Kanzlei des Führers

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
PetraOle

Re: Kanzlei des Führers

Post by PetraOle » 26 Oct 2012, 08:52

Can anyone supply a picture, or more information on Hauptamt III Gnadenamt für Parteiangelegenheiten: Oberdienstleiter Hubert Berkenkamp - also he was SS Obersturmbannfurher. He disappears from the Chancellery in 1941 - supposedly died? or killed? - at 38? He was replaced by Hauptstellenleiter Kurt Giese. He was a distant relative.

pdahlke

Re: Kanzlei des Führers/ Hubert Berkenkamp

Post by pdahlke » 10 Jul 2014, 18:51

10/7/2014
Hello !
To my surprise I just found your - somewhat dated - call for information on Hubert Berkenkamp.
I too am searching. Let me explain:
My search started with a childhood memory: a sunny day in spring, a garden, the smell of pine - and suddenly a dogbite, my left knee, one of those degenerate foxterriers!
I was five and a bit at the time - Spring 1941, in Berlin, Grunewald [which gives you an idea of my age..]. So a lot of screaming - exited adults etc etc. All forgotten for many years to come. Until, about age 20 or so, I mentioned the incident to my mother and asked for details. She said that it had occurred at the house of an old acquaintance of my parents. And she added that later that year [1941] he had been found shot dead at his house, "suicide" was the official story. Friends, however, doubted the story and there were rumours that he had had 'friendly contacts' to people at the American embassy. Also, two bullets in the head did not support the official story, even when allowing for German efficiency. My mother had mentioned Berkenkamp by name but over the years I forgot it, until I read a biography of my father [adoptive] which was published last year. Refernce is made to personal notes. Among them a chance encounter on the Kurfuerstendamm, Berlin, with Hubert Berkenkamp, after many years. They had been schoolmates and now began to keep in touch, thus my encounter in Berkenkamp's garden. That's how far I got.
I have looked through records - such as they are - at the German Historical Society in London but not come across more information or even a photo.
So, I wish you good luck! And, just in case, here is my email : [email protected]
Kind regards
Peter Dahlke

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”