Did Hitler survive?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
phylo_roadking

Re: Hitlers escape

Post by phylo_roadking » 13 Jan 2013, 20:46

O Terry....did you HAVE to??? 8O

Look right down at the bottom.... :P
Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs....
Lord, please keep Kevin Bacon alive...

wm

Post by wm » 13 Jan 2013, 21:58

Have you seen this man lately?
source: from the link above
h3.jpg
h3.jpg (34.28 KiB) Viewed 823 times

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Post by Terry Duncan » 13 Jan 2013, 23:08

O Terry....did you HAVE to??? 8O

Look right down at the bottom.... :P
Surely you do not mean the comment by the 'respected' author Gerrard Williams? I thought that was part of the appeal of the piece! There is also to Romanian road safety campaign in the links, but possibly the silliest has to be this;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... atory.html

Of course it would be wrong to suggest that some British newspapers are very strange!

JimVonn

Post by JimVonn » 25 Jan 2013, 17:11

I appreciate your very well researched group of postings as I am interested in speculation
regarding the possible escape of Hitler. Stalin believed he escaped, and there are now claims
that the DNA tests on the bones held by the Russians as Hitler's tested female.

The fact that a Ju 52 got out and an Arado is of key interest. I also note that it says
von Greim committed suicide in Salzburg a short time after capture. Hanna Reitsch was captured
along with Dönitz in the vicinity of Dönitz headquarters near the Danish / Swedish boarder.
If Von Greim was not also captured there but south - as is suggested by his suicide in Salzburg noted here;
then someone else went with Reitsch. Von Greim was also injured, and just promoted to head of the airforce; which is consistent with the type of passenger to be flown out by the Ju 52,surely the unknown pilot that flew it in flew it out.
It would make sense that the newly appointed Greim would head south where the bulk of the remaining Nazi forces
were.

If I were to aid Hitler in an escape I'd head to Sweden or U-boats, exactly where Reitsch goes. Many of the conflicting bits of data would be explained by the fact the Nazi's involved were very rabid supporters and would certainly lie to their last breath to cover for the Führer's escape. If von Greim went south or if both aircraft travelled north; this would lend to the
possibility that Hitler was in one of those two aircraft.
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 03 Feb 2013, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Hanna Reitsch (not Rietsch), von Greim (not Von or Vonn), Dönitz (not Doenitz), Salzburg (not Salsburg or Salburg), Ju 52 (not JU52), Führer (not Furher)

Biber

Post by Biber » 25 Jan 2013, 23:26

wm wrote:
shaving his head and moustache
hitler.jpg

Kinda looks like Max von Sydow. Hmmmm.....

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 26 Jan 2013, 16:06

Jim, I almost hate to do this, but...
The fact that a Ju 52 got out and an Arado is of key interest. I also note that it says
von Greim committed suicide in Salzburg a short time after capture. Hanna Reitsch was captured
along with Dönitz in the vicinity of Dönitz headquarters near the Danish / Swedish boarder.
If von Greim was not also captured there but south - as is suggested by his suicide in Salzburg noted here;
then someone else went with Reitsch. Von Greim was also injured, and just promoted to head of the airforce; which is consistent with the type of passenger to be flown out by the Ju 52,surely the unknown pilot that flew it in flew it out.
It would make sense that the newly appointed Greim would head south where the bulk of the remaining Nazi forces
were.
See any of the accounts of Reitsch's and Greim's escape from Berlin to see what aircraft they flew out in, and where they each flew on to. It's recorded in very considerable detail.
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 03 Feb 2013, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.
Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs....

mtobler

Classified Documents pertaining to Hitler

Post by mtobler » 10 Sep 2013, 00:53

Greetings,

Recently I came a cross a book entitled "Hitler in Argentina" by Abel Basti in which he makes an extraordinary claim that Hitler actually escaped the bunker and made his way to Argentina by plane & submarine. The title of the book obviously screams out Conspiracy Theory which thus far it has rightfully remained, otherwise it would have made international news headlines !
And although I haven't read the book yet and can't therefor scrutinize or comment on it I was nevertheless able to get a quick overview on the chapters including some of the supposedly compelling evidence Mr Basti presents e.g declassified FBI documents that can be obtained via the internet etc. There was however one remark that struck out on me in which Mr Basti claims there are still classified documents in Argentina in regards to Hitler. My question: Why are there classified documents about Hitler in Argentina to begin with ? Why exactly are these classified documents sealed for so long ? I find it hard to phantom what those documents will ultimately reveal: Perhaps just some more boring cases of people misidentifying Hitler ? ?

