RAL 840 B2 colour chart

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
mechinf

RAL 840 B2 colour chart

Post by mechinf » 02 Dec 2016, 21:59

Who can send me a pdf scan of this chart, as it does not correspond with the modern RAL numbers. I would like to sort out my paint numbers before painting a model. Any help will be appreciated!

Regards

William (mechinf(at)netactive.co.za)

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Re: RAL 840 B2 colour chart

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 03 Dec 2016, 14:36

mechinf wrote:Who can send me a pdf scan of this chart, as it does not correspond with the modern RAL numbers. I would like to sort out my paint numbers before painting a model. Any help will be appreciated!

Regards

William (mechinf(at)netactive.co.za)
Be aware that it is problematic to use a scan for determining colors. In addition to possible color fading of the chart, the scanning process much be properly controlled to ensure correct color preservation. In addition, viewing it on the monitor is highly unreliable, as monitors reproduce colors very differently, and printing it is equally unreliable unless both the person scanning and the person printing the document has access to the same color reference chart, which is scanned alongside the document.

dirk Peeters

Post by dirk Peeters » 03 Dec 2016, 20:13

there are several topics of colors , here is one of them
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... s#p1894854
me (and our museum staff) and others museum work with these colors a lot for restauration of bunkers
you can find there a lot otherwise i ll see what i can put here when i m in my archive
Dirk

dirk Peeters

Post by dirk Peeters » 03 Dec 2016, 20:16

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”