Nazi gold train 'found in Poland'

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
dlitkin

Re: Nazi gold train 'found in Poland'

Post by dlitkin » 17 Nov 2015, 13:29

Groscurth wrote:Those guys like Spazkowki will allways tell you that this or that will take at least 2 or 3 days/months/years to come around. We all knew it, member since long and my first and last reaction on this. Waste of time.
We don't trust Szpazkowski, neither does Discovery Channel or local authorities.
This topic was started about different place and different personalities and I still trust there is something under that hill at 65th km Wroclaw-Walbrzych. :)

wm

Post by wm » 17 Nov 2015, 15:02

I don't think, Szpakowski and those two from the hill 65 are trying to fool or swindle anyone. Although it's quite possible they are fooling themselves. They all are successful businessmen and actually nice and friendly people.
The local authorities are totally with Szpakowski, those higher above them have lots of doubts.

Ian Sayer

Post by Ian Sayer » 17 Nov 2015, 15:57

I'm sure that's the case WM. I have been contacted by literally dozens of people regarding 'hidden Nazi Gold' in the last 30 odd years and , to be honest, most of them have an infallible belief that they will find the gold at the end of the rainbow. They are quite often successful businessman but there are other people as well. They all have one thing in common -they are utterly convinced they will find what they are looking for. So far nobody has and , as I have said many times before, this present 'mystery' is just another fantasy.

wm

Post by wm » 18 Nov 2015, 01:27

There are other "unusual" people there. The believers in Nazi werewolves living in those tunnels. Believers in David Icke's reptoids - the builders of underground cities there. I don't mention UFOs, they are almost mainstream.
This is huge and serious - those people have web sites, proffesional youtube channels, publish books.

EmeraldCoastTech

Post by EmeraldCoastTech » 18 Nov 2015, 02:30

Hailing from the other side of the world, I have little to offer besides deep appreciation for this forum and it's contributors. I was drawn to AHF by this news item (have always been fascinated by railroad history.) Regardless what is or not found- as the Grandson of an American GI I have personally found a much more rounded appreciation for all those affected by WWII through the sensible and inquisitive discussions here. Particularly what I've learned about concerning this time period for the residents in this region.

Re: The train. I don't think it's impossible for objects as big as trains to be 'lost'- when they drained a reservoir near my hometown growing up, the original trackage as well as a locomotive used to build the dam appeared out of the deep after more than 70 years, looking (sort of) like it was ready to go back to work. No one had saved any records indicating it had been left there.

But this story... As exciting as the possibility *could* be, I'm siding with the naysayers- nobody sits on information about stuff THAT valuable. No matter where it came from or how much hot water it could get you in. But if these guys are correct in their certainty and some train cars are there, I don't think it'll be anything like what they wished for.

Thanks again for this very informative place!

wm

Post by wm » 25 Nov 2015, 17:29

The second team (from AGH University of Science and Technology) after analysing data collected earlier in Wałbrzych has confirmed the existence of an object 150 meters long there.

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 25 Nov 2015, 17:54

Thanks fot the timely updates wm...!

dlitkin

Post by dlitkin » 25 Nov 2015, 17:59

WOW! Waiting for final results and press-conference!

ChristopherPerrien

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 25 Nov 2015, 18:36

wm wrote:The second team (from AGH University of Science and Technology) after analysing data collected earlier in Wałbrzych has confirmed the existence of an object 150 meters long there.
150m long? or 150m down?

dlitkin

Post by dlitkin » 25 Nov 2015, 19:06

A-ha-ha!
I've got an "official" confirmation from XYZ team!!!!!!

wm

Post by wm » 26 Nov 2015, 21:57

Bad news, the University categorically denies the validity of news reports of the discovery.

The XYZ team (nice people but amateurs: a genologist and a developer) is a totally different group, they have no first hand knowledge of what the other team is doing. They most likely misunderstood what you said.

dlitkin

Post by dlitkin » 27 Nov 2015, 12:20

wm wrote:Bad news, the University categorically denies the validity of news reports of the discovery.

The XYZ team (nice people but amateurs: a genologist and a developer) is a totally different group, they have no first hand knowledge of what the other team is doing. They most likely misunderstood what you said.

Don't really see any bad news- guys from AGH university now trying to keep all results in secret as it was agreed with authorities earlier.
They are not saying "yes or no", AGH asked to wait for the official results coming out early December 2015 (obviously, next week).

I had some longer conversation with XYZ, they understand everything in the right way.

bilbao

Post by bilbao » 04 Dec 2015, 22:03

Any news on when the press conference will be? :-)

Try to read Polish news for this, but it is a bit hard..

I get in yesterdays news that the "Marshalzek of Lower Silesia" still belives that there is an object buried..

wm

Post by wm » 06 Dec 2015, 10:22

Yes, he believes although why is much less certain.
The conference is planned to be held in the middle of this month.
There are rumours of two objects found there, additional scans were made but right now it's hard to say what is going on.

dlitkin

Post by dlitkin » 07 Dec 2015, 11:34

XYZ guys have no doubts about explorations and proudly presenting the official report:

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”