Heinrich Hoffmann's second wife

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
mjölnir

Heinrich Hoffmann's second wife

Post by mjölnir » 02 Mar 2006, 15:35

I have a problem!
When married Heinrich Hoffmann his second wife Erna Gröbke (born Jochmann) ??
On Januar 4th, 1934 or on April 18th, 1934? I cannot find the exact date!
Please help!
mjölnir

R.M. Schultz

Post by R.M. Schultz » 02 Mar 2006, 18:23

Is Erna Gröbke mistress Lüdecke mentions?

[quote="Kurt Lüdecke, "I knew Hitler," Jarrolds, London, 1938, p. 514 "][Describing a lunch with Hitler.] Schirach, who was married to Hoffmann's only daughter, presently came into the tea-room with his wife, and they sat down at our table. Frau Schirach, a pretty, blue-eyed blond with finely chiselled features in a serious face, fell into a cool silence when she discovered the presence of Frau Hoffmann — for this was neither her mother nor her step-mother, but her father's mistress. [/quote]

mjölnir

Post by mjölnir » 06 Mar 2006, 11:21

No help???
mjölnir

Erikos

Re: Heinrich Hoffmann question

Post by Erikos » 19 Dec 2010, 17:20

Hi Mjölnir,

You may in the meantime have found the answer to your question, but in any case:

In his book "Hitler was my friend", London, 1955, page 73, Heinrich Hoffmann writes:

"A year later, in April, 1934, I got married again. It was in December, 1929, that I had met Erna Gorebke for the first time, in the café ‘Osterja Bavaria‘, an artists‘ rendezvous in Munich, which shortly afterwards was to become famous as one of Hitler's favourite haunts. In Erna, the daughter of Adolf Gorebke, a leading operatic tenor of his time, and an equally well-known Viennese actress, I found a kindred spirit, a great lover of art and music, a bohemian, to whom the excitement and bustle of the theatre were the breath of life, and a person very much after my own heart. We kept in touch and saw each other as frequently as the sornewhat feverish life I was leading permitted. Our friendship ripened with each meeting, and in 1934, Erna consented to become my wife."

Kind regards,
Erik

mjölnir

Re: Heinrich Hoffmann question

Post by mjölnir » 21 Dec 2010, 11:29

Hello Erikos,
many thanks to Danmark!
mjölnir

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”