Black Germans during and after WW2

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
sailor-tom

Post by sailor-tom » 18 Oct 2007, 15:18

All my Swabian in-laws plus the ones who go to our local Swabian club where all in the SS and not one can recall a black serving in there army. Not in the European theater but maybe somewhere else.

HaEn
In memoriam

black soldiers

Post by HaEn » 18 Oct 2007, 18:31

I DID ! It was in Deventer or Hengelo railroad station winter of 1944.
There was a group of Heer soldiers, amongst which a pitch black soldier.
I must have "stared" at him, because he started to laugh and said in fluent high German (not negro talk) "I am the scout; as long as I keep my mouth closed they cannot see me in the dark." His comrades laughed with him, and a couple of them came and put an arm around his shoulder, as if to protect him from that stupid racist waffen SS kid.
HN

p.s. they were all "older" soldiers, in their about 40's or so

lebel

Post by lebel » 18 Oct 2007, 19:26

Are there , still in 2007 , offsprings of black soldiers-german women ?
They had to be born around 1919-1925 (born in Rhineland during french occupation ) and they would be now in their 80-90
I dare say , were there or not the outcome of rapes?
What was their life and their fate ?
I know that's " une question trés embarassante "
Thanks for answering

HaEn
In memoriam

offspring

Post by HaEn » 19 Oct 2007, 03:00

Why would they be the result of "rapes" ?????; Perhaps by soldiers of occupying forces in/after WWI, but the chance of 'rape" would be just as badly done by caucasian as by non caucasian soldiers. (IMHO)
By the way, although I was a racial pure "Nordic" by SS standards, one of my forebearers was a MOOR, i.e. pitch black. :lol:
HN

lebel

Post by lebel » 19 Oct 2007, 10:13

Bonjour HaEn
Thanks for your reply

My main question was :
Are there , still in 2007 , offsprings of black soldiers-german women ?
They had to be born around 1919-1925 (born in Rhineland during french occupation ) and they would be now in their 80-90

Mattlander

Post by Mattlander » 19 Oct 2007, 23:01

Haen, What other rare nationalities did you ever come across by change or was that all? (in German uniform i mean)

HaEn
In memoriam

rare nationalities

Post by HaEn » 19 Oct 2007, 23:39

During the summer of 1944, I saw an officer, who walked around with a wide brimmed hat, short khaki pants and shortsleeve khaki shirt.
He wore three stars on his collar amd khaki shoulder boards and was decked out with a chest full of decorations.
He would stop, and yell at anyne who did not correctly salute him , IN FLUENT GERMAN !
supposedly he commandeered a staffcar, and was assumed to be a high ranking member of the past Afrika Corps.
Now for the clencher: It turned out that he was a British officer (plain old captain) who had "just walked out" of a P.O. W. camp.
They followed his trail through Holland and NW Germany, to the Danish
border, where he ran through the gate with his (must have been well built) commandeered staffcar.
Once in Denmark, they lost track of him, but he supposedly DID send a postcard from England to Goring via the Int. Red Cross, "thanking" him for the "hospitality" of the POW camp.
I saw him, but the rest of the story is "hearsay".
HN

Mattlander

Post by Mattlander » 21 Oct 2007, 00:20

thats a funny story Haen.

Voice of Truth

Post by Voice of Truth » 22 Oct 2007, 16:17

lebel wrote:Are there , still in 2007 , offsprings of black soldiers-german women ?
I dare say , were there or not the outcome of rapes?
What was their life and their fate ?
I know that's " une question trés embarassante "
Thanks for answering
There were certainly rapes, but I guess most of the carnal encounters were mutually agreed. Hitler ordered the offsprings of such relationships to be sterilised, but there are always some that escaped the net.

Voice of Truth

Re: offspring

Post by Voice of Truth » 22 Oct 2007, 16:19

HaEn wrote:Why would they be the result of "rapes" ?????; Perhaps by soldiers of occupying forces in/after WWI, but the chance of 'rape" would be just as badly done by caucasian as by non caucasian soldiers. (IMHO)
By the way, although I was a racial pure "Nordic" by SS standards, one of my forebearers was a MOOR, i.e. pitch black. :lol:
HN

With due respect HaEn, a 'moor' is a north African; therefore a Berber or an Arab, not a black person.

colt45

Post by colt45 » 23 Oct 2007, 16:41

When I asked a black guy in Munich directions, he only spoke German,, the WWII 1945 women did anything to get out of Germany. a ticket to U.S.A. would be great!

lebel

Black Germans

Post by lebel » 23 Oct 2007, 20:14

About sterilization of offsprings or discriminatory measures,
Does it exist any decree , laws or declarations of 3rd Reich officials ?

ThomasG

Post by ThomasG » 23 Oct 2007, 22:22

Can anybody name a single example of a black Wehrmacht soldier?

The Germans had a policy to sterilize the "Rhinelandbastarde". It is very improbable that any of them were allowed to serve in the Wehrmacht.

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/histories/docum ... acism.html

Another illustrative poster:
Attachments
AfroGI.JPG
AfroGI.JPG (172.13 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

Von Spreuth

Post by Von Spreuth » 26 Oct 2007, 08:58

According to Hans Massaquoi, in his book "Neger neger, Schornsteinfeger", he was not allowed in the H.J, or the Wehrmacht, because he was black. But he lived throughout the war in Hamburg, where he also writes about a black group that were kept in Hamburg zoo, to show African culture. Basically they put on a display for the visitors which any one who has gone to Africa as a tourist today, would see.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neger,_Neg ... steinfeger!

[A section of this post dealing with modern German naturalization laws was removed by this Moderator. Any sourced information on Third Reich naturalization laws, on the other hand, would be pertinent and welcome. ~Vikki]

FireFoxy
Banned

Re: Black Germans during and after WW2

Post by FireFoxy » 21 Nov 2008, 11:50

Panzermahn wrote:Does anyone knew what is the fate of the black Germans living in Germany during Third Reich?

I know that a book has been written about them...i forgotten the author but title is from my recollection is:

The Forgotten Holocaust (isn't it right?)
Hey ,UM are you shore. I don't think there was black humanbeings in Germany at that time.i think Germany was under the White policy same as britain, Australia.
Maybe you got confussed with America and france, if i can recall America and France were the only Countries that had african populations.
I seen a docomentry about a nazi newsreel saying that German race was much pure than the American Race cause they the Germans did not have African popualtion like America did.
I think the Africans in Germany at that time of ww2 was on hoilday visa's, they arn't German population but there on hoilidays.
The white policie change 13 years after ww2 finshed.
There was no such thing as Black germans before ww2 or during ww2.1958 United nations forced countrie's to let enthic populations in to there country,sep for Britain. Britain lost most of there population to Australia cause post ww2 condictions got to hard for the British people. Britain welcome african's into britain to repopulate britain.
But i know france and America had alot of african's living in france and America before ww2 and during ww2, i think you got confussed with France and America.
And i got nothing against Africans, i was just stating what was going on before and during and after WW2. Cheers.
V = VICTORY

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”