just a hoary old hoax #hitlerlovechild

Stevens25

Post by Stevens25 » 23 Feb 2012, 05:27

This kinda stuff cracks me up. Someone is always trying to dig up new dirt on Adolf Hitler and most of the time it's just to try and sell a book. People have claimed that the Fuhrer was everything from gay,black,jewish,had a love child,was an alien;etc,etc... Jeez. lol It never ends.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 09 Mar 2012, 02:37

Everything we know about Hitler as a young man, from persons who knew him personally before the First World War and during it, suggest that he did not have any sexual relations with women. That was one of the main things that caused those who knew him to consider him unusual and rather eccentric, bordering on abnormality.

For him to have had a relationship with a French woman, and to have fathered a child by her, would therefore have been entirely out of character.

Biographers of Hitler seem to consider that his libido was entirely sublimated into a drive for power, which consumed all his energy and left him indifferent toward women, except as flatterers of his ego after he became famous.

Godson

Post by Godson » 12 Mar 2012, 18:13

While Hitler definitely became a sexual deviant later in life, I see no reason why a healthy young male, albeit one with only a single testicle, could not have fathered a child under those conditions. If it turns out through DNA testing that he did not, then the logical conclusion is that the woman in the case either believed he was the father or chose to name him as the father for reasons of sentiment, material advantage, or both. Hitler seems to have accepted the story, so he obviously had some contact with the woman during WWI which others could corroborate to some extent. Otherwise he would have risked making a fool of himself at a time when he could hardly afford to do so after the scandal of Geli Raubel's suicide and his perverse interest in her.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 12 Mar 2012, 23:55

While Hitler definitely became a sexual deviant later in life,

Evidence?

I mean real evidence, not the obscene rantings of Otto Strasser and Putzi Hanfstaengl playing up to a dubious Jewish psychobabbler.

Those who knew him closely generally regarded him as asexual, a person with little interest in sexual activity of any sort.
albeit one with only a single testicle
Evidence?

There are extant records of medical examinations of Hitler which do not reveal any physical abnormality such as the one claimed by Godson.
Hitler seems to have accepted the story
Evidence?
the scandal of Geli Raubel's suicide and his perverse interest in her.
Evidence for a perverse interest? Other than the obscene rantings of Strasser and Hanfstaengl (see above).

Geli Raubal seems to have played the role of a daughter substitute for Hitler, and he acted very much as a jealous and possessive father, stopping her from forming relationships with young men whom he regarded as unsuitable.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 14 Mar 2012, 06:54

1)
"Eberle and Neumann were unable to find any evidence that Hitler was missing a testicle or that his penis was deformed after allegedly being bitten by a goat in his younger days."

source: http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... -2,00.html

2)
I guess you didn't read the second post in this thread, then...
Godson wrote:While Hitler definitely became a sexual deviant later in life, I see no reason why a healthy young male, albeit one with only a single testicle, could not have fathered a child under those conditions. If it turns out through DNA testing that he did not, then the logical conclusion is that the woman in the case either believed he was the father or chose to name him as the father for reasons of sentiment, material advantage, or both. Hitler seems to have accepted the story, so he obviously had some contact with the woman during WWI which others could corroborate to some extent. Otherwise he would have risked making a fool of himself at a time when he could hardly afford to do so after the scandal of Geli Raubel's suicide and his perverse interest in her.
[/b][/b]

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 03 Mar 2014, 17:37

In a related note, now closed and moved to this thread, Jim S writes:

"Hitler's son?

"Post Number:#1 Postby Jim S on 01 Mar 2014, 09:49
"I'm reading "With Hitler to the End" by Heinz Linge, Hitler's valet. In it he says Hitler had a son named Jean Marie with a woman named Charlotte Lobjoie. This boy was supposed to have been born in March 1918. Is this possible?"

I recall my surprise when I was reading Heinz Linge's book a few years ago and came across his statement above. It was the first instance I could recall reading the words of a Nazi from Hitler's 'Inner Circle' supposedly having referred to this illegitimate child. I dismissed it at the time I read it, but it does belong here in this thread!

Br. James

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 12 Mar 2015, 07:53

What struck me most about this story was the fact that after Charlotte passed away, her son Jean-Marie discovered in his mothers attic a painting signed by A.H which depicted a rural woman that strickingly resembled his mother. This in my opinion strengthens her claim considerably.

Another thing that caught my attention was the statement made by Charlotte's sister Alice Lobjoie who stated that her sister had indeed entertained a love relationship with a German soldier, but she disputed vehemently that this soldier had been Adolf Hitler. She stated that she could remember the man's face quite well and knew that this face had no resemblance to Hitler's.

Admittedly I must agree that Hitler did not physically look anything like he did in his later years. Frankly put I would have never recognized him from those WWI photos either.

sandeepmukherjee196

Post by sandeepmukherjee196 » 12 Mar 2015, 13:48

Godson wrote:While Hitler definitely became a sexual deviant later in life, I see no reason why a healthy young male, albeit one with only a single testicle, could not have fathered a child under those conditions. If it turns out through DNA testing that he did not, then the logical conclusion is that the woman in the case either believed he was the father or chose to name him as the father for reasons of sentiment, material advantage, or both. Hitler seems to have accepted the story, so he obviously had some contact with the woman during WWI which others could corroborate to some extent. Otherwise he would have risked making a fool of himself at a time when he could hardly afford to do so after the scandal of Geli Raubel's suicide and his perverse interest in her.

What exactly do you mean by "sexual deviant". Pray tell me recorded instances of his sexual deviancy. ....apart from the wild demonisation stuff usually thrown at him.

Hitler did have an affair with Geli Raubal..but how is that deviancy? It may be considered improper by conservative, church or feminist standards.. even by the Taliban ! At least it is known and talked about..many many European aristocrats / Royals conducted these things .. in fact things actually deviant ..under the wraps that never came out. Insiders stated that his feelings for Geli were more intense than what he had for Eva later. No one was ever allowed to enter Geli's room in his house after her death.

Hitler was like a mega star in the western world for some time. Many women admired him and some threw themselves at him. He is never known to have taken any sexual advantage of this situation. Just imagine other powerful western leaders..with even a shadow of Hitler's power..what he may have done in a totalitarian regime! Or even in a "democratic regime" for that matter !

Hitler's interest in sex waned over the years. But he was not asexual as some claim. Eva Braun procured pills for retarding the menstrual cycle when he was around..like many girl friends do whose partners' travelling / work schedule doesnt give them a lot of opportunity for sex whenever they want. But Hitler considered even normal libido levels as "over sexed" . He is known to have lightly remarked about the insatiable sexual appetites of women !

However all said and done, it is possible that he had a love child during WW I. He was not asexual, this wouldn't amount to bizarre behaviour under the circumstances.

Ciao
Sandeep

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 30 Mar 2015, 03:37

I got a copy of the German translation - not sure why I could the last time I posted. There's not much to the book, a very quick read. After my first reading, a few minor errors (by the translator ?):

1) Hitler's rank in WWI is given as "Feldwebel"

2) During WWI Hitler served under "Kapitän Schuh"

Also, "Loret"'s DNA is based on the fact that the 20+ year-old letters are authentic and that he without a doubt he himself licked the stamps. Sorry, but I wouldn't consider that 100% certainty...

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”