Black Germans during and after WW2

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Richie B

Re: Black Germans during and after WW2

Post by Richie B » 21 Nov 2008, 13:41

FireFoxy wrote: Hey ,UM are you shore. I don't think there was black humanbeings in Germany at that time.i think Germany was under the White policy same as britain, Australia.
Maybe you got confussed with America and france, if i can recall America and France were the only Countries that had african populations.
I seen a docomentry about a nazi newsreel saying that German race was much pure than the American Race cause they the Germans did not have African popualtion like America did.
I think the Africans in Germany at that time of ww2 was on hoilday visa's, they arn't German population but there on hoilidays.
The white policie change 13 years after ww2 finshed.
There was no such thing as Black germans before ww2 or during ww2.1958 United nations forced countrie's to let enthic populations in to there country,sep for Britain. Britain lost most of there population to Australia cause post ww2 condictions got to hard for the British people. Britain welcome african's into britain to repopulate britain.
But i know france and America had alot of african's living in france and America before ww2 and during ww2, i think you got confussed with France and America.
And i got nothing against Africans, i was just stating what was going on before and during and after WW2. Cheers.
Firefoxy

This is possible getting a little OT but ...

I think you need to do a little research on this topic before making such sweeping generalisations.

There have been Black people living here in the UK since the Eighteenth Century if not earlier. I think you will find the same applies to all European countries which had colonial possessions in Africa.

The "Africans" - I assume you mean Black people living in the US were of course largely the descendents of slaves.

After WW2 there was a policy of recruiting Caribbean people to work in Britain - not from Africa. This was not to replace what you describe I think as "most of the population" who had moved to Australia where incidentally there was a Whites only migrant policy.

Richard

Vitesse

Post by Vitesse » 21 Nov 2008, 13:41

FireFoxy - that's an interesting view. And it indicates you know absolutely **** all about the subject. :roll: In fact, you don't even seem to understand the "White Australia" policy, let alone anything else.

colt45

Post by colt45 » 21 Nov 2008, 18:20

just saw a photo of a black man driving the german truck in Africa, one I met in Munich only spoke german

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 21 Nov 2008, 18:39

FireFoxy wrote:There was no such thing as Black germans before ww2 or during ww2.
That is not correct, there are a few books written about experiences of black Germans during the Third Reich era.

Please keep the discussions in this thread focused on the black Germans during that era, if you want to discuss the situation in Britain or Australia, please do so in another thread.

/Marcus

colt45

Post by colt45 » 21 Nov 2008, 23:16

After World War I, more blacks, mostly French Senegalese soldiers or their offspring, ended up in the Rhineland region and other parts of Germany. Estimates vary, but by the 1920s there were about 10,000 to 25,000 Afrodeutsche in Deutschland, most of them in Berlin or other metropolitan areas. Until the Nazis came to power, black musicians and other entertainers were a popular element of the nightlife scene in Berlin and other large cities. Jazz, later denigrated as Negermusik ("Negro music") by the Nazis, was made popular in Germany and Europe by black musicians, many from the U.S., who found life in Europe more liberating than that back home. Josephine Baker in France is one prominent example. Both the American writer and civil rights activist W.E.B. du Bois and the suffragist Mary Church Terrell studied at the university in Berlin. They later wrote that they experienced far less discrimination in Germany than they had in the U.S.
http://www.gbmnews.com/articles/2979/1/ ... Page1.html

[Moderator's note: Colt45, I've put the above in a quote and cited the website source for it, since it's a direct quote from the website listed below by Vitesse. Please do the same with quoted material in the future. To do otherwise is plagiarism. ~Vikki]

Grisu

Post by Grisu » 22 Nov 2008, 00:18

FireFoxy wrote: Maybe you got confussed with America and france, if i can recall America and France were the only Countries that had african populations.
I seen a docomentry about a nazi newsreel saying that German race was much pure than the American Race cause they the Germans did not have African popualtion like America did.
I think the Africans in Germany at that time of ww2 was on hoilday visa's, they arn't German population but there on hoilidays.
There was no such thing as Black germans before ww2 or during ww2.
May I recommend that you could buy one or two books which would surely challenge your view that "Germans did not have African popualtion" and that Black people were in the Germany of the 1930s and 1040s solely "on hoilday visa's" - both of these views can easily be refuted.

FireFoxy
Banned

Post by FireFoxy » 22 Nov 2008, 04:43

Grisu wrote:
FireFoxy wrote: Maybe you got confussed with America and france, if i can recall America and France were the only Countries that had african populations.
There was no such thing as Black germans before ww2 or during ww2.
May I recommend that you could buy one or two books which would surely challenge your view that "Germans did not have African popualtion" and that Black people were in the Germany of the 1930s and 1040s solely "on hoilday visa's" - both of these views can easily be refuted.
Sir, Germany did have an african colinsized country,i think you're book means that the african people living in the african country that was under Germany at the time.Since the African country was under Hitler Germany, all those Afircan's would of been classed as African Germans.
If Africans were in Germany during ww2, Don't you reckon Hitler would of put them with the jewish people?
Hitler dislike Jewish people and he dislike African people, so when you watch documenties about the holucasts , where's the African people? Having crapets and tea with Hitler.I also ask around and they told me that Germany colinsize an African country and there sure that Germany did not have Afriacn populations until the White policy change.
I think you're book means African people being victims by Hitler in the German colisized African country during ww2.
I seen docomentry news reel about Germans saying that there race was more pure than America cause Germany did not have an African population and America did have an Afriacn population.

