Nazi Attitudes Towards Arabs ,and Muslims

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Panzer Leader

Nazi Attitudes Towards Arabs ,and Muslims

Post by Panzer Leader » 29 Apr 2006, 21:55

What was the Nazi atttude towards Arabs ,and Muslims?

Kaan Caglar

Post by Kaan Caglar » 29 Apr 2006, 23:21

You might check out this site http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/mufti4.htm as it somehow explains the relationship between most Arabs and the Nazi ideology. As you might have guessed the Jewish and the Arabs were still fighting for Israel&Palestinian territories, and such a Anti-semite ideology which was adopted by the Nazis were like an utopia to them. Still we cant say the Arabs supported the Nazis, you know its just politics and politics are always different then what nations really think.
To add further information 13th SS Division of the Waffen-SS was made up mostly of muslims, and the 21st SS also had a good percentage of muslims.
Regards
Kaan

Panzer Leader

Post by Panzer Leader » 30 Apr 2006, 03:39

I also heard somewhere that Himmler regraded Arabs as "Aryan ,and Germanic".

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 30 Apr 2006, 03:42

Panzer Leader wrote:I also heard somewhere that Himmler regraded Arabs as "Aryan ,and Germanic".
I can safely say that he didn't.

Best regards/ Daniel

Rikupsoni

Post by Rikupsoni » 09 May 2006, 15:56

You have to remember the difference between Aryan languages (Persian etc) and "aryan people".

Panzer Leader

Post by Panzer Leader » 11 May 2006, 14:45

Aren't the Iranians somehow related to German Tribes who migrated to Persia

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » 11 May 2006, 16:50

Panzer Leader wrote:Aren't the Iranians somehow related to German Tribes who migrated to Persia
Not to hear them tell it. I knew a number of Iranians back when I was in college.

An Iranian exile (at the time they called themselves Persians, in the early-80s it was not good to be an Iranian in the US-even if you were exiled because the pro-Shah Iranians bolted from the country when the Ayatollah took over) with sandy blonde hair and green eyes informed me that he was a descendant of tribes from the Caucasus Mountains (orgin of the word "caucasian" which has become a polite euphemism for "white") who had migrated there.

Apparently the Turks coveted the women of this culture for their unusual coloring-Caucasian girls disappered into many Turkish harems. However, they are a minority in Iranian society. Most Iranians are descended from Semitic (Arab) peoples (although it wouldn't surprise me that there are Hellenic ancestors a long way back from Alexander the Great's conquest of Persia), and have dark hair and dark eyes.

Phoenix

hinman

Post by hinman » 12 May 2006, 06:48

that's not true. the relationship between iranians and germans is a misconception.

the story started in 1500s when europeans in India noticed strange resemblance between sanskrit and greek-&-latin. of course, you know about the Indo-european language family discovered later on. but some linguists decided to use "aryan", which is a sanskrit word, to designate this language family. "aryan" of course means "noble people" in sanskrit, and in the reconstructed proto-I-E language, it just means "people" (like the greek anthropos). Iran, of course, means "the land of the aryans." later people take the name out of linguistics, and somehow the linguistic relations become a "racial one". the reality is that, a group of people speaking the proto-I-E language immigrated to both west and east either from southern russia (the old, sort of discredited theory) or turkey (the new theory) and somehow imposed the language on indigenous peoples they encountered, and that's why both europe and south asia have linguistic ties. but just as the native americans that speak english today are not "racially" (if you want to use this inaccurate word) affiliated to the english people (unless you go way back in time), so indians/iranians don't have immediate ancestral connection with europeans.

Aesir

Post by Aesir » 13 May 2006, 07:51

Nazi Germany had somewhat of an unoffical alliance with certain Muslim groups. I know as a fact that a lot of SS Death squads in the Balkans were comprised of Muslims.

They had a thing about this and the Grand Mufti on the History Channel a few weeks ago.

Panzer Leader

Post by Panzer Leader » 14 May 2006, 04:39

I saw that! I must say it was quite good!

Auseklis

Post by Auseklis » 14 May 2006, 14:19

Anwar el Saddat was put under curfew while Rommel was moving toward Alexandria to prevent the Eyptian Army to change sides.

~ethan~hunt~

Post by ~ethan~hunt~ » 17 May 2006, 08:03

nazi ideology was anti-semite and hemite n terefore there was a mass murder in the balkan states and they were named mosselmonner(spelling isnt right) 8O

MacX

Post by MacX » 17 May 2006, 19:30

just like "Semits" have only been Jews for the Nazis, Aryans have been understood as "pure" (the original meaning of "arya") Germanic/Middle European people. There was not very much scientific knowlegde behind the NS ideology.

@~ethan~hunt~: I believe you mean Muselmänner?

soniconez

Post by soniconez » 23 Jul 2006, 09:23

I've seen a documentary on Hitler and Eva Braun that showed, what looked like to be a Muslim leader from an unknown country enter Hitlers domain and greet him.

Doggowitz

Post by Doggowitz » 23 Jul 2006, 10:53

I think you mean the reknown Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Amin Hadjj al-Husseini, mentioned before.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”