Third Reich Occultism

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Augustine

Re: Runes

Post by Augustine » 04 Nov 2005, 23:54

Nieland19 wrote:Yes very true, the Nazis used many runes as symbols. For any who dont know, a rune is a magical symbol that was carved or painted upon a stone, weapon, or any personal item. The powers invoked by the rune were then believed to be bestowed upon the item. I also read about Himmler sending expedtions to find the Ark of the Covenant and also the valley of Ame Shere, (SP) an Eygptian mythological city.

Does anyone have any clue why Himmler would want the Ark Of the Covenant? I know the Ark was given credit for enormus power but wouldn't Himmler have disdain for the Ark because of it's Hebrew origins?

Chris
As I understand it, Nazi, indo-Teutonic theology simply co-opted many of the Christian and Hebraic symbols and items as their own. An alternative, pre-Christian, history was attributed to these items, usually some mystique Germanic mythology, and therefore the German felt he had an even more ancient claim to said artifacts. This is why Himmler was also smitten with the Holy Grail, not for any love of Christ, but more for love of a pre-existent mythos.

perseus

Post by perseus » 23 Nov 2005, 18:18

British Sapper wrote:The odd thing is, if it wasn't for Hitler, then Christianity would have been 'snuffed out' in the World in the 1930's.
I'm curious. What do you mean?

Mr Holmes

Post by Mr Holmes » 23 Nov 2005, 22:06

Hi Perseus, I think he means historically as in the case of the USSR, which made it extremely difficult for the Orthodox Church (and by extension the other Churches) to operate as an efficient organisation. Also, Martin Bormann began to make it tough for the Churches (after his repudiation of his faith), however, his efforts were constrained somewhat by Goebbels as well as by Hitler himself on occassion.

Richard_

Post by Richard_ » 24 Nov 2005, 10:09

So how about the Thule suciety?

Best regards Richard :)

British Sapper

Post by British Sapper » 26 Nov 2005, 05:12

Ironically, if it wasn't for Hitler and Franco, Christianity would be dead in the World.

Have a look at the Russian author who wrote ICEBREAKER. His name escapes me for the moment (Suvarov ?) .

Communism 'was on a charge' from post WW1 till 1989 in Europe, I suppose, as that is when the 'Iron Curtain' collapsed in 1989. Communism is atheism for those that do not know.

If Spain had fallen in the SCW then France which was 50/50 at the time, would have gone communist. Germany would have been surrounded.

Suvorov argues that Hitler pre-empted Stalins 'invasion of the West' by launching Operation Barbarossa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icebreaker_(Suvorov)

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/I/Iceb ... vorov).htm

Icebreaker: Who Started the Second World War? (ISBN 0241126223; Viking Press/Hamish Hamilton; 1990) - by Viktor Suvorov (Russian title: Ledokol, Ледокол) is a documentary book, which alleges that the World War II started as a result of Joseph Stalin's ploy to "liberate" the working class of Europe and eventually of the whole world. According to Stalin's History of VKP(b). A Brief Course, the only way to eliminate being "surrounded by the enemies", i.e., by capitalist countries, was to replace them with ideologically friendly countries. This had been proven to be not just an academic theory: five nations were "liberated" and became new Soviet republics while WWII raged in Western Europe.

The communist theory considers wartime to be favorable for the victory of communism, since a war "sharpens class contradictions". The war in Europe was seen favorable for the communist cause, because it was to weaken the imperialist powers. The book alleges that Stalin devised a plan to use an 'icebreaker' who would first take over Europe. The Red Army would come later as a liberation force bringing Communism with it. It would be welcomed because its cause would be clearly just.

The book tries to show how Stalin helped Adolf Hitler to gain and maintain power, and how he prepared Soviet armed forces for an offensive war. The reason why World War II took a different course was, according to Suvorov, because Hitler, scared by endangerment of Romanian oil fields, invaded the USSR two weeks earlier than Stalin planned to invade Germany.

Suvorov's thesis that the Soviet invasion had been imminent is not shared by most historians, see Viktor Suvorov article for more information about this controversy.

External link
Online books of Viktor Suvorov (mostly in Russian)

========================================

All of the fascist leaders were Roman Catholics, Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Codreanu, Degrelle and Mosley.

Eddy Marz

Post by Eddy Marz » 14 Mar 2007, 10:44

The really serious and truly analytic book on this subject is Professor Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke's book "The Occult Roots of Nazism" (1985 - Aquarian Press - ISBN 0-85030-402-4). Very thorough research ranging from the German and Austrian Aryosophists of 1890 to the Nazis up to 1935. What it depicts is certainly weirder than any tacky manifestations of 'satanism' as imagined by romantic literary visions.

hellikon

Ahnenerbe in Greece

Post by hellikon » 09 Jul 2007, 18:31

Does anyone have any kind of information on the Ahnenerbe activities in Greece during the occupation years? I've only been able to find this article on Ahnenerbe in Greece, but no references are included.

