Hitlers Last Appearance for the cameras

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
le bloa

Re: Hitlers Last Appearance for the cameras

Post by le bloa » 02 Jan 2017, 08:28

Pictures from Germans carrying body in the Reichkanzlei garden from Fuhrerbunker's exit is coming from a KGB's movie. In early 1946 year KGB bring back to Berlin prisonners who had witnessed A. Hitler's suicide for criminal reconstitution. Among those prisonners were Hitler's driver (Kempka), bodyguard (Misch), Linge.... Stalin wanted to be sure that testimonies of A. Hitler's suicide were correct. It's a criminal reconstitution'movie not entertainement.

FranzJ

Post by FranzJ » 08 Feb 2017, 02:40

Can anyone provide information about this picture?

FranzJ

Post by FranzJ » 08 Feb 2017, 02:48

David Irving in a review of the movie Untergang writes that this picture "was actually taken after a British air raid in November 1943, according to Julius Schaub".

Max

Post by Max » 09 Feb 2017, 12:10

FranzJ wrote:Can anyone provide information about this picture?

National Geographic says
Hitler greets an unidentified boy at a meeting in Breslau in 1935.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/g ... uth-56271/
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

FranzJ

Post by FranzJ » 09 Feb 2017, 17:47

Thank you...this picture was mislabeled as Hitler's last year.........

Interesting to see Hitler in a "Himmleresque" leather coat 8O

FranzJ

Post by FranzJ » 09 Feb 2017, 17:53

Here is a hint that there are unknown pictures around of Hitler's last Birthday

Hitler's Birthday
Chaotic Conditions
Kalgoorlie Miner [WA]
21 April 1945

London, 20 April: At noon today —Hitler's birthday- Berlin's sirens wailed as the German "Achtung" radios reported bombers, says Reuter's monitoring service.

Germany's principal radio station, Deutschlandsender, believed to be situated at Königs-Wüsterhausen, had not been heard for 17 hours up to 2 p.m. A few of the remaining medium wave stations were working at half or quarter power, and to hear Germany's voice clearly one had to tune in to Oslo or the transmitter operating on the former Vienna wave length.

Thus, on Hitler's birthday, Germany's once great network, which once filled the ether from Calais to the Caucasus, began to operate on two different programmes — one for the Reich's southern rump and the other for the northern. The German News agency said that many Berliners had to read Göbbels's speech for Hitler's birthday from the newspapers because the electric current had failed. Berlin papers featured the speech, with photographs.

jackconnor

Post by jackconnor » 07 May 2017, 20:47

Did anyone come up with details of this post? Was the boy Hitler Youth? Hitler Left hand seems to be working fine, to me that would suggest its was 1943 era, after that pictures I have seen of him, his left hand is not working correctly. (Please don't get annoyed at me if I am wrong, I am 14 and doing a history project on the Hitler Youth & Edelweiss Pirates. )

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”