Goebbels, Van de Wiele and Degrelle

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
-Michael

Goebbels, Van de Wiele and Degrelle

Post by -Michael » 11 May 2014, 13:47

In December of 1944 a meeting took place in Berlin between Reichsminister Dr. Goebbels and the Flemish and Walloon representatives SS-Sturmbannführer Dr. Jef Van de Wiele and SS-Sturmbannführer Léon Degrelle.
Now I am looking for the exact date of this meeting and more details. The RMVP is not really my area of interest, so I don’t know where to look for information.

Thanks,
Michaël

Halfdan S.

Re: Goebbels, Van de Wiele and Degrelle

Post by Halfdan S. » 11 May 2014, 14:06

Hi Michaël,

I just had a look in Joseph Goebbels Tagebücher, edited by Ralf Georg Reuth - the last meeting between Dr. Goebbels and Degrelle mentioned is a february 1944-meeting (Dr. van de Wiele its not mentioned).

I don't have it myself, but if I was you I would have a look in the diaries published by Institut für Zeitgeschichte. If no luck I would have a look at the old editions of the Reich, Völkischer Beobachter or other newspapers where Dr. Goebbels regularly had his articles etc. published.

Best
Halfdan S.

Boby

Post by Boby » 11 May 2014, 15:40

van de Wiele is not mentioned in Goebbels diary. Degrelle is last mentioned on 30 December 1944 (perhaps it was the meeting you are referring).

http://www.degruyter.com/view/db/tjgo

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 18 May 2014, 23:23

Thank you very much for your quick replies!

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 23 Jul 2015, 12:21

I found a note concerning the meeting between Goebbels and Van der ..., most likely Jef Van de Wiele.
p. 588
„Mit dem Flamenführer van der [ ] habe ich eine längere Unterredung. Er macht auf mich einen guten und energischen Eindruck. Er vertritt den Standpunkt, daß der großflämische Raum einmal zum deutschen Reichsgebiet hinzutreten muß. Er sieht jetzt seine Aufgabe darin, die in Deutschland lebenden Flamen für den Arbeitseinsatz oder für den Einsatz an der Front auszurichten und zu erziehen. Sonst aber will er in das flämische Volk eine Propaganda betreiben, die vorerst alle kritischen Probleme ausschaltet. Es soll also weniger von Belgien und weniger von der Wallonie oder von Flandern die Rede sein als vielmehr vom großdeutschen Kampf um die Neugestaltung Europas.“

https://books.google.be/books?hl=nl&id= ... amenführer

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 23 Jul 2015, 12:32

But I'm still looking for the date and the location of this meeting.

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 31 Jul 2015, 15:20

Hello, in a recently published book (in Dutch) titled: "Gasten van de Führer" (The Führers Guests) by Rosine De Dijn (Editions Manteau - 2014), the author states on page 180:

"Nadat Van de Wiele op 15 december [1944] door Von Ribbentrop officieel was ontvangen in Berlijn en tot hoofd van het Vlaamse bevrijdingscomité was aangesteld,..."
Translated as: "After Van de Wiele offcially was met on December 15th [1944] by Von Ribbentrop in Berlin, and also was appointed as the Chief of the Liberation Committee for Flanders,..."

The author does not mention Goebbels nor Degrelle. but I guess the meeting you are interested in, took place at the same day.

Regards - Martin
FHQu "Wehrwolf"

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 07 Aug 2015, 12:27

Hallo Martinski,
I know about the meeting Van de Wiele-von Ribbentrop, why would the meeting Van de Wiele-Goebbels have taken place on the same date?

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”