Reporter looking for details about Julius Streicher capture

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
kduffin

Reporter looking for details about Julius Streicher capture

Post by kduffin » 13 Jun 2016, 18:32

I'm a reporter / producer at a radio show called This American Life, working on a story about WWII! I've been working with a source who has a different account of Julius Streicher's capture than the official one (http://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/irn506763), so I'm trying to find out more information and looking for ways to cross-check it.

Curious if anyone here has studied (or know someone who has, knows of documents, etc.)...
- Julius Streicher?
- the 101st Airborne – and knows if anyone who was in it in 1945 in particular (earlier/later is fine too) is still alive?
- Henry Plitt (the man who brought Streicher in)?
- the capture of Nazi officials at the end of the war, and might be able to help me figure out how to triangulate not just the official account of these kinds of things, but less official ones?

Any pointers any of you might be able to offer, I'd be so grateful! I can be reached at [email protected]. Huge thanks!

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”