Habu

Post by Habu » 10 Jul 2007, 02:06

Hellikon, somewhere I have some notes and references on Ahnenerbe activites (primarily focusing on archaeological expeditions, but some other stuff as well). There was quite a bit of discussion of activities in Greece. The materials were prepared for a lecture I gave, so I'm pretty sure I kept a reference list!

If you'll PM me in a week or so, I should have time to dig them out then.

aipaul

Post by aipaul » 10 Jul 2007, 21:03

I think Hitler never really believed in the occult but used it to advance nazism. I saw a documentary that said he humored Himmler and Hess and let him continue in their occult activities that is until Hess parachuted into England. Hitler never believed that there was once a glorious aryan golden age and the modern germans are it's descendants as Himmler did. He knew truth, that the germans came from barbaric tribes that lived in mud huts when Rome was at it's height.

hellikon

Post by hellikon » 17 Jul 2007, 21:47

Habu, I'd love to get those notes and references. I've PM'ed you.

Thanks in advance!

dark_ember

In desperate need of help!

Post by dark_ember » 07 Sep 2007, 02:02

(Not sure if this is the right place to post this? So apologies if it is not))
I have came across numerous articles over the net, trying to explain Hitler's dealings with the occult. I was wondering if anyone had more information on this subject. Is it plausible that he was indeed involved in the occult? I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Also, can anyone recommend any decent books written on the psychology and mentality of Hitler?

Thanks,

Mel

Mel, your post has been merged with this thread as it looks like one of the major ones of the issue. (On the other hand a forum search with "Hitler" and "occult" did bring 135 hits) / Kind regards, Bernd, Mod

dark_ember

Re: In desperate need of help!

Post by dark_ember » 07 Sep 2007, 14:10

dark_ember wrote:(Not sure if this is the right place to post this? So apologies if it is not))
I have came across numerous articles over the net, trying to explain Hitler's dealings with the occult. I was wondering if anyone had more information on this subject. Is it plausible that he was indeed involved in the occult? I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Also, can anyone recommend any decent books written on the psychology and mentality of Hitler?

Thanks,

Mel

Mel, your post has been merged with this thread as it looks like one of the major ones of the issue. (On the other hand a forum search with "Hitler" and "occult" did bring 135 hits) / Kind regards, Bernd, Mod
Sorry Bernd, I didn't notice the search bar (a total newbie to forums) I'll be sure to take full advantage of that from now on :wink:

aipaul

Post by aipaul » 08 Sep 2007, 01:39

There is no evidence that the leader of the Nazis, Adolf Hitler, was particularly interested in the occult movements of the time, although he undoubtedly has known persons from these circles, whose political ideas in many ways were similar to his. Neither in Hitler's book collection or in his papers are traces of this. Furthermore, there is nothing that indicates that fantasies of a grandiose Germanic ancient kingdom have had any major place in his world view. On the contrary, we have clear evidence that he was not interested in archeaology, and that he viewed it as a waste of time, when romantic souls travelled around the world to track down glimpses of glory of yore. Hitler's driving force was primarily personal ambitions and a disdain for the existing society and a hatred of those parts of the population which he blamed for the miserable conditions in the 1920's in Germany. Romantic dreams were probably far from Hitler's mind.
All in all, there seems to be only one in the Nazi top who were interested in the occult, namely Heinrich Himmler.
http://greyfalcon.us/The%20Roots%20of%20Nazism.htm

dark_ember

Post by dark_ember » 08 Sep 2007, 20:54

Thanks for your reply aipaul, it's much appreciated and it's certainly put things into clearer perspective. There's so much rubbish out there it's difficult to differentiate fact with fiction. I didn't notice this topic before and am amazed by how much the Nazis were involved in the occult.
Again, I thankyou :)

cagliostro

Re: Third Reich Occultism

Post by cagliostro » 11 Dec 2010, 12:26

There are many legends. Czechoslovakia because destroyed Czech company Hermetic Universalia. Betrayed them colleague Dr. Jiří Arvéd Smichowsky (konfident Nazis Walter Jacobi).
The President Universalie, Dr. Jan Kefer Czech was patriot, had him interest Adolf Hitler. Kefer was murdered in a concentration camp.

A :| dvance sorry for bad English.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”