I checked on the internet and type in German African population during ww2 and therewas nothing about African popualtion in Germany during ww2.
I really do think you're book meant Arican germans in the African country and not Africans in Germany. Cheers
V = VICTORY

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 22 Nov 2008, 08:29

FireFoxy wrote: Sir, Germany did have an african colinsized country,i think you're book means that the african people living in the african country that was under Germany at the time.
Firefoxy, each person who responded to your last post was quite specific in referring to Black Germans, not Blacks in German colonies:

Marcus Wendel wrote: That is not correct, there are a few books written about experiences of black Germans during the Third Reich era.
colt45 wrote:After World War I, more blacks, mostly French Senegalese soldiers or their offspring, ended up in the Rhineland region and other parts of Germany. Estimates vary, but by the 1920s there were about 10,000 to 25,000 Afrodeutsche in Deutschland, most of them in Berlin or other metropolitan areas.
Grisu wrote:May I recommend that you could buy one or two books which would surely challenge your view that "Germans did not have African popualtion" and that Black people were in the Germany of the 1930s and 1040s solely "on hoilday visa's" - both of these views can easily be refuted.
This is a research area of the Forum. Please present evidence to the contrary of what the above posters have written—and by evidence I mean a citation of your written sources for the information, preferably primary sources—if you intend to continue this argument.

FireFoxy wrote: If Africans were in Germany during ww2, Don't you reckon Hitler would of put them with the jewish people?
Hitler dislike Jewish people and he dislike African people, so when you watch documenties about the holucasts , where's the African people? Having crapets and tea with Hitler.I also ask around and they told me that Germany colinsize an African country and there sure that Germany did not have Afriacn populations until the White policy change.
“Reckoning” and “asking around” are neither verifiable nor reliable sources for disputing generally accepted points of history.

I seen docomentry news reel about Germans saying that there race was more pure than America cause Germany did not have an African population and America did have an Afriacn population.
One should also be careful of television documentaries, as I have pointed out to you previously: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1267671

We'll be glad to hear from you again--when you have respectably-sourced arguments to make.

~Vikki

FireFoxy
Banned

Post by FireFoxy » 22 Nov 2008, 09:26

Vikki wrote:
FireFoxy wrote: Sir, Germany did have an african colinsized country,i think you're book means that the african people living in the african country that was under Germany at the time.
Firefoxy, each person who responded to your last post was quite specific in referring to Black Germans, not Blacks in German colonies:

Marcus Wendel wrote: That is not correct, there are a few books written about experiences of black Germans during the Third Reich era.
colt45 wrote:After World War I, more blacks, mostly French Senegalese soldiers or their offspring, ended up in the Rhineland region and other parts of Germany. Estimates vary, but by the 1920s there were about 10,000 to 25,000 Afrodeutsche in Deutschland, most of them in Berlin or other metropolitan areas.
Grisu wrote:May I recommend that you could buy one or two books which would surely challenge your view that "Germans did not have African popualtion" and that Black people were in the Germany of the 1930s and 1040s solely "on hoilday visa's" - both of these views can easily be refuted.
This is a research area of the Forum. Please present evidence to the contrary of what the above posters have written—and by evidence I mean a citation of your written sources for the information, preferably primary sources—if you intend to continue this argument.

FireFoxy wrote: If Africans were in Germany during ww2, Don't you reckon Hitler would of put them with the jewish people?
“Reckoning” and “asking around” are neither verifiable nor reliable sources for disputing generally accepted points of history.

One should also be careful of television documentaries, as I have pointed out to you previously: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1267671

We'll be glad to hear from you again--when you have respectably-sourced arguments to make.

~Vikki
Hi Vikki, Um......There you go, France Africans entered Germany, they are still class as France Africans and not German Africans,so in ww2 the question is How did Hitler treat the French Africans in Germany during ww2.
You say that there's information in the books , why is it not on the internet, i check again and i type in "German Africans during ww2 and there was nothing, is that telling you something. I bet if i type in french Africans i find all of you're information.
Since germany is joned up to france, off cause some french Africans are going to wounder into naibouring countries like Germany, but that does not mean that there class as Germans,if there were class as Germans there would of been information about them in documentires and the internet.

PS,i agree that some documentries are wrong but not all of them, this one was not wrong, btw don't just relie on other people's information.
You need to proof it to me,i mean proof that there African Germans, cause they were really French Africans living in Germany,and the Question should state this-How did Hitler treat the French Africans in Germany during ww2.
In todays world we got the same thing happening.In Austraila we have people staying in Austraila and they are not classed as Australian, there classed as were they come from. Example,Girl that i'm working with, she comes from merecious and she staying in Austraila for 6 months. She is not classed as an Australian, she classed as a merecious subject staying in Australia.
Same thing back in ww2. French Africans staying in Germany are classed as French subjects staying in Germany.
Sorry for my bad spelling, i'm a very bad speller. Just hope you can read it. Cheers.
V = VICTORY

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 22 Nov 2008, 10:09

Hello Firefoxy, Um...

