Hitler's foreign policy aims

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
michael mills

Re: Hitler's foreign policy aims

Post by michael mills » 13 Jan 2016, 22:33

The theory of foreign policy presented in parts of the "Second Book" do reflect the geopolitical theories of the Haushofers, which were taught at Munich University. Rudolf Hess had studied at Munich University and was the connection between Hitler and the Haushofers; it is quite possible that he was the channel through which theoretical material prepared by someone from the Haushofer school at Munich University, perhaps one of the Haushofers, perhaps one of their students, was conveyed to Hitler for inclusion in the book that he was planning to write in 1920.

That of course is speculation, based on the nature of the theoretical chapters. But almost everything about the "Second Book" is speculation based on very sketchy evidence.

Boby

Post by Boby » 14 Jan 2016, 13:53

There was also Karl Alexander von Müller. Hitler briefly attended Munich University in the summer of 1919 as part of an "instruction" programe for the Reichswehr. This is well known.

There is a connection with one of Hitler's early associates: Putzi Hanfstaengl was promoted to Dr. phil. in 1928 under Müller.

sarahgoodson

Post by sarahgoodson » 16 Jan 2016, 22:41

michael mills wrote:The chapters expounding a racial theory of history do not give the appearance of having been dictated by Hitler off the top of his head, since they are too polished and well constructed.
Why do you think this?

The text in the book on race is hardly any different to Hitler's views on race elsewhere whether that be in Mein Kampf, his public speeches, his private discussions with others or in the Table Talks.
It is this theoretical part that struck me as having been ghost-written, or at least initially drafted by someone with a trained academic mind and a thorough grasp of geopolitical theory.
It's up to you to provide evidence for this claim, your opinion alone is not sufficient.

Do you have any sources for your claim?

zeitgeistz

Post by zeitgeistz » 19 Jan 2016, 20:20

I found a blog which has a scan of "Facts in Review," by the German Foreign Press Office (It would be great if someone could find the entire archive of Facts in Review...) that discusses the concept of Lebensraum.

Please see: https://germanlibraryofinformation.file ... age_12.jpg

The German concept of lebensraum wasn't so much subjugation as you would be led to believe... the article discusses the concept more in depth.

zeitgeistz

Post by zeitgeistz » 19 Jan 2016, 21:54

Hi. I made a post can anyone tell me why it was deleted?

It was concerning Lebensraum and a document I found on a blog which scanned an article from Germany's "Facts in Review" which discussed the lebensraum concept.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”