Walther Hewel and wife?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
olafbrandt
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Oct 2005 13:06
Location: California

Walther Hewel and wife?

Postby olafbrandt » 06 Nov 2005 20:58

I have a pretty good picture of Walther Hewel that I have posted here. I believe the lady on his arm is his wife Blanda Elisabeth? Can anyone confirm this or provide more background on her? I think the photograph was taken at their house but don't know the year.

Olaf Brandt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roderick
Member
Posts: 638
Joined: 19 May 2003 13:48
Location: Brazil

Postby Roderick » 06 Nov 2005 23:44

I presume until 1943 Hewel was bachelor so maybe this photo is from Jan - Jun 1944.

Roderick

Max Williams
Member
Posts: 9358
Joined: 04 Feb 2003 16:57
Location: London

Postby Max Williams » 07 Nov 2005 10:55

I'm afraid I don't know what his wife looked like.
Anyway, what an excellent photograph; one I have not seen before. Thank you for posting it.
Max.

User avatar
Cor
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: 08 Sep 2004 14:59
Location: Netherlands

Postby Cor » 10 Nov 2005 23:03

It's strange he commit suicide in 1945 in Berlin, he was no warcriminal. Why did he commit suicide?

User avatar
Michael Miller
Forum Staff
Posts: 7152
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 22:05
Location: California

Postby Michael Miller » 11 Nov 2005 00:06

Some committed suicide not out of fear of prosecution, but because the end of the Third Reich caused them complete desperation. Many of those who rose to positions of prominence in the Nazi regime were men of weak character who could not face life when their Führer ended his. Others feared what might become of them (torture and execution) if the Soviets got their hands on them, whether they had any war crimes on their conscience or not. Hewel was an alte Kämpfer who had served the Nazi movement as far back as the München Putsch, so it is possible he felt it impossible to go on living. But I'm just speculating here.

Best,
~ Mike

User avatar
VON THERMANN
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: 27 Oct 2004 20:41
Location: ARGENTINA

Postby VON THERMANN » 15 Dec 2005 15:45

excuseme, but hewel not married........or yes?
he never was married

User avatar
Chuck_jm
Member
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Oct 2002 03:12
Location: Good old Mexico

Postby Chuck_jm » 15 Dec 2005 16:28

I knew nothing about him until watching Der Untergang.
In the movie he says Hitler himself told him to end his life if the war was lost, possibly to avoid interrogation or just loyalty to Hitler.

Chuck/

Phil Nix
In memoriam
Posts: 9491
Joined: 15 Oct 2002 10:52
Location: Birmingham England

Postby Phil Nix » 16 Dec 2005 13:07

VON THERMANN wrote:excuseme, but hewel not married........or yes?
he never was married

He married Ilse Todt the daughter of the late Dr Fritz Todt late in 1944
Phil Nix

mjölnir
Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 18 Aug 2004 14:22
Location: Deutschland

Postby mjölnir » 18 Jan 2006 14:13

Hello Phil!
I have read the book of von Below "Als Hitlers Adjutant 1937 - 1945" (english edition: "At Hitlers Side"). There he wrote thtat Hewel married on July 12th, 1944 in Salzburg. Below and his wife were invitated. But they have to leave the party when Hitler called him back at 22:00.
The pic could made in Salzburg after the ceremony?
mjölnir

User avatar
Helly Angel
Member
Posts: 4400
Joined: 11 Mar 2002 20:00
Location: Venezuela (Southamerica)

Postby Helly Angel » 19 Jan 2006 02:42

Phil Nix wrote: He married Ilse Todt the daughter of the late Dr Fritz Todt late in 1944
Phil Nix


If he married with Ilse Todt, then... who is Blanda elisabeth?

Thanks!

olafbrandt
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Oct 2005 13:06
Location: California

Who was Walther's wife?

Postby olafbrandt » 12 Jul 2006 14:35

Helly Angel wrote:
Phil Nix wrote: He married Ilse Todt the daughter of the late Dr Fritz Todt late in 1944
Phil Nix


If he married with Ilse Todt, then... who is Blanda elisabeth?

Thanks!


Phil, what's your source for the date of marriage and the name?
I always had his wife down as "Blanda Benteler" or "Blanda-Elisabeth Benteler".

Thanks,
Olaf

Potsdamerplatz
Member
Posts: 2675
Joined: 04 Nov 2005 05:06
Location: Scotland

Re: Who was Walther's wife?

Postby Potsdamerplatz » 10 Jun 2008 16:41

olafbrandt wrote:
Helly Angel wrote:
Phil Nix wrote: He married Ilse Todt the daughter of the late Dr Fritz Todt late in 1944
Phil Nix


If he married with Ilse Todt, then... who is Blanda elisabeth?

Thanks!


Phil, what's your source for the date of marriage and the name?
I always had his wife down as "Blanda Benteler" or "Blanda-Elisabeth Benteler".

Thanks,
Olaf


Blanda Benteler was indeed the wife of Walther Hewel. She allowed David Irving access to her husband's private diaries for his research. She was still alive as of 2004.

Great photograph by the way. :)
The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type, but if I'm prepared to take a chance I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal, a little bit crazy, a little bit bad, but, hey, don't us girls just love that?

Halfdan S.
Member
Posts: 871
Joined: 08 Oct 2007 02:02
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Walther Hewel and wife?

Postby Halfdan S. » 10 Jun 2008 19:26

It is Blanda Hewel - there are some very charming photos of her in the Walter Frentz book

Halfdan S.

Phil Nix
In memoriam
Posts: 9491
Joined: 15 Oct 2002 10:52
Location: Birmingham England

Re: Walther Hewel and wife?

Postby Phil Nix » 11 Jun 2008 10:40

Hitler arranged a meeting with Ilse Todt as he wanted Hewel to marry but obviously nothing came of it What was the date of his marraige to Elisabeth Blanda and what was her full name
Phil Nix

Max Williams
Member
Posts: 9358
Joined: 04 Feb 2003 16:57
Location: London

Re: Walther Hewel and wife?

Postby Max Williams » 11 Jun 2008 11:02

Phil Nix wrote:What was the date of his marraige to Elisabeth Blanda and what was her full name
Phil Nix


mjölnir wrote:Hello Phil!
I have read the book of von Below "Als Hitlers Adjutant 1937 - 1945" (english edition: "At Hitlers Side"). There he wrote thtat Hewel married on July 12th, 1944 in Salzburg. Below and his wife were invitated. But they have to leave the party when Hitler called him back at 22:00.
The pic could made in Salzburg after the ceremony?
mjölnir


Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests