La Gleize Tiger II 213 (Today).

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Tim Smith

Post by Tim Smith » 23 Dec 2007, 16:08

I agree. This tank should stay where it is and not be restored. It's not just a tank - it's virtually a war memorial in its own right. War memorials should never be moved.

Ace31

Post by Ace31 » 23 Dec 2007, 19:19

Tim Smith wrote:I agree. This tank should stay where it is and not be restored. It's not just a tank - it's virtually a war memorial in its own right. War memorials should never be moved.
A war memorial would remain the same even if been restored... I can't see any problems about that...

JodelFlieger

Post by JodelFlieger » 24 Dec 2007, 15:53

Hello all
was 213 knocked out here or dragged here from another site? Was it blown up by it's owners or wrecked by enemy action? Personally, I think it should be preserved, sealed to casual access and properly painted and, if someone died in it, treated as a war grave.
regards
JF

cM#

Post by cM# » 08 Jan 2008, 17:24

Hi JodelFlieger

See this Page for all you need to know about 213 and how it got to its current resting place. >> http://ss501panzer.com/213_restoration.htm

Here is a quote from the same site regarding Tigers 213 & 211 >>> http://ss501panzer.com/Battle_21-25_Dec.htm
Tigers 213 and 211 along with the Panthers at the Werimont farm engaged the TF McGeorge tanks at ranges up to 1,500 meters. They kept up a hot fire, but the numerical superiority of the American tanks soon told. The crew of Tiger 211 abandoned their tank after several hits to the turret knocked out the sensitive electrical firing system and the tank commander, SS-Untersturmführer Hantusch, was wounded in the head. Shortly afterwards the crew of Tiger 213 followed suit after accurate American fire blew off the front third of the tank’s gun.
@ Patrice

Thanks for sharing your Superb Pictures :D

Cheers
Darren Watson

Rikard Hufschmied

Post by Rikard Hufschmied » 09 Jan 2008, 10:44

cM# wrote:Hi JodelFlieger

See this Page for all you need to know about 213 and how it got to its current resting place. >> http://ss501panzer.com/213_restoration.htm

Here is a quote from the same site regarding Tigers 213 & 211 >>> http://ss501panzer.com/Battle_21-25_Dec.htm
Tigers 213 and 211 along with the Panthers at the Werimont farm engaged the TF McGeorge tanks at ranges up to 1,500 meters. They kept up a hot fire, but the numerical superiority of the American tanks soon told. The crew of Tiger 211 abandoned their tank after several hits to the turret knocked out the sensitive electrical firing system and the tank commander, SS-Untersturmführer Hantusch, was wounded in the head. Shortly afterwards the crew of Tiger 213 followed suit after accurate American fire blew off the front third of the tank’s gun.
@ Patrice

Thanks for sharing your Superb Pictures :D

Cheers
Darren Watson
"Accurate fire" ... haha ... I say damn lucky shot!

cM#

Post by cM# » 10 Jan 2008, 11:38

"Accurate fire" ... haha ... I say damn lucky shot!
I couldn't agree more :)

LAH650

Post by LAH650 » 25 Jan 2008, 17:27

Over the weekend of the 15th and 16th December 2007 the Thunder From Heaven Living History Group recreated the last desperate days of Kampfgruppe Peiper as it struggled to break out from American encirclement in the village of La Gleize.
Our photoshoot was only made possible with the kind permission of the local authorities, the Gendarmerie, and the residents of La Gleize, who were very helpful and generous in allowing us unprecedented access to the many historic locations in and around the village which are on private land and are usually closed to the public.
A special mention has to go to the La Gleize Dezember 1944 museum whose assistance was invaluable and whose Koenigs Tiger played such an integral role in our photography.
A final mention has to go to Colin Dewey whose battlefield knowledge and 25 year association with the village of La Gleize made everything possible.

TFH also undertook a ‘Tour’, we followed Peiper route from Germany to the tip of the spear, taking in some other stops on the way. These photos speak for them selves.

I would like to add my vote of thanks to the village of La Gleize for there warmth and hospitality at all times during our stay, Thankyou.

We had many people stop and talk from all over Europe….

Some from not that far away….

Well you would if you could… wouldn’t you…..

portraits ….

Enjoy…

Colin
Dave
Ian
Mark
Le Mongo
Nick
Andrew

And

Ian again… :roll:

Flemish Chris... :wink:

Au revoir Mongo X :oops:
:lol:

Mark or is it..... :?:

Yes I did get off 213, but they had to drag me off it.... :D

Yes it's Ian again :roll:

Mark... well it's not Ian... :lol:

And they just keep coming... only 597 to go.... :shock:

Chris... 8)

Dave, the units ‘Potato Rotten Furrow’ (credit one PD for that one)

Dave...... MP44 8) 8)

I had to look long and hard but I've found another photo of Nick... :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last one for this Chapter... more soon...

Guys if you have a pic send it to or ask me and I'll add here...

More.... well there are.... :roll:

Andrew W

Bart V.

Re: La Gleize Tiger II 213 (Today).

Post by Bart V. » 09 Apr 2014, 00:37

Attachments
La Gleize KT - 180.jpg
La Gleize KT - 180.jpg (109.18 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”