Status of Bernile Neinau and children Schneider

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
floyd1

Status of Bernile Neinau and children Schneider

Post by floyd1 » 17 Jan 2008, 18:55

Two
Questions-
Does anybody know what happedned to Bernile Nienau who was the little girl who visted Hitler several times before the war and she had the same birthday as Hitler. I understand whe was from Munich and she had Jewish relatives so her vists were stopped. I have never heard what happened to her post war and was hoping somebody would know.
Also Herta Schneider (think I spelled this correctly) who was Eva Braun's best friend and is pictured many times at the Berghof with Eva and her two young daughters died in the 1980's as I understand it. Does anybody have any information on the two young daughters and their lives after the war. I know one of the children was named Ursula but I don't know the other.
Any information on above would be appreciated as I enjoy reading about the lives of these people invovled in this time.

brankov

Post by brankov » 23 Jan 2008, 10:33

I am also interested in what happened to little Bernile and Mrs. Schneider after the war.

Regards,
Branko

osiris7

Re: Status of Bernile Neinau and children Schneider

Post by osiris7 » 17 May 2010, 22:25

I have read various accounts of what happened to Bernile. One said that she died at a concentration camp, but Don Boyle ("honorringman") in a post at the worldmilitaria.com forum says that "A doctor out in Munich a few months ago added the final pieces in which he stated: At the age of 17 Rosa Bernile Nienau died of natural causes in a Munich Hospital in 1944. Could have been from bombing raids on Germany as the Doctor did not go into detail". I have no way of knowing if this statement is true, but that thread can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/25b5gzf According to David Irving, Greta Schneider is deceased, though she lived long after the war. More info on her can be found in this text: http://tinyurl.com/39p8hkm Clips of Eva's home movies, some of which show Greta, are avail. on YouTube.

Geoff Walden

Re: Status of Bernile Neinau and children Schneider

Post by Geoff Walden » 24 May 2010, 19:16

Is that "Gitte" Schneider? The younger daughter was named Brigitte, normally called Gitte.

Geoff

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”