As I said here:
Vikki wrote: This is a research area of the Forum. Please present evidence to the contrary of what the above posters have written—and by evidence I mean a citation of your written sources for the information, preferably primary sources—if you intend to continue this argument.
And elaborated on here:
Vikki wrote:“Reckoning” and “asking around” are neither verifiable nor reliable sources for disputing generally accepted points of history.

The burden of proof lies with you, since you’re presenting this argument. Provide some on-topic, credible documentation beyond what you’ve “heard” and/or what the internet might have returned to you if you’d put in the appropriate search criteria, or your posts here will start to disappear.

~Vikki

Vitesse

Post by Vitesse » 22 Nov 2008, 13:08

Firefoxy: since you obviously can't be bothered to do more than cursory "research", this link should suffice to refute just about all your suppositions. Took me about 30 seconds to find ....

colt45

Post by colt45 » 22 Nov 2008, 21:47

Hundreds of the African Rhineland-based soldiers intermarried with German women and raised their children as Black Germans. In Mein Kampf, Hitler wrote about his plans for these "Rhineland Bastards". When he came to power, one of his first directives was aimed at these mixed-race children. Underscoring Hitler's obsession with racial purity, by 1937, every identified mixed-race child in the Rhineland had been forcibly sterilized, in order to prevent further "race polluting", as Hitler termed it.
Hans Hauck, a Black Holocaust survivor and a victim of Hitler's mandatory sterilisation program, explained in the film "Hitler's Forgotten Victims" that, when he was forced to undergo sterilisation as a teenager, he was given no anaesthetic. Once he received his sterilisation certificate, he was "free to go", so long as he agreed to have no sexual relations whatsoever with Germans.
Although most Black Germans attempted to escape their fatherland, heading for France where people like Josephine Baker were steadily aiding and supporting the French Underground, many still encountered problems elsewhere. Nations shut their doors to Germans, including the Black ones. Some Black Germans were able to eke out a living during Hitler's reign of terror by performing in Vaudeville shows, but many Blacks, steadfast in their belief that they were German first, Black second, opted to remain in Germany. Some fought with the Nazis (a few even became Lutwaffe pilots)!
http://www.kintespace.com/kp_atolbert0.html

Vikki
Forum Staff

Post by Vikki » 22 Nov 2008, 21:56

colt45, please see my note at the bottom of your post further above, about quoting and giving the source for quoted material. I've "fixed" your last post as well.

~Vikki

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Nov 2008, 23:20

Amazing how it's taken so long for this history to come to light. In all my readings of Nazi history over the many years from Shirer to Bullock, Trevor-Roper to Kershaw, hardly a word on the fate of blacks living in Naziland. It's obvious that Hitler does not care for negro peoples as he makes quite clear in Mein Kampf, refering to France as "a negro nation on European soil". He also vents against those who would make a lawyer out of a black man and then declare the races equal as well as priests who would set up missions in Africa for negroes who didn't want it ignoring their more worthy Germans dying from moral poison in the cities at home. HITLER didn't like blacks but he really hated the jews. During the war, America was especially attacked for it's "negrification", Jazz etc.....Hitler says in his table talks that "America is a land half-negrified, half-judaized. How can such a country possibly hold together?" He even refers to the "negroid appearance of Roosevelt's wife" (Eleanor). Before the Nazis, anyone who knows about the Weimar Republic will admit that Josephine Baker was quite popular with germans in 1920's Berlin and it's very true that Dubois studied German philosophy in Germany..a very bright man indeed...Franz Fanon was also quite taken in by german philosophy as was Marcus Garvey. The Germans were quite in awe of the Negro athletes of the 1936 games and Jesse Owens himself wrote that he enjoyed his time there very much...Owens also denied the famous Hitler "snub" , stating that he thought it was terrible that the press lied about it (see Owen's memoirs)...the blacks in germany were such a small minority that this might be the reason for the long silence on this history. In many nazi feature films, there is a "lead" black actor (who was really a supporting actor) who starred in colonial films like "Ohm Kruger" and even the last film "Kolberg" but it's always the same guy! I don't know his name but his experience with Goebbels and the Nazis would have been an interesting memoir but he's been dead I'm sure. He just may have written one, i don't know. Hitler and Nazi theorists looked down on negroes as being inferior, but blacks did live there and more is being written about this silent chapter in german history.

FireFoxy
Banned

Post by FireFoxy » 23 Nov 2008, 00:49

Vitesse wrote:Firefoxy: since you obviously can't be bothered to do more than cursory "research", this link should suffice to refute just about all your suppositions. Took me about 30 seconds to find ....

Please Read J.Ducan post please!
V = VICTORY

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”