Did Martin Bormann survive the war?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Annelie

Re: Did Martin Bormann survive the war?

Post by Annelie » 31 Mar 2014, 20:30

I guess some of you don't believe in the DNA testing which
confirmed it was Bormann?

LWD

Post by LWD » 31 Mar 2014, 23:08

godavid wrote: ... I am sorry oberhessin I don't belive it for a second that Bormann died, he was to smart for that, regards
??? you seem to be under the impression that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and suicide. I seem to recall just the opposite being the case. That aside your statement would require some sort of evidence if you want to have any hope of convincing anyone.

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 31 Mar 2014, 23:12

From what I gather after reading the details on Wikipedia is that there is at least a remote possibility that he might have escaped to South America because "Bormann's skeleton were covered in flecks of red clay, whereas Berlin is a city based on yellow sand. This indicated to some that the body had been re-interred from somewhere with a clay-based soil, such as Paraguay, the Andes Mountains or even Russia"

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 31 Mar 2014, 23:13

I do want to point out that I'm not disputing the DNA evidence. My theory is based rather that he was reburied in Germany.

LWD

Post by LWD » 31 Mar 2014, 23:20

stellung wrote:He survived. See the books, Hitler's Ashes and Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile.
Looking for Hitler's ashes on Amazon I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Ashes-Ass ... 1450277144
It looks an awful lot like a alternate history fictional account to me and the single review describes it as such.
Likewise Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile looks rather unconvincing based on a quick check of the reviews. The positive ones are all 5's and and look to me to be by believers as opposed to the rather rational negative review.
Your position is very weak and using a known ficitonal work in one case and what is apparently a conspiracy theorist book as the other doesn't help it. After all Velokowski got published as well.

LWD

Post by LWD » 31 Mar 2014, 23:21

mtobler wrote:I do want to point out that I'm not disputing the DNA evidence. My theory is based rather that he was reburied in Germany.
The negative review of Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile suggested that his skull has been in custody in Berlin since the end of the war. If that's the case reburrials hardly make any difference.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 03 Apr 2014, 11:31

Annelie wrote:I guess some of you don't believe in the DNA testing which confirmed it was Bormann?
See DER SSPIEGEL 35/1999 at http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-14442706.html
I want to post the original article

Dieter Z,
Attachments
Bormann_DER SPIEGEL 35_1999.jpg

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Apr 2014, 13:50

Here is the English translated version

The remains of the skeleton of the most powerful men of the Nazi regime and confidant of Adolf Hitler , Martin Bormann , were launched on 16 August of this year at government expense in the Baltic Sea sunk - in the waters of the Bay of Kiel outside German territory . The mortal remains of former NSDAP Reich conductor had been salvaged 26 years ago in Berlin. While prosecutors , detectives and forensic experts went always assume that the skeletal remains actually came from Bormann ; nevertheless, kept the myth of Nazi criminals could still be alive . With the help of genetic testing , scientists last year to dispel any doubt : The bones come from Bormann. The competent general prosecutor's office in Frankfurt am Main, then left the remains anonymous cremated in Bavaria and arranged a burial at sea - the relatives Bormann had refrained himself to care. Hildegard Becker -Toussaint , senior investigator at the Frankfurt Attorney General, said that the reason for the secret action: "We wanted to definitely prevent that somewhere a memorial created. " The cost of incineration and burial at sea will be a total of 5600 marks.

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 03 Apr 2014, 21:13

As previously stated I personally don't dispute the DNA evidence one bit. The alternative theory which is outlined on wikipedia is that he might of escaped to South America, lived & died there and then brought back to Germany and reburied. This would seem a lot more plausible given the fact that his skeletal remains were covered in flecks of red clay rather than yellow sand clay: Anyone agree ? ?

mtobler

Post by mtobler » 03 Apr 2014, 21:17

Only food for thought I guess

MLW

Post by MLW » 04 Apr 2014, 01:57

I think you need a better source of information than Wikipedia. Where did Wikipedia get its info? Find that source and then evaluate its credibility.

Regards,
Marc

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 04 Apr 2014, 06:23

Where is the scorlarly proof for this red clay story?
Martin Bormann never left Berlin after Mai 2nd 1945.
I recommand again not to use rubbish sources but to got the archives, take one or two weeks time and join the Frankfurt Generalstaatsanwaltschaft in their hunt for Bormann.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 06 Apr 2014, 20:47

The whole problem with the "Bormann survived and reburied" theory is that the body found in Berlin was that of a 45 year old man !! Bormann was 45 in 1945 !! So if he did make it out of Berlin and died -- then he died real quick in 1945 !! The body was of a 45 year old man with Bormann's DNA -- what more does one need ????? Or do the conspiracy theorists think the body is of someone else with Bormann's teeth??? Get Real -- he died on May 2, 1945 end of story.

Mark Costa

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 06 Apr 2014, 20:56

[quote]
body found in Berlin was that of a 45 year old man !! Bormann was 45 in 1945 !! So if he did make it out of Berlin and died -- then he died real quick in 1945 !! The body was of a 45 year old man with Bormann's DNA -- what more does one need ????? Or do the conspiracy theorists think the body is of someone else with Bormann's teeth??? Get Real -- he died on May 2, 1945 end of story.

[/quote

the common sense is brilliant :)

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 09 Apr 2014, 09:30

Mark - THANK YOU!!!!

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”