Ernst Röhm

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
DallasGuy

Ernst Röhm

Post by DallasGuy » 26 Jul 2005, 21:51

Does anyone have any information on Ernst Röhm during his time in Bolivia...I believe training the Bolivian army?

GMB

Post by GMB » 27 Jul 2005, 09:14

Hi,

Ernst (Julius) Röhm was indeed trainer in the bolivian Army from 1928-1930 until Hitler called him back in September 1930. He was btw called to bolivia by the german General Hans Kundt to become military instructor in the time before the "Chaco-war". His rank in Bolivia was "Oberstleutnant", while he was Hauptmann in the imperial army.

I hope this helps a bit, although its not that much info.

Regards

GMB

DallasGuy

Thanks for the correction

Post by DallasGuy » 27 Jul 2005, 23:27

Someone changed the original "subject" of this thread...for the better I might add. I initially spelled his last name "Rohn". Today I found the spelling corrected, and with the "Umlaut" added. The misspell was a goof on my part. The Umlaut I do not have on my keyboard.

Thanks.

[Moderator's note: Whenever I need an Umlaut for the subject line, I copy it from elsewhere on the forum and paste it there. For Umlauts within the text box, click on one of the four "Special Characters" to the left of the box (ß ü ä ö). These only give lower-case Umlauted letters; not sure what to do when one needs upper case / Mike Miller]

Cristiano de S.O Campos

photo

Post by Cristiano de S.O Campos » 21 Oct 2005, 21:50

I have a photo of rohm with Bolivian officer is railway station in La Paz, Bolivia.I attach soon.

Rohm not like La Paz, because he is not found homossexuals, he is writing this in a letter for Germany.

Cristiano.

R.M. Schultz

Re: Thanks for the correction

Post by R.M. Schultz » 24 Oct 2005, 19:31

Mike Miller wrote:[Moderator's note: Whenever I need an Umlaut for the subject line, I copy it from elsewhere on the forum and paste it there. For Umlauts within the text box, click on one of the four "Special Characters" to the left of the box (ß ü ä ö). These only give lower-case Umlauted letters; not sure what to do when one needs upper case.
On a Mac, to make an umlaut, one hits option and "u" simultaniously, and then hits the letter one needs. This doesn't work for all letters, but it does work for ü ï ö and ä. It also works for capitals.

Similarly ß is made by hitting option and "s" simultaniously.

Haven

Re: Ernst Röhm

Post by Haven » 03 Oct 2015, 07:35

Ernst Röhm versus General Hans Kundt in Bolivia, 1929–30? The Curious Incident
Eleanor Hancock⇓

University of New South Wales@ADFA, Australia
Eleanor Hancock, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of New South Wales@ADFA, Australian Defence Force Academy, Northcott Drive, Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia. Email: [email protected]
Abstract

The role of German officers in the Bolivian military was domestically and internationally controversial in the interwar period. The most prominent of these officers, General Hans Kundt, played a major role in Bolivian history and politics. From 1929–30 the later Nazi leader Ernst Röhm was a military adviser in Bolivia. Historians of Bolivia have suggested that Röhm was the major force behind a coup that took place in Bolivia in June 1930. This article demonstrates that there is no credible evidence to support these claims. The claims are based on a misconception of Röhm’s politics and political activities in Germany. Röhm’s lack of political activity in Bolivia is further evidence that he was not the revolutionary figure many historians have suggested.

http://jch.sagepub.com/content/47/4/691.abstract?rss=1

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”