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 10 Sep 2013, 11:01

mtobler wrote: There was however one remark that struck out on me in which Mr Basti claims there are still classified documents in Argentina in regards to Hitler. My question: Why are there classified documents about Hitler in Argentina to begin with ? Why exactly are these classified documents sealed for so long ? I find it hard to phantom what those documents will ultimately reveal: Perhaps just some more boring cases of people misidentifying Hitler ? ?
The security classification of a document will help protect the information contained within the document from disclosure to the public. An intelligence organization does not want to release information that will undermine national security or its current and future security and intelligence operations.

An intelligence organization will place a security classification on a document for several reasons, one of which is the said document contains information about classified intelligence sources, intelligence collection techniques and capabilities, and what information the intelligence organization knows about the subject matter, what information the intelligence organization seeks to know.

Not knowing the nature of Argentinean surveillance of former Nazis living in Argentina, and what classified information the alleged Argentinean documents may contain, I can only speculate why the Argentineans keep the said documents classified. I suspect, however, assuming that Argentinean intelligence organization(s) did in fact conduct surveillance of former Nazis and their organizations, that these Argentinean intelligence organization(s) wanted to protect from disclosure that fact, protect the identities of any informants, and protect the intelligence techniques that they were using (for example, surveillance, phone tapping, interviewing of informants, etc.).

Penn44

I once was told that I was vain, but I knew that vanity was a fault, so I gave it up because I have no faults.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 10 Sep 2013, 14:14

Penn44 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 am

mtobler wrote:
There was however one remark that struck out on me in which Mr Basti claims there are still classified documents in Argentina in regards to Hitler. My question: Why are there classified documents about Hitler in Argentina to begin with ? Why exactly are these classified documents sealed for so long ? I find it hard to phantom what those documents will ultimately reveal: Perhaps just some more boring cases of people misidentifying Hitler ? ?

My estimation is that although the documents are about Hitler it may really only have to do with any support in various ways
the Argentinians gave or have gotten from the Nazi's or Hitler which would make them look in a bad light after WWII, notwithstanding the surveillance of German occupants. Perhaps also the support in other ways of the war? Only a guess.

LWD

Post by LWD » 10 Sep 2013, 14:34

This has been discussed here a number of times. The compelling evidence leads to the conclusion that Hitler died in Berlin. Hitler alive in Argentina is on the same level as many of the Bermuda Triangle stories.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 10 Sep 2013, 15:13

This has been discussed here a number of times. The compelling evidence leads to the conclusion that Hitler died in Berlin. Hitler alive in Argentina is on the same level as many of the Bermuda Triangle stories
Yes, those of us who have been at axis forum for years have heard it all but, realize that there are many new members
who are just now taking another spin at it.

LWD

Post by LWD » 10 Sep 2013, 15:40

Ideally they use the search function first but I have problems with it sometimes myself so can't really fault a neo for not doing so. Here are some threads on the topic:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=179706
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=24295
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 4&t=199903
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... e#p1772592
Note that some of these threads are locked. I think one of the links points back to the first page in this thread as well.

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 10 Sep 2013, 16:17

including some of the supposedly compelling evidence Mr Basti presents e.g declassified FBI documents that can be obtained via the internet etc. There was however one remark that struck out on me in which Mr Basti claims there are still classified documents in Argentina in regards to Hitler. My question: Why are there classified documents about Hitler in Argentina to begin with ? Why exactly are these classified documents sealed for so long
There were "classified documents" about Hitler being seen EVERYWHERE! :lol:

Remember - these were the days when intelligence agencies had maybe a few, sometimes even one resident (on station) monitoring whole countries, even continents, via their networks of paid informers :P Paid per line of rumour etc.. And Hitler was always good for a couple of dollars!!! These would just be passed up the line and forgotten about...as they well deserved :D Washington would just file them and forget...until decades later when made available IN BULK, it all - viewed at one go! - seems to indicate something FAR more important than it really was...as opposed to the 40-50 years of rumour, 2nd hand accounts and sheer fiction that it really was.

BillHermann

Post by BillHermann » 10 Sep 2013, 19:01

Just because there are so called classified documents found on the matter does not mean that its true. Think about the numbers of conspiracies floating around the net. Some have so much detail and work towards them that they are impossible almost not to believe.

Anything can be cooked up and manipulated to support a theory. Then all you need is gullible people or a level of passion regarding the subject and it will spread like wildfire. Then add additional material and the fire burns brighter.

With Hitler there is just too much fascination by some to think that what actually happened is possible. It's too simple, too basic, not exciting enough to except what happened. Hitler the super human escaping the Russian hoards has far more drama.
Last edited by BillHermann on 10 Sep 2013, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 10 Sep 2013, 20:03

Being a Swiss I shall keep a neutral point of view in this matter :lol:
But, having said that, curiosity has me wondering if any of you foresee the slightest possibility that this proposed theory could in fact in the close future be indisputably proven ?

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”