Hitler's land in US

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Mike R

Hitler's land in US

Post by Mike R » 24 Sep 2002, 21:36

I've heard that Hitler owned a bit of land in the US. Is this true? If so, where was it and how did he get it? what happened to it during/after the war?

-Mike

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 24 Sep 2002, 22:05

I have heard he owned 9,000 acres in Coldarado. Here is something that might interest you:

Mein Mercedes-Benz

A man purchased over 100 acres of land in Colorado. On the land stood a house and one very old, run-down barn. The man selling the land didn't want to deal with cleaning the barn out, so in the price of the sale was included all the contents of the barn.

After the deal had been finalized the man began going through all the old things in the barn. He found countless old bottles, furniture and tools. Deep in the back of the barn he found a tarp covering what looked to be an old car. He pulled the cover off and found a very old Mercedes-Benz, 1939 to be exact.

The first thing he did was call the previous owner to the land and ask him about the car. The old owner told him that the car was a piece of junk, and that he never got around to selling it for scrap. He then signed over the title to the new land owner. The first order of buisness was to get it out of the barn and possibly restored.

To register the car he had to present an ownership history. Upon researching the history of the car, he made an astonishing discovery. The car had been shipped to America and put in storage before it was sold to the grandfather of the man who owned the land.

Who shipped it to America? Who was the original owner of this Benz?

None other than Adolf Hitler. Once this discovery got back to Mercedes-Benz, they offered the man $3 million dollars for the classic car of an evil dictator.
True or Not? I do not know yet, I will research this though and let you know, I will try to tap into the Land Records Information system for Colorado, not sure if they are all online yet.

Sam H.

Post by Sam H. » 25 Sep 2002, 22:50

I recall a special on TV ... might have been the history channel, in which several of Hitlers decedants (cousins I believe - all were brothers), worked and lived their lives in New Jersey(?)

Wish I could recall the details. The brothers made a pact never to marry or father children so that Hitlers blood line would end.

Could it have been one of Hitler's decendants/extended family that owned the property?

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 25 Sep 2002, 22:53

Well the strongest evidence will be in the Land Records of Colorado, unfortunately they do not have the database online yet. So one would have to write to them and inquire about it.

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 25 Sep 2002, 23:14

Sam H. wrote:Wish I could recall the details. The brothers made a pact never to marry or father children so that Hitlers blood line would end.
This is the family featured in David Gardner's book "Last of the Hitlers" and has been discussed at:

http://thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4922
Sam H. wrote:Could it have been one of Hitler's decendants/extended family that owned the property?
It seems unlikey since the Stewart-Houstons took great pains to leave their Hitler associations behind. More likely the car, if the story and the Hitler link is true, was shipped back as war booty by some acquisitive GI.

Cheers,

K.
--
Ken Cocker, London

Geli

Post by Geli » 29 Sep 2002, 02:03

When I lived in L.A., I was working at an old film archive, and I happened to come across some newreel footage of Hitler's trip to America. He indeed went to Colorado, and the footage shows him driving around in a '39 Mercedes with a real estate agent.

I also have a bridge for sale in New York City. Anyone interested?

Dan

Post by Dan » 29 Sep 2002, 03:25

Did you guys see the Simpsons episode where they had Hitler's car? The salesman said Hitler's corps might be in the trunk, but he was too busy to look. Bart wrecked it, and Muntz hit him, and said "You wrecked Hitler's car, and what did he ever do to you?"

I wonder about the Merc in the barn, did it have farfegnungen?

Phil V

Post by Phil V » 29 Sep 2002, 06:07

Geli wrote :
I also have a bridge for sale in New York City. Anyone interested?
Will swap you my (authentic) Hitler's diary and 100 grams of his crushed skull for your bridge.

:wink:

ronsacre

Re: Hitler's land in US

Post by ronsacre » 05 May 2010, 18:27

Facts about the states, second edition, under Colorado facts:" At the outbreak of World War 2, Adolf Hitler was the owner of 8960 acres of prime Colorado grazing land. He never visited the site."

Mike R

Re: Hitler's land in US

Post by Mike R » 12 Aug 2021, 19:59

:D Following up on my post from 19 years ago, thanks for the responses! Maybe Mark Felton will do a video on it sometime, just watched his video about what happened to Hitler's personal fortune.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”