Hitlers Golden Part Badge

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
MikchaelConley

Hitlers Golden Part Badge

Post by MikchaelConley » 14 Mar 2006, 22:51

Recently on the Miltary channel and only for a brief second I caught a climpse of a medal which they said was the Golden party Badge that Hitler had given to Magda Goebbels before he comitted suicide, can or does anyone have any more info on it it was said that the Russians have it or that it may have recently been stolen is this so. If it was what do you think its value would be 2 to 4 mil would it go that High?? Is there a site where some can go to see Hitlers personal belongings what of his is left I know Gorings Field Marshall's Baton is at West Point, although his family tried to get it back which the US should have done, it was his and it should have been returned but of all the things that the notables owned what is left where are they at is there a book or someplace I can go to find out. I am curious to this, for example did Rommel's family get to keep his Baton the same for Donitz, and the others and what is in the US or in othe Museums please if you have knowledge I would appreciate your help with this many thanks Mike Conley

Bankers

Post by Bankers » 15 Mar 2006, 00:02

I am unable to help you with the golden party badge. His brown shirt which included his blood order order (serial number 1) was looted from his old residence in Munich by a GI as the war ended. The GI took this and several other things back with him to Florida. Later it was stolen and ended up in the hands of a militaria dealer in New York along with the medal. His hat was also included in this grouping. The fellow in Florida found out where they were and sued to get them back, winning his case. The militaria dealer then agreed to purchase the items and a price was agreed upon. They remained in New York for several decades finally being purchased by a well-known dealer/collector in the L.A. area. I have seen the hat, blood order, and shirt and there are several very unique points to them which I will not give out here due to the number of "fakers" that exist in the world. To my knowledge the collector/dealer is very secretative and they have not been photographed for any books. Hope this helps a little. Martin

ErichS

Post by ErichS » 15 Mar 2006, 01:23

Hitler had many Gold Party Badges with his Party # 1 for his many uniforms. There must be at least another in a collection other than the one stolen in Russia.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 15 Mar 2006, 22:05

Hitler's Golden Party Badge was indeed found on the body of Magda Goebbels and is still in the Russian archives. Photos of it and a few of Hitler's uniforms can be seen in the book called "Hitler's Death". It can be purchased form several sources including Amazon.com.

Ben Lieber was the soldier that found the pre-war circa 1935 visor cap, brownshirt with un-numbered Blood Order of Hitler's. It was originally acquired by Mohawk Arms in New York and is now still in the collection of Wolfe and Hardin. The cap can be seen in "Headgear of Hitler's Germany Volume 3. And the whole ensemble has appeared in one or two of the MAX show reference yearbooks.

Mark Costa

Bankers

Post by Bankers » 16 Mar 2006, 19:03

Mr. Costa is indeed correct in his provenance of the uniform and hat. I do not like to give out names, even when they are mentioned in books or periodicals so I witheld that part from the information I gave. It has been since the 1970's since I examined the brown shirt, hat, and blood order, but from what I remember the blood order was numbered "1" with a large swooping serif at the top, almost like an American 7. My mind fails with age, but is this not correct? Martin

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 16 Mar 2006, 21:26

Martin:

I may be mistaken as far as the Blood Order is concerned. I recall that along with the hat and shirt etc there were more than one Blood Order that was taken by Ben Lieber. One had no number and there were two with the number 1. One of these was stamped and the other engraved with the #1 (which is the one you no doubt remember). Speculation at the time ( 1960's) suggested that Hitler's original Blood Order had no number, as was the case with several other recipients. The stamped #1 was speculated to be Roehm's --which was never given out. The other engraved version was thought to have been Hitler's other Blood Order and that this one was especially engraved for the Fuhrer long after the purge of 1934. Patzwalls book on the Blood Order was never able to account for the recipient of the #1. As these items were taken from the Brown House -- it was further speculated that these came from the office of Wilhelm Brueckner -- Hitler's chief adjutant who was also head of the Office of the 9th of November -- A department whose sole responsibility was to look after the history and recipients of the Blood Order etc. As far as I am aware it was the un-numbered version that was actually attached to the shirt when found.

Mark Costa

MikchaelConley

Many thanks

Post by MikchaelConley » 16 Mar 2006, 22:15

Martin and Mark
I want to thank you for the up dates very much appreciated, I really love this site I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of information thats is obtainable and the frank ways that folks speak to one another and all based on the simple love of History, I try every day when I can to check in I am in the hospital recovering from wounds recieved in Iraq I lost both legs and if you had asked me several years ago if I would have any desire to know anything or even dealve into Hitlers third Reich other than just a simple fascination I would have told you, that you were crazy I found this site by accident and joined that very same day, and although you may think me hokie for saying it, it has actually been for theraputic than the rehab has, for it allows me to let my mind get into things and topics other than my health and my problems, could either one of you gentleman give me a web site address where one might beable to pull pictures up of the items you spoke of, and one last question of all the germania thats out there what as far as you know is the most valuable piece/collectable is it in a museum or private hands and are there finds still out there. I hope my asking has not inconvieneced you any. many thanks again Mike C

Wessel

Post by Wessel » 16 Mar 2006, 22:44

Hi Mike

A web site and auction worth looking at is http://www.hermann-historica.com. They have been in business many years and, I think, are pretty genuine.

In their auction No.47, October 2004, they had for sale Adolf Hitlers Golden Party badge, together with a letter of provinence by Heinz Linge, one of hs personal adjutants. On the reverse of the GPB was engraved a number "7" and a facsimile signature, along with a hallmark "750".

I know there has been dispute about whether or not 7 was his actual Party number, but the GPB did sell for 65,000 euros!

The catalogues are worth getting in their own right as they contain superb photos of all kinds of 3rd Reich items....worth a look|

All the best

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 16 Mar 2006, 22:45

MikchaelConley

Thankyou for posting your question to which I found the reading and information quite interesting.

I am familiar with Mohawk Arms in Upper State New York. It doesn't surprise me that they handled this
transaction. Yes, WWII topics and research can become addicting. :)

Thankyou for serving your country and may your recovery be quick and that you go on to
do things that you would like.

All the best,
Annelie

Bankers

Post by Bankers » 18 Mar 2006, 16:35

Mr. Conley: I am most pleased you enjoy my posts and I am glad that in some small way I can aid in your recovery. If there is anything I can ever do, please do not hesitate to ask. I am at your disposal. As for rarity: Rommel's son has some great items: his father's decorations and baton. If they ever come on the market they will probably go into the seven figure range to private collectors. I saw a presentation document for the Diamonds to the Oakleaves and Swords to the Knights Cross sell for $375,000. Goring's wedding sword, which is in the hands of a private collector in northern Illinois will probably bring an easy $250,000. Hitler's engraved pistol was sold by Mohawk some years back, I believe, for $95,000. As with all things: when you get over that $5,000. level, you begin to run out of buyers. There are not many people out there who will "spend the farm" to buy a sword or a document. And not many people really have that kind of money to spend on a hobby. However, the Powerball is up to 88 million today, so who knows---I may get lucky tonight and have one of those items in my hands this time next week. Take care of yourself and thank you for your service to our country. Martin

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”